List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

16 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I agree, used to be a regular. Was always a longish drive for us but with the roundabout mess that even clutter all my sneaky short cuts  - just stopped going.   

Me too, for many years.

Stopped going when I started making my own "Full English".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stumbled into Soi Patong Resort before. Saw the Salute sign and remembered a good review from xylophone here. Thanks?.

Thumbs up for food and service.

Pizza, pasta and salat were super fresh and of very good quality and taste. Will return sure.

There's a new pizza/Italian place on Rawai beach, just west of Nikita. 

It's called Roma and almost all the main dishes are 100THB.

It's worth a look if you're hungry. The 100-Baht pizza is surprisingly good. 

Tried Roma yesterday:  not bad but not unforgettable.

Good pizza (a bit small, not enough alone for a dinner), average parmigiana eggplants (very small plate, good taste but too much salted).

100 baht for each plate (also if ++) is an astonishing price.

For the pizza everyone has his taste, but in this area for me (italian) the best Pizza Restaurant remains M&M, with good pizza, good pasta, pleasant ambience, warm welcoming ad efficient service; while the best Pizza (but nothing  else) is that one made at Amici's in Chalong.

On 11/19/2017 at 7:11 PM, Tapster said:

There's a new pizza/Italian place on Rawai beach, just west of Nikita. 

It's called Roma and almost all the main dishes are 100THB.

It's worth a look if you're hungry. The 100-Baht pizza is surprisingly good. 

Is this the place that has the Capannina sign diaganolly across from Freedom bar?

No. 

From Nikita, head west for approx 100m and it's on the right (obviously, cos you get wet if you turn left!). 

The entrance is set back from the road a little, up some steps. It looks a bit like a greenhouse....lots of glass on the front. 

Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

For Pizza ....and Authentic...

M and M’s in Rawai.......

lovely ....

Agreed, but, you pay the M&M price.

Sometimes you get hungry whilst bar hopping and fancy a pizza. A cheap one from Roma (100 Bt), or at the Asia Bar (99 Bt) does the trick in a lot less time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They say don't always believe the hype but i decided to try the Bistro on nanai road; very disappointing i have to say too. Charming staff and attentive service but the fayre was some what wanting with my starter promising to be served on baguette slices  but turned upon that awful thai soggy white bread that i detest, with an indiscernible crustacia drowned in mayo. The main schnitzel had so much bread crumb the fillet was lost entirely and not helped with the warm oversalted spuds. The milk shake promised much but half the glass was ice. Still looking for that good eats...:sad:

5 hours ago, billythehat said:

They say don't always believe the hype but i decided to try the Bistro on nanai road; very disappointing i have to say too. Charming staff and attentive service but the fayre was some what wanting with my starter promising to be served on baguette slices  but turned upon that awful thai soggy white bread that i detest, with an indiscernible crustacia drowned in mayo. The main schnitzel had so much bread crumb the fillet was lost entirely and not helped with the warm oversalted spuds. The milk shake promised much but half the glass was ice. Still looking for that good eats...:sad:

Must have driven past it in my travels down Nanai, bth, but can't place it??? Where is it?

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

Must have driven past it in my travels down Nanai, bth, but can't place it??? Where is it?

14 hours ago, billythehat said:

Did bth mean the Backside Bistro????

• 2 weeks later...

I want to give a shout-out to new diner called Happy Days on Khokanod Road off Patak Road in Kata, Just past the newly rebuilt 7-11. I've always hoped for a western diner withing a few minutes drive off my Kata home. Noticed it a few months ago but as it looked rather garish I assume it was a Thai run copy. Gave it a shot tonight, turns out  it Swedish managed with Swedish cook. Extensive menu, I though a bit pricey, like 240 baht for a basic burger. Service was very slow, 30 minute wait, although the 60s muted music  was nice for me to listen to. The wait was worth it as clearly the food was freshly cooked, well garnished. I complimented the Chef and I will be back.   

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of my favourites. Thai smile , Soi Eden , next to ibis hotel. its only small, very clean and good Thai food also Quenchers on nanai road opposite makro,  huge menu and large quality portions of Thai and western food at good prices, This place is good for watching live sports aswell

12472781_10154071944994660_819488146265492856_n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wine Connection in Central has some new dishes. Tried today  the Tuna Tataki salad. Amazing taste with a great sauce. Sweet, sour and spicy. For only 260 baht a real burner.

Duck and Pizza good taste like always.

• 4 weeks later...

On Friday I had to go to Immigration after 1 p.m. to collect my passport with it's new Retirement Extension.   M'Sahib came with me so there was an excuse to go for lunch beforehand.   One of our favourite restaurants is "Je'Taime", near the old bus station in Phuket Town.  We've been going there for many years, and it never fails with the quality and consistency of the Vietnamese/Thai food.   It very much has a bistro feel to the place, with the tables well spaced and pleasant decoration.   I think we had 6 dishes between us along with a couple of drinks, with the check coming in at around 750 baht, which is great value.

P26EN4s.thumb.jpg.6b5fcf973bd83f71160217a3c286481b.jpg

• 1 month later...

No restaurant posts in months! 

Was just at Modena Pizza on Saiyuan Road last night and had a wonderful meal. I know there are several good pizza places in Rawai, and I frequent all of them, but Modena's is still my favorite!

photo of the chef, Franco, serving up his Pizza Bologna at our table

IMG_1553.jpg

Well one that can be taken off the list is "Higher" which was above the Seduction nightclub/disco. This because of the fire there, and the club opened again but not the restaurant.

Ronnie was the chef ( Filipino/NZer) and the food was great, and I heard he was working in a restaurant near/in Laguna so meant to visit it, but was recently told that he has died!!!! Such a shame, as he wasn't that old and was a nice guy as well as a great chef.

RIP Ronnie.

Greetings,,,, old school here, great shot of Franco at Modena. Super memories and yes good food there.

X report of Ronnie passing, horrible ! He was the main chef at a place I did business with way back when, KanEang @ Pier & good guy. Sorry to hear that report. He was a talent and the food quality in HKT just took a big hit. Cheers to all, CYA GOM

On 6/20/2018 at 6:24 AM, xylophone said:

Well one that can be taken off the list is "Higher" which was above the Seduction nightclub/disco. This because of the fire there, and the club opened again but not the restaurant.

Ronnie was the chef ( Filipino/NZer) and the food was great, and I heard he was working in a restaurant near/in Laguna so meant to visit it, but was recently told that he has died!!!! Such a shame, as he wasn't that old and was a nice guy as well as a great chef.

RIP Ronnie.

Sad news, xylophone. Higher was one of very few restaurants in Patong that did everything right. Great food, good service, wonderful views and ambience, all at reasonable prices. Never got to meet Ronnie, but the food that came out of his kitchen was always first rate.

4 hours ago, DrDave said:

Sad news, xylophone. Higher was one of very few restaurants in Patong that did everything right. Great food, good service, wonderful views and ambience, all at reasonable prices. Never got to meet Ronnie, but the food that came out of his kitchen was always first rate.

Yes DrDave, all very true and it turns out that when we were having a chat one time, he mentioned that he had worked in the Hyatt (Top of the Town restaurant) in Auckland for a while and I suggested that I could well have sampled his food then...…...a few chuckles. Nice guy, sad loss.

There is a fairly new restaurant on the Kalim road, just at the bottom of the Diamond Cliff Hotel, and it's called, Sea Salt.

The layout of the place is excellent and the sea views are superb, just the place to relax and enjoy a drink and some good food. There are outside tables and lounge areas as well as indoor and outdoor dining, so something to suit just about every occasion.

The menu is concise but varied and one can choose everything from snacks, through to burgers, pizzas and full on main course meals of things like ribs and steak, these interspersed with various Asian dishes.

The wine list is conservative and very reasonably priced, and although the food is top-notch, it is not as expensive (by comparison) as other restaurants in that area.

Certainly a place I shall visit again and one that I can highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

Visitied "we cafe" near The Base condo (close to Bangkok Hospital). Its the second branche in Phuket (the other one is closer to King Power), and they have tons of fresh salads and vegetables; all locally grown with modern techniques. You can even get your own salad made to order or pick one from the menu.

The food was excellent, although the menu went a bit everywhere (burgers, pizza, salads, steak, soups, some thai food, bread with meat, fresh squeezed juices). Almost all tasted great and prices are very acceptable. Most dishes stay below 225 baht.

Great for some relatively healthy food with tons of greens, while at the same time you can bring along almost any crowd (vegan, thai, meat lovers, etc).

We went twice in a week already and the wife will go again tonight with some friends from work.

Immediately a second post:

Japanese buffet at Kuma (you can park at Siri hotel 20 meters down the road).

This place is located near the district office close to Vachira hospital (the busy square near Phuket Merlin hotel).

I have no doubt the taste will not be authentic Japanese, but its tasty as hell. They have 2 menu's, one for 599 and one for 799. The more expensive one has some great additions to the cheaper one like delicious rolls topped with foie gras and some grilled beef slices. You can add unlimited japanese beer for 199 extra.

The first time there i went crazy over the menu and ordered too much. Now 2 months later we have visited there 5 times and will go again soon.

You best make a reservation for weekends while normal working days are less busy. I didnt make any pics but if you google the place you can see whats on the menu. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, Bob12345 said:

Visitied "we cafe" near The Base condo (close to Bangkok Hospital). Its the second branche in Phuket (the other one is closer to King Power), and they have tons of fresh salads and vegetables; all locally grown with modern techniques. You can even get your own salad made to order or pick one from the menu.

The food was excellent, although the menu went a bit everywhere (burgers, pizza, salads, steak, soups, some thai food, bread with meat, fresh squeezed juices). Almost all tasted great and prices are very acceptable. Most dishes stay below 225 baht.

Great for some relatively healthy food with tons of greens, while at the same time you can bring along almost any crowd (vegan, thai, meat lovers, etc).

We went twice in a week already and the wife will go again tonight with some friends from work.

I believe there's a 3rd WE Café opening at Rawai. South end of the beach road.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 12:42 PM, Old Croc said:

I believe there's a 3rd WE Café opening at Rawai. South end of the beach road.

After being away for some time, I was back in Rawai this weekend and tried the We Cafe there. It's great. The menu is indeed extensive and prices are reasonable. I had the Eggs Benedict - 180 baht. The eggs were cooked just right, had heaps of spinach, and the dish comes with coffee and juice. Fast service. Fast WiFi. Car parking spaces and wheelchair accessible. Nicely done. It's on the beach road near the OrBorTor / 3-way intersection.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently we stayed at the Dusit Thani Laguna hotel and they had an Italian buffet on Saturdays. While I have no problems with some pasta and sun-dried tomaties, the expectations were low as it was very reasonably priced at 999 baht (which would be lower as they now have a 30% discount for low season or something).

But we were blown away by the cheeses and cold-cuts section: absolutely fabulous. Some great fresh Italian bread to go with it and even the desserts were tasty.

Only thing: they made the complete buffet but we were the only customers there. The hotel had an occupancy of about 20% so I felt bad for the Italian chefs who had prepared this whole feast for the 2 of us (plus two kids, but they are tiny and barely eat).

So if you feel like great Italian cheeses, cold-cuts, and of course pasta and Italian dessert, I can highly recommend the Saturday evening buffet at the Dusit Thani Laguna.

We are going back with some friends for sure!

S_8543103078396.jpg

S_8543103165456.jpg

S_8543103124894.jpg

S_8543103224658.jpg

S_8543103266183.jpg

Archived