Jp Beer Bar & Lucifers

davethailand

I heard some people talking about a big fight last night (sat) at lucifers.There was a lot of police around at 2am,and everywhere was quiet till they left,also saw an ambulance going down walking street.

Large group of Swiss youngsters play-acting around,I think it was then that were the trouble in lucifers.

I wondered why jp bar was closed,everything ok at lucky star,left there about 5am.

JP beer bar was closed for 30 days as from midnight last night, and Lucifers was raided,

are things beginning to change?

No, they do not.

Or they will not.

You've been long enough here to know it, Dave.

Not fair but still, we are in Thailand...

they took liberties for too long, they were warned many times already.

Shame because i like the owners there, Lets hope it won't affect their pockets too much so as they'd need to sell it.

A bigger blues club? hmm :o

seems there was a bit of trouble at lucifers last nite

http://www.forum.yahoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=325

I was in there for a short time last night, and I was pushed and shoved as I went through that narrow passage. "what a fire trap ", I thought - and now I read this here! I'm glad I wasn't there when the raid happened - and I'd hate to think of the casualties if a fire or bomb or something happened.

It's a death trap waiting to go off. I wonder why the "authorities" don't close it down immediately so the owners can fix the obvious problem.

It's a death trap waiting to go off. I wonder why the "authorities" don't close it down immediately so the owners can fix the obvious problem.

You must be new to Thailand?

Didn't you see the report about the firework factory that blew up 2 weeks ago.

The local Governor was asking his people to check if the factory had a permit.

This is the way it normally works

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.............

Correct me if I'm wrong,but are not the owners of lucifers falang?

One thing is they should know better than to spend 80 million baht and not provide fire escapes.I can't belive its there first club.

They should alsp realise,that they would be looking at a long time in the slammer if they are proved to be negilent if there was a fire and lives were lost..

:o What's involved in a "raid"? Piss test and document id check?? What drugs do these piss tests check for? Regards, Cherryboy.

Yabba, Charlie you name it.

Look out for 1am closing, it was warned last night that they would come and shut down.

for everyone whos pissed at the fact that soi lucky star is dead now you can thank jp bar for it, :D

I am guessing that since no one turned up possitive they were not testing for weed- is that true? I would never use an illegal drug while in Thailand, but I will be flying from Holland where it is ok. I smoke medicinal marijuanna for a chronic health problem, and am worried about being tested somewhere, and failing because of something I smoke a week or two earlier...

Any info from someone who knows the answer would be apreciated...

-OldGuy

I don't smoke ganja,but in western Europe its almost legal in most countries,even the uk has declassified it,and legal in some,so it is a problem if someone is a smoker and comes to Thailand for a holiday,and gets caught in a raid,as some test can still show use after 30 days.

If you have smoke marijuana in the last few months then you are well advised to stay away from Thailand. The authorities are conducting random drug tests on tourists and there is a new war on drugs. Dont go into a war zone if you are a potential target. For that matter, war zones do not make for fun holidays. Also, carry your passport at all times while in Thailand, copies don't always work.

Lets sum up shall we, if you are doing any drugs that are illegal in Thailand and they could be in your blood on arrival, DONT COME. If you come, carry your passport at all times. Check the ID's of anyone you want to take home and insure they are of legal age. Obey the laws and behave as a guest with no rights because in actuality you are a guest with no rights.

Having said all that, this is still one of the best holiday destinations in the world.

bartender100, I understand what you're saying and I'm not arguing that the situation is different in Europe, however, that doesn't change the fact that if you're a farang and caught with even minimal amounts of dope in your system you face jail and deportation.

I agree with xbusman, if you're just out for a party holiday go somewhere else. The world is full of places with the same attractions as Thailand but presently a much more welcoming climate. Cambodia and Brazil just to mention two.

The question remains however... Do these random drug tests test for Ganja? It is hard to believe they do if everyone in Lucifers was clean, just law of averages. Still I am curious. I agree no one should even think of doing anything illegal in thailand.

But if someone knows the answer to my question I would still like to know.

-OldGuy

The question remains however... Do these random drug tests test for Ganja?  It is hard to believe they do if everyone in Lucifers was clean, just law of averages.  Still I am curious.  I agree no one should even think of doing anything illegal in thailand.

But if someone knows the answer to my question I would still like to know.

-OldGuy

They dont usually monitor who pisses in whos pot, so its not difficult to get round :o

Still, its far from recommended to take drugz here though.

I was middle of Cm2 raid last march and when i went to the toilet to piss in botle there were two cops watching that "operation urinate" is done properly. They let 2 or 3 people at the time in to the toilets. But it's easy to change the bottle with your friend outside the toilets. I would not change my piss to someone others, becourse i consider these tests to be seriously unreliable. Many non prescription drugs can make you have false positive test result becourse these drugs contain amphetamin derivatives, test can even come out positive for marijuana as the result of ingesting ibuprofin, found in Advil and Motrin. I dont know how small amounts of amphetamin derivatives can make these "thai style" tests positive, but the possibility to be taken to monkey house until further more detailed tests (i hope they do these in case of positive result) are done and analysed is real.

Drug Tests: Junk Science?

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/article...C57D9F29BD18CC8

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/false-positive-news.htm

Here is the artical in this weeks pattayamail,about the raid on lucifers.It was still open wednesday when I was last on the street.

Devilish partiers bust through police blockade at Lucifer Disco

Officer injured when all ###### breaks out

Boonlua Chatree

50 police officers raided the Lucifer Disco on South Pattaya’s Walking Street on October 17. They alleged that surveillance indicated the venue was a den of iniquity and a haven for drug users and underage drinkers.

Customers fought back at police during a raid of Lucifer Disco on Walking Street.

Crime suppression officers and their team stormed the venue at 1:30 a.m. to search for drugs and conduct urine tests. The police locked the entrance before ordering the music stopped, the lights turned on and announced that all customers stay quiet and prepare their ID cards for inspection.

But this displeased the over 500 Thai and foreign customers. Some shouted, threw glasses on the floor, and one police officer was injured. Chaos broke out and many customers escaped without being checked.

Disco employees shut off the air-conditioning and as it proceeded to get hotter, and after 20 minutes of ID card inspections, unruly customers began busting their way out the only door. Out-numbered, the police couldn’t block the fleeing patrons. This put a quick end to their drug checks.

Customers broke through the door, and one foreigner who recently had an operation performed on his left leg fell down and was trampled. Police brought him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for treatment.

After the dust settled, police inspected the premises, which is decorated like an exotic cave.

Police alleged that employees had allowed about 1,000 customers to enter the establishment, that the venue had also used incorrect construction materials for the building, had no fire exit, and no provision for acoustics to protect patrons’ hearing.

Police made a report to the Chonburi provincial governor and the disco may face closure if it is found to have breached construction regulations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd9