Where Do You Live Right Now?

toptuan

Where Do You Live?  

674 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FOR MY 2,000th POST....(drum roll, please) :o

In the past we've had a lot of related polls about "where are you from?" and "where would you like to live in Thailand?", but I have yet to see a thread which gives us an idea of how spread around we are--particularly in Thailand. I'm guessing Bangkok will take the lion's share, but there might be some mild surprises elsewhere.

If you split your time between Thailand and some other location, please vote for the area where you spend the majority of your time.

I've tried to include all the provinces, and sorry if your province is grouped outside where you think it ought to be. I split Bangkok between "central" and "greater" to get an idea how many of you are hard-core downtowners, vs. the more suburban-type. I also listed "farang-heavy" locations separately like Greater Pattaya and Phuket for all you heavy farangs.

I've also tried to include a general world geographical grouping as well--my apologies ahead of time if I missed your location in Antarctica or Greenland. In case you don't know what category your non-Thailand location is (e.g. Australia), I used the Holt, Rinehart, Winston Atlas Guide at http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/world.htm. Check there, if necessary.

TT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Northeastern Thailand, but you missed out Sakon Nakhon, not a lot of us there though.

Darn it! Yes, Northeastern-North.

Actually...I had a special category for you, but ran out of space for choices:

Northeastern Thailand - North - Culinary Dog Meat Enthusiasts (Sakhon Nakhon) :o

Edited by toptuan

Not sure how Surat Thani, Chumphon and Nakhon Si Thammarat are in the southwest??? Perhaps Southern Gulf coast and Southern Andaman coast would have been a bit more accurate.

Not sure how Surat Thani, Chumphon and Nakhon Si Thammarat are in the southwest??? Perhaps Southern Gulf coast and Southern Andaman coast would have been a bit more accurate.

they're southwest of The Holy Land (Bangkok). I know, arbitrary.

I'm in central Thailand, Lopburi, and apart from the monkeys, I like it here. It has only been 5 days, but first impressions count for a lot!!

Welcome to Thailand and ThaiVisa! :D

By the way, I notice that we only have 57,800 more members to vote and the picture will be complete! :o

Edited by toptuan

I'm in central Thailand, Lopburi, and apart from the monkeys, I like it here. It has only been 5 days, but first impressions count for a lot!!

I just moved to Lopburi a few months ago too.

I was previously in Phitsanulok.

Still don't quite see how almost all of the Middle East can be considered "Asia", or even "Asia Minor".

Meanwhile, when working I'm in AssCrackistan. When at home I'm in the Chon Buri area (or at the bottom of a bottle of JD !). Can allllmmmmoooossssstttt see my apartment using MapJack (with Google Earth all I can see is the roof).

I voted Northeastern Thailand, but you missed out Sakon Nakhon, not a lot of us there though.

A girlfriend of mine insists that the people of Sakon Nakhon eat dogs.

Do they? Or is it just a version of a Polack or Kerryman or Oke etc joke/insult?

What area do the residents of Sakon Nakhon make jokes about?

Edited by abcd22

Bangkok - but I wouldn't say Central really.

I actually consider myself to be in the suburbs, but it's still Bangkok, not Nonthaburi or Samut Prakan, so I'm stuck with having to pick Bangkok - Central.

I used the Holt, Rinehart, Winston Atlas Guide at http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/world.htm. Check there, if necessary.

TT

That's a very dated website, using statistics from 2000 and 2001 for population and GDP income....They say GDP $ 6,700 (2000 est. ) for Thailand

Better use Cia world fact book: GDP $ 8,000 (2007 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

LaoPo

Do they?

Not the whole province nor the provincial capital city.

However, there is a village (sory, can't remember the name) in the province where dogs are scarce (except on the menu). The one village gives the whole province its reputation.

I used the Holt, Rinehart, Winston Atlas Guide at http://go.hrw.com/atlas/norm_htm/world.htm. Check there, if necessary.

TT

That's a very dated website, using statistics from 2000 and 2001 for population and GDP income....They say GDP $ 6,700 (2000 est. ) for Thailand

Better use Cia world fact book: GDP $ 8,000 (2007 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

LaoPo

This poll doesn't care about your income nor how many people live in your country. Only location.

Had to pick a 3rd party which placed 200+ countries into some kind of logical grouping, not based on income nor population--just based on longitude & latitude. Correct me, but I don't think any country has changed its location since 2001.

Simple as that. :o

Do they?

Not the whole province nor the provincial capital city.

However, there is a village (sory, can't remember the name) in the province where dogs are scarce (except on the menu). The one village gives the whole province its reputation.

hey...where I live in southern Suphanburi is so rural that the goats eat tin cans (just like in the comic books... :o )

Had to pick a 3rd party which placed 200+ countries into some kind of logical grouping, not based on income nor population--just based on longitude & latitude. Correct me, but I don't think any country has changed its location since 2001.

So clever ! :o

Maybe this would have been a better idea and not as dated as your atlas :D

http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm

LaoPo