Thaivisa Insurance Experience

huggybear

This is not an advert this is a true story.

About three months ago, I needed some coverage, so I contacted the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. A nice fellow, Peter, walked me through it, and I signed up for a super reasonable rate.

Everybody, I have been in Thailand for three years and have NEVER had a problem and did not anticipate what happened to me last Friday night.

Coming downhill on the motorbike,at night (dark), going around a bend, doing about 40-45, I hit sand and gravel and the bike was out from under me in a flash. Here I am on the pavement sliding at 40KPH in my shorts, sandals and tank top. I pop up and am just gushing blood. I have some minor medical training due to some lifeguarding, knew nothing was broken, but best I head off for the hospital to get checked out. A couple of the wounds looked pretty deep.

Got all cleaned up, wrapped like a mummy, and have been having my bandages changed daily. A couple days later I was having some abnormal pain in my back, felt like maybe I cracked my tailbone when I hit the pavement, had some x-rays, luckily, negative.

So I am here to just tell everybody that ThaiVisa Insurance stepped up, covered me, no hassles. If you are out there with no coverage, take a moment to review what happened to me. Please consider calling the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. I am thankful to Peter and all the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. HB

I'm very glad for your positive experience with Thaivisa insurance.

I've never actually used them (only went so far as an inquiry), so I wouldn't be qualified to comment.

What's interesting to note however, is that if ever there are any posters out there who had the opposite experience with them whom we wanted to hear about, we might not hear about it because it might be banned for these posters to say so against a forum sponsor.

For my inquiry with the company though, they seemed okay; and I hope they prosper by continuing to give good service to people like the OP.

Edited by junkofdavid2

This is not an advert this is a true story.

About three months ago, I needed some coverage, so I contacted the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. A nice fellow, Peter, walked me through it, and I signed up for a super reasonable rate.

Everybody, I have been in Thailand for three years and have NEVER had a problem and did not anticipate what happened to me last Friday night.

Coming downhill on the motorbike,at night (dark), going around a bend, doing about 40-45, I hit sand and gravel and the bike was out from under me in a flash. Here I am on the pavement sliding at 40KPH in my shorts, sandals and tank top. I pop up and am just gushing blood. I have some minor medical training due to some lifeguarding, knew nothing was broken, but best I head off for the hospital to get checked out. A couple of the wounds looked pretty deep.

Got all cleaned up, wrapped like a mummy, and have been having my bandages changed daily. A couple days later I was having some abnormal pain in my back, felt like maybe I cracked my tailbone when I hit the pavement, had some x-rays, luckily, negative.

So I am here to just tell everybody that ThaiVisa Insurance stepped up, covered me, no hassles. If you are out there with no coverage, take a moment to review what happened to me. Please consider calling the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. I am thankful to Peter and all the people at ThaiVisa Insurance. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. HB

Glad you are OK

Was the cover for hospital only or also for outpatient ?

Did the insurance cover the whole lot of fees ? What total amount was involved ?

Did Thaivisa insurance broker staff intervene ?

I have coverage with a company that covers everything in the event of major accidnet/illness. Basically if you get sick or in a serious accidnet they pay the ongoing costs no matter how long and how much.

An example was if I got cancer, then treatment is covered forever, till better or dead.

I did not get OP or Dental included though.

I have tried to find better coverage, but have not as yet and the problem with changing companies is the wait periods and previous conditions etc.

Anyway, for a family of 4, it costs 26k per quarter.

I would also like to find good affordable life insurance for a large amount, not the piss poor small amounts offered here of 1 or 2 million baht etc.

Dear MR Paddy,

If I may ask, which company are you using?

I am looking into a medical insurance as well, but do feel a bit nervous of insuring with a company that may decide to kick me out after a year when struck by bad luck (either big accident or serious illness).

Another thing that I am looking into, is an insurance for disability. I am from Holland, moving to Thailand, and Holland is quite protective. If you fall ill, you are supported by government. I am trying to find something that covers me if I can not work for a long time due to an accident / illness. The life insurances offering 1 m bath are not sufficient to maintain my life style if there is no salary to be received.

Does anybody have good experiences on either health or life isurances serving these purposes?

Thank you,

Ketsare

I seem to recall reading other post that stated Thai insurance companies have specific clauses that state they do not cover MOTOBIKE accidents?...

GOOD POINT. People need to ask and if told yes, inquire where it says that in the fine print. AT the very least HB reminds us of the value of medical insurance. I know I am lucky as my employer gives me coverage but one of my friends who should know better says, hey I'm 32, nothing's going to happen. Sheer genius there.

While not wishing to detract from the positive experience of the OP, it may be worthwhile for members to know that a properly registered and Taxed motorcycle must have, as a legal requirement, the minimum Por Ror Bor insurance covering personal injury of the driver, and ONE passenger and any 3rd party. Without this insurance it is not possible to Tax the motorcycle.

The Tax costs 100Baht for a 110cc bike, and the PRB insurance cost me 319Baht with Thai Development Insurance Co Ltd. (Note this insurance does not cover damage to the motorcycle or property, only personal injury).

The OP’s accident injuries should therefore be covered by this PRB insurance (up to 50,000Baht) without the need to obtain separate insurance cover, if the bike was taxed.

To obtain free hospital treatment under this PRB type of insurance without having to make a claim direct to the Insurance company, it is necessary to obtain a police report concerning the accident(cost 10Baht !!) and produce copies of this report, the insurance certificate, Registration Book, the owner’s ID or passport at any Private or Government hospital.

It is also possible to obtain First Class Insurance for a motorcycle. (Know as Fully Comprehensive Insurance in the UK)

So if the bike you are riding is Taxed, you are covered for personal injury.

Happy riding all!

Cheers Rick

Edited by Riley'sLife