List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

I've eaten at the Farang restaurant regularly when it was located at the back of BigC and the food was excellent. It was always full. The portions were fine with me. I do go for quality over quantity though.

It's still there. Ate there a couple times recently and I concur with some of the others that say the portions are small, but the food is always good and decent prices. I didn't know the Nai Harn one is the same co.

------

Ever since Don's closed I have been looking for places to get good burgers. Superburger opposite Cheers bar in Nai harn is a good replacement. The Philly Cheese Steak is as good as any I had back home.

Sorry taught it was just in general about everywhere in Phuket.

Yeah Big Bill does a nice cheese steak sandwich for sure! But the burger I had at bangkok burger was really really good.

And to be honest I also had a good burger at Gallery cafe in Phuket town, didn't expect it all, but it was tasty for sure!

ok not sure if we have had this one ...but give Home Steak a try in Rawai soi Samakea 4 .. where Kombat cafe is turn up that soi 50m on rhs ... the owners are very nice people been around for ages in Rawai with other businesses ... the owners friend is the chef and spent 5 years at Two Chefs and then Buffalo steak house .. all i can say is excellent steak selection not expensive , well cooked , clean place , friendly staff good english and i will be back for sure ....give it a shot ... also has Thai food and selection of other non carnivore farang food ..

• 3 weeks later...

ok not sure if we have had this one ...but give Home Steak a try in Rawai soi Samakea 4 .. where Kombat cafe is turn up that soi 50m on rhs ... the owners are very nice people been around for ages in Rawai with other businesses ... the owners friend is the chef and spent 5 years at Two Chefs and then Buffalo steak house .. all i can say is excellent steak selection not expensive , well cooked , clean place , friendly staff good english and i will be back for sure ....give it a shot ... also has Thai food and selection of other non carnivore farang food ..

I noticed that place for the first time when I went jogging past there the other day. Wondered if it was any good. Will have to try.

For Indian food, I may have mentioned before, but Sabai Sabai half way along Taina Rd. in Kata, next to Calypso Divers has exquisite curries. Just be prepared to wait a little longer than you might want to if it is busy. They have a very small kitchen. Super friendly Nepalese/Thai owners. Reasonably priced. It's just up from Bluefin Tex Mex which I mentioned in an earlier post.

Also probably mentioned a bazillion times is Fatty's. Went there tonight again. Really great food. Massive servings. I recommend the goulash and the chicken cordon blue, It's unlike any I have had in Thailand. Real mash potatoes too. Wow. Next to Chalong Gym on Chao Fa East.

Finally tried the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" at Tiffany's on Vijit road nearly opposite Vijit resort. OJ and several all you can eat buffet items along with 2 eggs prepared as you like for 179B. Had a bacon and cheese omelet. Yum.

One more: Moo's on inside corner of the the 90* bend of Soi Saiyuan. Chef and some staff is from Don's Cafe. The ribs are as good as Don's were. Falling off the bone.

Edited by NomadJoe

I have gone to fatties maybe 5 times lifetime. Food was always ok(can add a few extra points because of plate size) but nothing really exceptional in terms of cooking.

I tried the cordon bleu last time i went there and it was quite horrible. Worse than a ham/cheese sandwich at 7/11.. much worse. Extremely dry chicken and there was stuff wrong with everything else including the cheesel. My girlfriend loves cordon bleu, even cheap ones, i made her try it and she hated it as well.

The chili con carne was not chili con carne but a large pot of tomato paste badly seasoned without much of anything else in it. That was the second time she ordered it in a 1 year spawn and the first time it was the same. We've had chili at hundred of places and no where was close to this.

The owners probably read thaivisa so i am hoping they fire some of their thai staff if its there fault and fix it because the other 4 times i went there it was pretty good value but now i am quite worried about going back. If they do not read here and you are friends with them please tell them to sample food randomly. I always recommended this restaurant to people and it saddens me that i cant anymore.

Yakuniku on bypass next to index:

Changed their menu. No more special menu. Simply 399baht for unlimited. They recently added sashimi that taste a lot better than those at fuji/sukishi in the unlimited menu. So you can order 2k baht worth of tuna/salmon sashimi for no extra charge. Meat still taste great. 2 new sauces.

I tried the cordon bleu last time i went there and it was quite horrible. Worse than a ham/cheese sandwich at 7/11.. much worse. Extremely dry chicken and there was stuff wrong with everything else including the cheese. My girlfriend loves cordon bleu, even cheap ones, i made her try it and she hated it as well.

That is the exact opposite of my experience.

No I am not friends with the owners/managers.

You don't seem to be happy with much these days so your report doesn't really surprise me.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Not much chance to fire the staff at Fattys. His wife runs the kitchen with hubby. He has been open to suggestions, so why not?

I sure hope they don't change a thing. I have never had a bad meal there. My only complaint (not really) is the portions are so big I can't eat it all. I often have to take the rest home with me!

The hours are difficult to remember. 12n-3pm then 6pm to 10pm. Closed Tuesdays

I was also there a couple of days ago, for my usual of Pork Cordon Bleu, pan fried potatoes and side salad. Excellent.

I did notice a sign, which from recollection said they were closing for their holidays from 19th July to the 14th August (don't quote me on those dates).

I tried the cordon bleu last time i went there and it was quite horrible. Worse than a ham/cheese sandwich at 7/11.. much worse. Extremely dry chicken and there was stuff wrong with everything else including the cheese. My girlfriend loves cordon bleu, even cheap ones, i made her try it and she hated it as well.

You don't seem to be happy with much these days so your report doesn't really surprise me.

Hey, 17 year old hostility, if you like Cordon Bleu try the one at Moos Tex Mex on the bend at Sai Yuan. Had it Friday night, super good, huge plate, picked up an extra kilo there for sure!

• Like 1

Hey, 17 year old hostility, if you like Cordon Bleu try the one at Moos Tex Mex on the bend at Sai Yuan. Had it Friday night, super good, huge plate, picked up an extra kilo there for sure!

Moo has the best ribs..I think I said that already. tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the new chinese restaurant near woodies?

Is there car parking there? I don't ride a motorbike.

Smart move mate, I mentioned how wise that was in another thread. Yes there is parking....I went there last night and its still sporting an 'opening soon' sign.

I was just down at Rimlay tonight next to Nakitas, the food at Rimlay smokes the Nakitas <deleted>....but the atmosphere in Nakitas is a lot better...I'll be doing my eating in Rimlay and drinking in Nakitas from now on

I was just down at Rimlay tonight next to Nakitas, the food at Rimlay smokes the Nakitas <deleted>....but the atmosphere in Nakitas is a lot better...I'll be doing my eating in Rimlay and drinking in Nakitas from now on

Also a lot cheaper in Rimlay, and it felt a lot healthier...less palm oil and more salads and stuff....really nice. Go and check it out