King Power?

Pies

So that when we do come to LOS, we remember to visit. On second thoughts, It is the only duty free at Don Muang - not difficult to remember to shop there really is it. I prefer the Singah Adverts at the footie - means I think I could be in Thailand and not in wet and cold England! (I wish they served it in the ground as well as advertise it!)

What it really is for is the beam back to LOS and something that the Thai's can relate to. Like Everton and Beer Chang! (I'm not a blue)

So are the King Power prices on anything actually attractive? The one time I did some comparison shopping (on video cameras), prices at Isetan were actually cheaper (even before the 7% VAT refund).

I priced up a Sony Walkman cd player and a Sony Video camera at King Power.

I'd already bought them from Carrefour where the camera was 1,000+baht cheaper and the Walkman was cheaper by a few hundred or so baht.

what's a "footy"

i've seen king power ads for a store in bangkok around sukvt area

is it priced as the stores in bkk?

does it exist?

prices vary in duty free with the market.

fuji film is cheaper at Topps pattaya klang than narita, so's the electronics.

caveat emptor

xtg

Are the Thai adverts really on the grounds, or are they electronically superimposed over whatever is really on the grounds and seen only in specific markets on television?

I think that the duty free shops are required to pay a percentage of the gross receipts to the Customs Department, in spite of the "duty free" designation.

Are the Thai adverts really on the grounds, or are they electronically superimposed over whatever is really on the grounds and seen only in specific markets on television?

I think that the duty free shops are required to pay a percentage of the gross receipts to the Customs Department, in spite of the "duty free" designation.

The adverts are actually at the grounds, not superimposed.

JFYI... :o

A 3 bottle pack of Johny W. Black (ltr) in one of those smart free leather brief cases at K.P-D.M works out about 20 quid cheaper than Heathrow.(bt2800/Bt 4500)Normal UK price for 1 bot in smoke @ 28 notes.(OK Doc P) :D

does it exist?

If it's the one l've been to, it's on the top floor of Central World Plaza (aka WTC). It's quite large with a lot of products you don't see in too many places e.g. top, top shelf liquor, perfume etc. Everytime l've been there it's been deserted though l wouldn't be surprised if Japanese tour groups were the target customers.

does it exist?

l wouldn't be surprised if Japanese tour groups were the target customers.[/color]

Yes, I used to take Asian visitors there.

Must show your ticket and p/port, I believe. Order and pay, pick your stuff up inside the Don Muang departure hall before goinng to the boarding gate.

I'd already bought them from Carrefour where the camera was 1,000+baht cheaper and the Walkman was cheaper by a few hundred or so baht.

I have had the same experience.

Bought a Sony digital camera from the Sony shop here in Thailand,

then priced it up at the airport.

DUTY FREE 1500 baht more expensive.........