Sukhumvit Pattaya - Highway 7 Link Road.

Cuban

In a similar vein to the Pattaya Bypass thread any speculation out there that anyone cares to offer about the effects on local traffic when the Highway 7 link road is completed (date?).

I assume that the connecting road will be two way, although are the current support pillars large enough for two lanes? (If traffic on the elevated section will be North bound only?) Or even two lanes in each direction? (I doubt it.)

Will there be a route from the Highway 7 link road going toward Pattaya Nua? I would have thought that is a popular road for the tourist taxi traffic.

The junction with Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klang is going to be busy. I would have thought a traffic signal controlled U turn would be a good idea?

Is there a planning map availible somewhere online?

First, Cuban, I would speculate (if not assume!) that anything that "would be a good idea" is most unlikely to be the way it will be done here. :o

Were I building the Highway 7 link, I would ensure that there was NO exit into the heart of the heaviest traffic areas, between Pattaya Nua, and Thepprasit Road. I'd have exits for all traffic, both northbound and southbound, well to the south of Thepprasit Road, and well to the north of Pattaya Nua. In this way, the impact upon the already congested Pattaya City area would be minimized. People wanting to get downtown could use the appropriate exit to put them outside the edge of town, heading into town. Those wishing to go somewhere north or south of downtown would miss all that traffic by taking the exit beyond town. There would be no huge gridlock downtown created by having all traffic dumped into the busiest area. The entrances, OTOH, should be from downtown, with an easily accessible on ramp from a left turn off of Pattaya Tai, and another off of Pattaya Nua. Smooth and easy for all; and actually a relief for traffic on Pattaya Klang and Sukhumvit. :D

So, this will NOT be the way it is done! :D

Edited by patsfangr