List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, xylophone said:

I have spent some time looking through this thread and cannot find any mention of perhaps my favourite restaurant at the moment in Patong, which is "Higher".

A concise and reasonably varied menu from steaks to seafood to sushi to Italian and Thai, along with a few other varieties thrown in. The wagyu beef tenderloin at 790 baht would have to be one of the best steaks I've ever tasted in my life. I ask for them cooked "medium" and it comes out just on the medium side of medium rare as I've always been used to in other countries......pink but not bloody.

There is a free "entree" of a few different sorts of bread (small wholemeal and olive buns, breadsticks, etc) just to stave off the hunger pangs whilst you wait for the main course.

The food is superb and the service is impeccable. Have been there quite a few times and will continue to do so at this rate.

Another restaurant I frequent in Soi Patong Resort is the Italian restaurant named "Salute" (used to be called Valerio and Alex) and I've always found the food to my liking and it is very inexpensive in my view.

where's the entrance to Higher? is it near the food court just before the tiger complex?

32 minutes ago, billythehat said:

where's the entrance to Higher? is it near the food court just before the tiger complex?

The entrance is directly on Bangla, at the Seduction night club. For the restaurant, there's a dedicated escalator that takes you from the street up to the roof-level of Seduction, where the restaurant is located.

If you happen to linger around the entrance for a moment, there's generally a staff member that will approach you with coupons (usually 20% off dinner and/or 2 for one drinks).

We've been going to Higher ever since it opened about 2 years ago. While the food has been consistently good each visit, the service has been uneven (but not enough to be off-putting). It's still one of our favorites.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GiantFan said:

Haven't seen the 20% off card, only the drink offer.  Will keep my eye out.

Maybe they only do the 20% offer when business is slow (low season).

Been a few months since we've been there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrDave said:

The entrance is directly on Bangla, at the Seduction night club. For the restaurant, there's a dedicated escalator that takes you from the street up to the roof-level of Seduction, where the restaurant is located.

If you happen to linger around the entrance for a moment, there's generally a staff member that will approach you with coupons (usually 20% off dinner and/or 2 for one drinks).

We've been going to Higher ever since it opened about 2 years ago. While the food has been consistently good each visit, the service has been uneven (but not enough to be off-putting). It's still one of our favorites.

Cheer's guv, I'll check that one out.

12 hours ago, beechbum said:

Bit like the Benny Hills  Chinnese character...you dont unerstan!!

Ah so.............

Customer in a Chinese restaurant calls the waiter over to his table and angrily states....."waiter, this chicken is rubbery!"

Waiter, "Ah so, fank you velly muc"

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Ah so.............

Customer in a Chinese restaurant calls the waiter over to his table and angrily states....."waiter, this chicken is rubbery!"

Waiter, "Ah so, fank you velly muc"

Uh-oh, food jokes, here we go this one is a true story though !

Somewhere around 98 or 99 I'm eating at a Thai seafood place in Kata where they have the fish boat out front, restaurant is now a minimart (what a surprise aye?), have a chat with Thai owner he had studied in Chicago, blah,blah,blah (wasn't armed as far as I could tell).

Fish dish comes along, owner sort of hovering about so I tell a fish joke " You know why fish are skinny? Because they eat fish!"

Owner "fish not skin-neee, lots of meat, let me help", he then completely skins and de-bones it for me, clearly misunderstood the joke, but all ends well anyway (insert thumbs up emoticon here).

On 2016-12-20 at 7:47 PM, beechbum said:

Anyone been to the new Chinnese rest thats opened in Central, heard it advertised on the radio?

the one that opened a few months ago? Don't go, its a scam for Chinese tourists

Insane Prices

Low quality

Very limited menu

Just had a nice  breaky at Momma Dao's formally the FreeBird here in Rawai..

140 baht English Breakfast was very nice my mate had the homemade  steak pie with Gravy mashed and veggies 220 baht he loved it.....

Staff and service was top knotch Worth a try when your in Rawai

On 1/1/2017 at 1:35 PM, glassdude007 said:

140 baht English Breakfast was very nice my mate had the homemade  steak pie with Gravy mashed and veggies 220 baht he loved it.....

On 1/1/2017 at 1:35 PM, glassdude007 said:

I Stand corrected the pies at Momma Daos are 120 baht 80 baht extra for mashed & gravy or veggies or chips....Trying the fish and chips at the moment.....yummy

Just had an awesome Bacon CheeseBurger @ GreenTamarin in Rawai Burger was cooked perfect Medium Rare juice was running down my arm. Love it.. 380 baht baht with a tiger beer and small fry......

Nice staff easy on the eyes...

The place was busy but not full...

Was surprised to see the  cook Turning Away TAKE  AWAY  customers waiting on the road he was in the Weeds for sure...

Never turn away Customers not a good practice ..

Goood way to to piss of the customers IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Great restaurant near Central: “VT”.

Located in a grand, big, old house. When you drive in, it looks like it will be very expensive. Not at all; normal prices: 80 baht for fried mixed vegetables. Chicken green curry and chicken with cashew nuts is 120 or 130 baht. Food is excellent and big portions. Service is surprisingly good.

The dining room is a huge old room with a nice atmosphere. Sort of posh, but not at all. I can’t really explain.

I’m not sure of the opening hours, but we’ve had lunch and dinner there.

For anyone who’s interested:

Driving from Sam Kong Tesco intersection to Central. Turn left at the lights at Central (after HomeWorks.) At 700 metres there’s a Y junction. Take the right leg and drive for 300 metres. See big yellow sign with the name “VT” and turn right into the driveway. Plenty of parking.

The restaurant looks like it’s been there forever, but apparently it’s been open for only 18 months.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7 January 2017 at 1:08 PM, glassdude007 said:

Just had an awesome Bacon CheeseBurger @ GreenTamarin in Rawai Burger was cooked perfect Medium Rare juice was running down my arm. Love it.. 380 baht baht with a tiger beer and small fry......

Nice staff easy on the eyes...

The place was busy but not full...

Was surprised to see the  cook Turning Away TAKE  AWAY  customers waiting on the road he was in the Weeds for sure...

Never turn away Customers not a good practice ..

Goood way to to piss of the customers IMHO

it's definitely worth it when you need that burger hit!  Really like the place but as i'm only visiting i try and get as much Thai food as possible.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Hogfather on the Palai road is fantastic. Not cheap but, great quality. Open 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293920-d10625074-Reviews-Hogfather_Palai-Phuket.html

Some coworkers bought a kilo or so of their pork. It was excellent. How is the ambiance? Service?