What To Do These Rainy Days?

thaigerd

When I woke up this morning I was full of plans and hoping the rain will stop, but it does not look like.

Wife and dogs where sleeping very deep, actually they looked like paralysed by the rain and cold temperatures.

So I went to Tops for some cookng ingredients:

Just cooking fried beef burgers, roasted potatoes and cauliflower in a creamy cheese sauce.

What are youb doing these days?

In case the rain stops today I will go for a motorbike test drive.

Gerd

I finally got around to doing my ironing - such a wet day that I had no excuse - feel better now that it's done - no doubt the washing pile will grow but at least I can say it's too wet to wash. :D

Time to dig out the good books I have been saving.

I wonder if it's going to be too wet to go to Thalang to yet another pre-cremation send-off.

Has anyone else noticed how it appears more Thai people die in low season than in high season ? :o

What sort of M'bike are you going to test Gerd ?

the ironing is a good one i guess, as its one of the only ways you can get your clothes fully dry in the wet season!

books are good too. especially when tucked up with a hot chocolate.

watch those DVD's you have been putting off for so long.

go to a movie. i like gold class myself. a small indulgence.

When I woke up this morning I was full of plans and hoping the rain will stop, but it does not look like.

Wife and dogs where sleeping very deep, actually they looked like paralysed by the rain and cold temperatures.

So I went to Tops for some cookng ingredients:

Just cooking fried beef burgers, roasted potatoes and cauliflower in a creamy cheese sauce.

What are youb doing these days?

In case the rain stops today I will go for a motorbike test drive.

Gerd

Must have been a long lay in, tops in central doesn't open until 11am.

Ted.

First "monsoon" experienced in Phuket (is this monsoon?) - what is it with all these bugs, please??? Eating out - tons of bugs, eating in - tons of bugs. Was here last year for 2 weeks in June, some rain and didn't see these bugs. Is this a May thing? I don't like 'em.

First "monsoon" experienced in Phuket (is this monsoon?) - what is it with all these bugs, please??? Eating out - tons of bugs, eating in - tons of bugs. Was here last year for 2 weeks in June, some rain and didn't see these bugs. Is this a May thing? I don't like 'em.

No bugs on me mate ....... :D

Have you tried showering.............. :o

are they the horrid winged ones that flap around the lights and drop their wings everywhere? they will only be there for a day or two. its a lunar thing i think. they come and go. the thais (in isaan i think) put a bucket of water below the light so that when they fall in they can be collected and fried up. mmmmm...yummy.

are they the horrid winged ones that flap around the lights and drop their wings everywhere? they will only be there for a day or two. its a lunar thing i think. they come and go. the thais (in isaan i think) put a bucket of water below the light so that when they fall in they can be collected and fried up. mmmmm...yummy.

There ya go, Thaigerd---something to keep you busy( and lower cholesterol than your cream sauces)! :o

There ya go, Thaigerd---something to keep you busy( and lower cholesterol than your cream sauces)! :o

I've cut alraedy my chocolates, cakes etc............

But I can't cook without butter, a good cream and and and...

Gerd

Yeh, they're the guys - they're HORRIBLE. Keep finding wings around my kitchen - yuck. Thanks for the explanation Donna and really hope they're gonna be gone in a couple of days.

Don't know about frying them up though. But like the sound of Gerd's burgers, potatoes and cauli - can we come over?

Yeh, they're the guys - they're HORRIBLE. Keep finding wings around my kitchen - yuck. Thanks for the explanation Donna and really hope they're gonna be gone in a couple of days.

Don't know about frying them up though. But like the sound of Gerd's burgers, potatoes and cauli - can we come over?

Just starting to fry the buggers.............will give you a call next time :o

Gerd

N.B.

"Tops" opens earlier than the rest of Central

N.B

nota bene

I didn't realise that my Latin was so funny.

:o

Here is one for ya...nothus... :D:D So what time does tops open and what entrance to use?

Just starting to fry the buggers.............will give you a call next time :o

Gerd

Finished:

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

Yeah after the rain sometimes the "mang mows" or termites can be quite heavy.  They tend to go everywhere, lose their wings then start eating.  Turn off all lights and close all doors/windows during this time.

Gerd

What rainy days??? move to Nai Harn, its not raining here

Arrrgh!

I remember chatting with some Cockney expat in one of the Rawai beach bars a few moths ago telling me how Rawai bEach an Nai Harn hardly see the rain. At the time , I thought it was just pub chatter and humooure dhim.

Is this really true? Or be it Island legend?

Actually considering a move to Nai Harn soon (found a decent 2BR house to rent)

Those termites really freaked me out first time I saw 'em. It was like the End of Days or something.

Nai Harn Rawai area sure seems to get less rain when it's the localized type.  Yesterday's rain must have been from that typhoon that hit Burma.  There have been many times when driving from the circle and heading into Rawai suddenly it's dry.

From my house I can look towards Chalong and Phuket Town and can see rain there, but have sun in Rawai.