That Third World Feeling When Arriving In Bkk

realmadrid25

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion would definitely be to go somewhere else. Really if you think this is 3rd world you really should get out more. Why not do some eastern European country, lower cost of living and without the heat you have such a big problem with. Actually, you seem to have a problem with allot of things, things beyond your control..Do you have a life? I mean I notice that when folks start getting upset about something as inane as how many dogs are on the street or by the fact that a poor person looks poor, that they must really not have much to do.

You need to buy a car if you are planning on living in Bangkok for long time. Then there will be no sweating, no bargaining with the cab driver, no BTS climbing, no dirt from the street and you still will be able to pick up a hot chick from the car.. :o

yep... any suggestions? i have been stuck in that 150-175k usd/year range forever now.

Poor bugger, I can feel your pain !

Right now I am unemployed in the UK and living on £3 ($6) PER DAY ! and that is in a western country. Granted it won't be for long, but still.

It's pretty real when you have to 'live' like this.

Wake up & stop whining :o

I think it's a matter of excess. I think Singapore is excessively clean and officious but I think Bangkok is excessively dirty and corrupt. I would like a happy medium but I don't think you can have the nightlife, cheap food and cheap rent as well as clean streets and honest cops. As Andrew mentioned it's the juxtaposition that troubles me most, the legless beggars lying in front of Siam Paragon makes one wonder where the priorities are. There is certainly poverty in every town I've ever been but the amount of either truly bankrupt or working poor in Bangkok who seem to be the majority vs the elite creates stark contrasts.

ops 250k a year dont get as many hot girls in usa as in thailand!

i notice the ones that swaet walking up bts stairs are oink oink , usually obese, buy a treadmill and use it!

Edited by ralph444

How clueless. He thinks $150-175k is an impressive salary. Get a decent professional degree and try a little for a while, and it's less than average in any so-called developed country. Not magic, a wonder or anything special.

And to be clear, nothing wrong with not doing that. Only with being so clueless about it one can't even troll on the topic in a believable fashion. Ok to walk your own path. But have a clue about others' paths.

yep... any suggestions? i have been stuck in that 150-175k usd/year range forever now.

did i mention that my grandmother climbed the Nanga Parbat in 1936 without oxygen mask? :o

no you didn,t. what was her age at the time,???

Try moving to the suburbs of Bangkok you might feel a little bit fresher. And there are so many things Same as Korea around here Ladprao rachida and bangkapi. Its reminds me of my house in Seoul and dae jong.. You will not have the complains as you feel in the centre

Don't use an aircon and sweet it out. I never use one and now I feel cold just opening the window.

And I wear long sleeves jeans with boots sometimes a nice suit and I feel just fine.

I did think like you not so long ago. Thinking of trying to relocate back Seoul or even trying something new like Singapore, but then I reminded my self when I worked in Japan for 6 months and lived Seoul more then 7 years. Nice plaice to visit and enjoy with friends but a crappy plaice to stay more then a few months as its gets more Hot then here and winters are brutal.

Then I think if my business picks up I would just stay here so I have money to pass on and tell my mom and dad to stop working and travel the world.

I'm only just 26 but I finally think like that.

Jobs in Korea pay well if you are qualified with normally a free house involved. For a year.

Not just teaching English. I worked for a media company for 2 years. But I have Korean papers

But normally they supply a visa as well.

i have been to these suburbs and the traffic was soo heavy. i go to the mall bangkapi every now and then and the traffic is always ridiculous. i do like that area though because there are more people walking around and less farang and tons of pretty girls.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

My ex- brother in-law lived in Bangna for a while. I'll tell you I would walk to the big farmers market in the morning and I was the ONLY farang around.

Same thing in Samut Sakon, Kratumban or Maha Chai.

Only saw a white guy there one time when I was doing some bank business.

I walked up to him and asked him if he wanted to go get a beer and some lunch.

Unfortunately he was "some kind of a druggie" so I steered clear.

And yes crazy stationary traffic and lots of gorgeous girls... :o

did i mention that my grandmother climbed the Nanga Parbat in 1936 without oxygen mask? :o

Was that with Brad Piit? :D

Edited by cophen

Just made it through page one of this thread, wasn't this the same guy who said he played pro soccer for RM, and posted a link to a pic of himself (supposedly) which showed a caucasian blonde guy. But when he asked a new poster if she had a boyfriend the other day, he said he was asian american. OK whatever, my memory isn't so good and I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, the OP sounds like a nice guy but I am just throwing that out there. No offense intended.

no you didn,t. what was her age at the time,???

it's not appropriate to mention the age of a lady when she's older than 29 :D

But on this thread you like the outskirts -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=171267&hl=

According to the Troll Handbook, one is allowed to change preferences, names, situations, and statements after a 30-day period and that other thread falls outside the required pausing time.

Just made it through page one of this thread, wasn't this the same guy who said he played pro soccer for RM, and posted a link to a pic of himself (supposedly) which showed a caucasian blonde guy. But when he asked a new poster if she had a boyfriend the other day, he said he was asian american.

Once again, both of those 2 threads fall outside the required 30-day period, so he's good to go... :o

realmadrid25

By following the handbook guidelines, one can have a lengthy and productive life-span.

Edited by sriracha john

According to the Troll Handbook, one is allowed to change preferences, names, situations, and statements after a 30-day period and that other thread falls outside the required pausing time.

By following the handbook guidelines, one can have a lengthy and productive life-span.

So, according to this, it is possible that in 30 days we could see sriracha john suddenly endorsing the Elite Card scam Scheme ? :D

Or worse, suddenly endorsing the "longer skirts, looser blouses" rules at the uni (and of course, endorsing more "conservative" clothing during Songkran) ??? :o

For such things to happen, it would surely be a sign of the impending Apocalypse ! P.gif

(smiley stolen from Jai Dee. For this and other smileys you might want to swipe, visit Jai Dee's photobucket page)

So, according to this, it is possible that in 30 days we could see sriracha john suddenly endorsing the Elite Card scam Scheme ? :D

Or worse, suddenly endorsing the "longer skirts, looser blouses" rules at the uni (and of course, endorsing more "conservative" clothing during Songkran) ??? :o

IF I had been inconsistent over the past 4 years, perhaps you might. :D

I think getting called out twice in the same thread by two different posters for inconsistences involving 4 different threads does not bode well for the OP's future. :D

realmadrid, my old pal.

here's some friendly advice.

if you want to be taken seriously here, you really need to keep a track of your lies in the past.

the whole Walter Mitty thing isnt a good look...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stop calling people liars it's against the rules. You got away with it again on the "Is Life Cheap" in Thailand thead.

So if you can't post without personally insulting members.

Just shut up... :o

Poor bugger, I can feel your pain !

Right now I am unemployed in the UK and living on £3 ($6) PER DAY ! and that is in a western country. Granted it won't be for long, but still.

It's pretty real when you have to 'live' like this.

Wake up & stop whining :o

Right now, living in Thailand and unemployed you'ld be living on ZILCH!....... unless you had a pretty daughter/sister/mother

realmadrid, my old pal.

if you want to be taken seriously here, you really need to keep a track of your lies in the past.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stop calling people liars it's against the rules. You got away with it again on the "Is Life Cheap" in Thailand thead. So if you can't post without personally insulting members. Just shut up... :o

where does it say so? if a liar is called a liar then a fact is stated. it's not an insult.

DARN...I only make $133K USD per year......I feel poor :o Dude, your problem is that you are not happy with yourself.  I am grateful for all that I have in life.  Go to a temple and meditate for a day or so

realmadrid, my old pal.

$$$$$$$

Stop calling people liars it's against the rules. You got away with it again on the "Is Life Cheap" in Thailand thead. So if you can't post without personally insulting members. Just shut up... :o

where does it say so? if a liar is called a liar then a fact is stated. it's not an insult.

$$$$$$$$$

Nice... :D