Pattaya Nua Baht Buses

edwardandtubs

Are there any baht buses that go along Pattaya Nua? I've tried waiting for one going from the Sukhumvit end to Fascino pharmacy but all of them were empty and none stopped. I've also tried waiting at Tesco to get back to Sukhumvit but all of them are looking for charters and none are the 10 baht variety. It seems odd that there are baht buses running along Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Tai but none along Pattaya Nua. What gives?

Edited by edwardandtubs

Thanks. Last time I walked to Fascino and back and didn't see any baht buses with passengers on. I managed to flag down an empty one once to Fascino for 10 baht but usually the empty ones drive straight past. On the way back I jumped into an empty baht bus that was just leaving but the driver stopped at a noodle shop half way there and didn't ask for any money.

In the 5 years I've lived in Pattaya the number of 10 baht, baht buses that are actually actively picking up passengers on N., Central, and S Pattaya has diminished as the number of tourists, couples and families has increased in the "golden circus" of Beach Rd./Second Rd.

As I don't use moto taxis I walk a great deal of the time as I figure by the time the BB arrives I can walk half way to my destination. And yes, I'd think that N. Pattaya Rd. probably has least frequent service of the 3 east/west roads.

-redwood

You've been very lucky I reckon.

I always thought that the BB mafia doesn't allow regular BB operations along North Road in order to create a monopoly for their operations out of the bus station.

I mean you wouldn't use their 20 baht take it or leave it service if you could cross the road and get a 5 baht BB would you?

On the occasions I've caught the bus to Bangkok, I've always been able to jump on a waiting baht bus near the Dolphin Roundabout, which has usually filled up within 10 minutes and taken me to the bus station for 10 baht. Maybe I've been lucky?

I have done likewise on many occasions. Before noon there are always at least one baht bus waiting to pick up passengers for the regular 10 baht fare. I have no idea if that is also the case leter in the day.

Sophon