How To Wipe A Network Hard Drive

dsys

Here is the setup I have:

I am running windows vista (SP1 not installed).

The Network drive is a standalone device (ie not connected to a server etc)

The netork drive is a Buffallo Link station 500GB .

I want to wipe the drive clean, ie overwrite each sector not just format the drive. I usually use MediaWiper from WhiteCanyon to do this but I can't use this software to access network drives.

Does anybody know how to go about this, apart from opening up the NAS and putting it in a USB box?

Also not sure if the Buffallo drive has "an operating system" on the drive or in Flash

Any help appreciated

Can you lay your hands on a copy of "ERD Commander" ?

Cuban -

I have a copy but can't get it to run under Vista and I have no local XP PC's. Even tried to run via a VMWare image of an XP PC but no joy.

Guest Reimar

Cuban -

I have a copy but can't get it to run under Vista and I have no local XP PC's. Even tried to run via a VMWare image of an XP PC but no joy.

There is an CD named Emergency 2006 available n which you can use for to do the job. You need to boot from that CD and just choose the required PRG and than your drive. You ca find that CD in most of the IT-Malls.

Cheers.

Cuban -

There is an CD named Emergency 2006 available n which you can use for to do the job. You need to boot from that CD and just choose the required PRG and than your drive. You ca find that CD in most of the IT-Malls.

Cheers.

Thanks reimar - will grab that next time i am near a stall