Non-imm B Valid Beyond It's Expiry Date?

Hey,

I'm in the process of getting a new passport. Hasn't arrived yet, my old one expires in 7 months.

My extended 1 year single entry non-imm B is up on the 31st April (as my contract is). My 90 day reporting (last done in March) has stamped the next report is in June.

Do I have to extend my non-imm B with my new contract before the 31st of April, or is it still 'valid' until June because that's when the next report is????

Will I be able to extend it with my new contract after the end of April, when it officially expires because of the 90 day stamp?

Thanks if anybody can help.

If your visa has an expiry date of 31st April then it will never expire!!! 30 days hath September April June and November etc , get it?

90 day reporting is purely an administration requirement to show yoru address and has no connection with your visa they are two seperate things. My permission to stay expires on 29th April but my next reporting date is 18th May, the lady in Immigration went to some length to point this out that they are seperate and I need to renew permission to stay by 29th April AND come back two weeks later and do my 90 day reporting.

If your visa has an expiry date of 31st April then it will never expire!!! 30 days hath September April June and November etc , get it?

90 day reporting is purely an administration requirement to show yoru address and has no connection with your visa they are two seperate things. My permission to stay expires on 29th April but my next reporting date is 18th May, the lady in Immigration went to some length to point this out that they are seperate and I need to renew permission to stay by 29th April AND come back two weeks later and do my 90 day reporting.

I am certain you are wrong when renew your 1 yr visa, the first date you apply means the same as leaving and entering the country again. The 90 day reporting starts anew from the first stamp in your passport. It does for an 'o' type visa. when you have to return 1 month later as for 'b' visa I would assume that it starts from renewal date stamp. unless you renew up to one month earlier which is allowed. if in Bangkok after renewal just pop upstairs and deal direct, then you can't be wrong. Ever ???????????

Plus they are very helpful now adays also have a written note stating when the next time I report or reminding me to renew my visa.

I am certain you are wrong when renew your 1 yr visa, the first date you apply means the same as leaving and entering the country again. The 90 day reporting starts anew from the first stamp in your passport. It does for an 'o' type visa. when you have to return 1 month later as for 'b' visa I would assume that it starts from renewal date stamp. unless you renew up to one month earlier which is allowed. if in Bangkok after renewal just pop upstairs and deal direct, then you can't be wrong. Ever ???????????

Plus they are very helpful now adays also have a written note stating when the next time I report or reminding me to renew my visa.

Just remember the most important stamp is your Visa stamp and end date. 90 days is just confirming your address, and changes each time you leave and reenter the country. B visa are only valid while you are contracted to work. 1900b will get you only a 7 day extension to leave. if waiting for new school contract or renewal delayed to save paying you for a month (normal) go over for a tourist visa cheaper (can do that for 3 times). and start again.(get the school to assist with costs) be warned you had better have tax cert saying you or the school has paid or you are exempt or they might not let you leave till you have??

Only the first extension of stay (TM.7) application counts as a 90 day report (your first). After that only 90 days from last (TM47) report or new entry (TM.6) into Thailand.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.