Validity: Day Of Or Day Before

I am going to extend my Non-B, 3 month visa for 1 month at immigration. I entered on 13Feb and the stamp says valid until 12May.

Question: Can I go to immigration on 12May or do I have to go before 12May? Basically, am I overstay if I go on 12May?

Also, if I go for the extension earlier, will it be extended for 30 days from that day that I go or will they extend it from when the visa would normaly expire?

Thanks a million.

Any extension will be from the date your current stay expires, so you can go early with no issues.

BUT

I don't think you'll get anything more than 7 days on a 90 day stay, and that only with outgoing air tickets :o unless of course, you have a work permit application ongoing :D

Edited by Crossy

Any extension will be from the date your current stay expires, so you can go early with no issues.

BUT

I don't think you'll get anything more than 7 days on a 90 day stay, and that only with outgoing air tickets :o unless of course, you have a work permit application ongoing :D

You were right, they only offered me 7 days even though I have a work permit application going which I showed them.

So I will have to leave for Penang on Monday the 12th and that is the day the stamp in my passport says valid until, that means i'm not a one day overstay correct? Or do I have to leave on the 11th?

Also, if I decide to get a 2 month tourist visa instead of another Non-B, will that be a problem? The reason for my current Non-B is that I started my own partnership but I have a new employer that is going to get me a work permit so i'd rather they pay for a new one than me. Any problems with that?

Thanks again.

You can leave on the 12th - it is visa entry that must be made before the expiration date.

You can not obtain a work permit on a tourist visa - you can apply but must have non immigrant visa to get the permit/work. So it is OK as long as you understand you will have to leave again for a new visa after application is made.