Bkk Golf Club Memberships

tavaughn

My wife and I are retiring to Thailand and will be living in BKK the first year. We are avid golfers and would be interested in any recommendations regarding available golf club yearly memebrships. Or would it be less expensive to pay as you go so as to play various courses? Any responses appreciated.

I also will be moving to Bangkok in July, however I will not be joining a golf club in the first year. I intend to play various courses until I know which part of Bangkok I will eventually settle down in. If you only intend living in Bangkok or one year my advise would be to pay and play as you go . . . . . .

I also will be moving to Bangkok in July, however I will not be joining a golf club in the first year. I intend to play various courses until I know which part of Bangkok I will eventually settle down in. If you only intend living in Bangkok or one year my advise would be to pay and play as you go . . . . . .

That applies to most things here. Don't join a ''club''. Pay and Play.

My wife and I are retiring to Thailand and will be living in BKK the first year. We are avid golfers and would be interested in any recommendations regarding available golf club yearly memebrships. Or would it be less expensive to pay as you go so as to play various courses? Any responses appreciated.

Yes its good advice not to buy a lifetime membership if you are not sure where you will finally be living. However if you intend to play a lot you will find it quite expensive.

One option would be to 'hire' a years membership to a golf club. Basically you buy a year off a member, its not that hard to do. When you get here pm me and I can suggest a few places to play and how to go about getting a years membership. A friend of mine has done this both at Muang Ake and Bangkok GC. I could probably find out how much he paid if necessary.

Yes its good advice not to buy a lifetime membership if you are not sure where you will finally be living. However if you intend to play a lot you will find it quite expensive.

One option would be to 'hire' a years membership to a golf club. Basically you buy a year off a member, its not that hard to do. When you get here pm me and I can suggest a few places to play and how to go about getting a years membership. A friend of mine has done this both at Muang Ake and Bangkok GC. I could probably find out how much he paid if necessary.

John, thanks for the reply. We never intended to buy a lifetime membership, but was thinking in terms of a one year club membership. Not sure how that works in Thailand. If we find a course that we really enjoy I wouldn't mind saving some $$ versus traveling all around to different courses. Also would be nice to have a locker to keep clubs, etc. instead of carting them around everywhere. Again, would appreciate any input you might come up with. Feel free to e-mail me back at [email protected] Thanks again for your response.

Bangkok is a huge place, so where you live will impact what club you might join. You will need a car anyway to get to any golf course.

Bangkok Golf Club is very popular with the expat crowd and has a yearly membership at 40k that gives you free green fees. You then only have to pay for caddie (plus tip) and cart if you don’t walk. So at 1,600 for week day green fees, playing a 3 times a month more then pays for the membership.

TH