Medical Insurance

fak119

I am moving to Pattaya soon.

What kind of Health Insurance is available in Thailand for non-Thai residents? What do they cover? How expensive are they?

Thank you for your help.

Felix

Felix

Medical insurance can be quite the minefield. As we suggested to Hiromj, maybe the easiest way would be to pop into our Pattaya office and have a chat when you are here : 038 415 795-6

(Please mention "Felix").

In the mean time any direct questions please contact Thai Visa Insurance :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

• 3 weeks later...

I've been without health insurance for about 15 years in Thailand, which was never a problem given the comparably low costs of medical services here. Recently I have been comparing offers from different insurance companies. However, I consider all of them unattractive, because they only offer max coverage up to a certain amount (usually 600k) per incident plus tons of conditions. Since I can spend 600k-1m out of pocket in an emergency situation, there isn't really any incentive. What I am looking for is a health insurance that covers the (unlikely yet possible) multimillion Baht incident. Does anyone have any ideas/tips?

Cheers, CMX

I've been without health insurance for about 15 years in Thailand, which was never a problem given the comparably low costs of medical services here. Recently I have been comparing offers from different insurance companies. However, I consider all of them unattractive, because they only offer max coverage up to a certain amount (usually 600k) per incident plus tons of conditions. Since I can spend 600k-1m out of pocket in an emergency situation, there isn't really any incentive. What I am looking for is a health insurance that covers the (unlikely yet possible) multimillion Baht incident. Does anyone have any ideas/tips?

Cheers, CMX

Chiangmaiexpat

Fully agree with you, 600k is not enough coverage. Please say the amount you wish to be insured for and we shall offer you quotations.http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form