List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Cosa Nostra at the entrance of Patak Villa 500M west of Chalong CIrcle, behind the first row of shophouses is a little hard to find, but if you like Italian at a reasonable price, it can't be beat. I had a massive Calzone for 240B which I am still trying to finish. I have had meals 3x the price at other Italian restaurants that were not any better. The owner is a very rotund and jovial Italian guy, just the kind of person you would expect to own a good Italian restaurant.

http://phuketdir.com...nostradelivery/

utf-8bUGhvdG8wNDM0LmpwZw.jpg

We've got into the habit of dropping into Cosa Nostra occasionally, and I concur with NJ's remarks. The pizzas are very good, the pastas properly al dente, and in short everything has that 'home cooked' flavour. Coupled with a pleasant atmosphere for what is really a small and out of the way place, it seems to have a following of regular resident expats. We were there for a supper this evening, a photo of the spaghetti with seafood that my wife thoroughly enjoyed......

Agree. Great prices and amazing food.

I wish the owner a lot of money and a long lasting business.

Edited by BabyJebus

Went to Cosa Nostra for the first time last night and ordered the Calzone to take away on the strength of the picture above.

Wasn't disappointed. Mine was huge! Bigger than the one in the picture and it was delicious.

Very impressed with the way they organize their delivery service.

You fill out a form with your name, address and telephone number. You are given a unique customer ID number and a menu with all the dishes numbered.

Call them up, give them your number and the food number and they check their computer for your address. They deliver up to a distance equal to Dowroong school.

Will be using this service frequently.

Edited by KarenBravo

Went to Cosa Nostra for the first time last night and ordered the Calzone to take away on the strength of the picture above.

Wasn't disappointed. Mine was huge! Bigger than the one in the picture and it was delicious.

Very impressed with the way they organize their delivery service.

You fill out a form with your name, address and telephone number. You are given a unique customer ID number and a menu with all the dishes numbered.

Call them up, give them your number and the food number and they check their computer for your address. They deliver up to a distance equal to Dowroong school.

Will be using this service frequently.

I did exactly the same last week & concur with your thoughts although I had been there several years ago but do not recall if they had a delivery service then. Calzone is huge & tasty as KB testified.

Didn't know that restaurant was mafia cosa nostra ( our thing). If it's the place I'm thinking about, it's called Casa Nostra ( our house). I enjoy the food there and the delivery service will definitely be a great option that will be used.

Just took a look at the menu and it is definitely called Cosa Nostra.

Wife home early from work today, so we decided to go for supper to a place that she'd heard of (I hadn't), but came highly recommended from other Thais she knows.

Mor Mu Dong restaurant is situated on a small tidal creek amongst the mangroves of Palai Beach. You go past the zoo, then before reaching the road end, take the last turn on the left. You go past a few of the other local restaurants, and eventually reach a sign (in Thai only unfortunately) on the right hand side (it's about a 100 metres or so after a large modern house on the right). A small track leads to the car park (surprisingly large), and the restaurant is spread between areas under shelters and trees, and four long salas that extend out over the creek (it was low tide and dry whilst we were there).

The ambience is very simple and unsophisticated, and the service relaxed and friendly. A lot of food that the wife and I hadn't seen before (boneless mackerel stuffed with curry for example, and what she described to me as ray's tails, both of which the wife had, as well as a different vegetable dish that resembled a broth with leaves in it). I played safe with a deep fried sea bass with sweet and sour sauce, and a fresh mango and prawn salad.

Anyway, very good food in what is quite a unique atmosphere, and recommended for a visit if you like relaxing in a quiet and natural setting. Tour buses are not going to find their way here that's for sure. Some photos of the place and food, click to enlarge.

post-62520-0-90182500-1350045663_thumb.j

post-62520-0-23443700-1350045681_thumb.j

post-62520-0-36501400-1350045698_thumb.j

post-62520-0-19483300-1350045718_thumb.j

post-62520-0-52006000-1350045735_thumb.j

post-62520-0-17153600-1350045766_thumb.j

post-62520-0-15821700-1350045783_thumb.j

post-62520-0-89948600-1350045798_thumb.j

post-62520-0-08282300-1350045851_thumb.j

post-62520-0-98609700-1350045865_thumb.j

post-62520-0-52199500-1350045879_thumb.j

post-62520-0-85772500-1350045892_thumb.j

post-62520-0-32838800-1350045907_thumb.j

post-62520-0-99422000-1350045921_thumb.j

post-62520-0-67392200-1350045937_thumb.j

Didn't know that restaurant was mafia cosa nostra ( our thing). If it's the place I'm thinking about, it's called Casa Nostra ( our house). I enjoy the food there and the delivery service will definitely be a great option that will be used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicilian_Mafia

Edited by NomadJoe

Does anyone here go to The Islander in Rawai?

The last time I went was when they were out on Viset.

A friend and I do a weekly dinner out and as I pass by there regularly, was thinking of doing a dinner there.

Can I get a review from someone? What there is best to order, or what dish do they do well?

Thanks in advance, GOM

http://en.wikipedia..../Sicilian_Mafia

Thanks KB and NJ. I guess not too much complaining goes on over there at the mafia house.

A friend and I do a weekly dinner out and as I pass by there regularly, was thinking of doing a dinner there.

Can I get a review from someone? What there is best to order, or what dish do they do well?

Thanks in advance, GOM

It is now on the road between the Rawai Or Bor Tor office & the turn off to Nai Harn beach. I have only had Sunday roast there but that is good with all the trimmings including Yorkshire pudding & stuffing.

Italian restaurant in Rawai-NaiHarn update:

Portofino-daFabrizio, they have changed from electric pizza oven to wood fire oven to improve the pizza taste.

DaVinci has opened a deli, next to the restaurant, with Italian products to eat in or take away

Amalfi, still closed despite being scheduled to open for october 1

Trattoria del Buongustaio still closed, most likely open in late November.

Thanks in advance, GOM

It is now on the road between the Rawai Or Bor Tor office & the turn off to Nai Harn beach. I have only had Sunday roast there but that is good with all the trimmings including Yorkshire pudding & stuffing.

Thanks Valentine, yes, pass by there regularly, do know where it is.

Does anyone else actually eat there when not Sunday roast? Any good?

Siam Beach Club at Nai Yang Beach was great - it is right on the beach and has a good selection of Thai and western dishes.

Silk in Surin although a little pricey, has great food.

Natural Restaurant in Phuket Town has cheap, great tasting Thai food.

Took some friends for a meal at Friendship Beach.

Seems that they have completely changed the menu by jumping on the "health" wagon.

Food was OK, if you can find any normal food, but, it was expensive.

One of my guests asked for a side-dish of French fries and was told that the restaurant doesn't serve them.

Saw on the menu something called "raw pizza". The thought makes me shudder.

Edited by KarenBravo

Seems that they have completely changed the menu by jumping on the "health" wagon.

One of my guests asked for a side-dish of French fries and was told that the restaurant doesn't serve them.

Expensive veggie? I think management there is making a mistake, they used to have a pretty good cheeseburger...........

Siam Beach Club at Nai Yang Beach was great - it is right on the beach and has a good selection of Thai and western dishes.

Silk in Surin although a little pricey, has great food.

Natural Restaurant in Phuket Town has cheap, great tasting Thai food.

I thought Silk moved to Kamala, opposite KBE / Rockfisth?

I know Wine Connection in Fisherman's business center Chalong has been mentioned before, we usually eat at the Jungceylon WC, but today we thought we would give the Chalong place a try. Have to say we were both impressed with the service and food presentation. The house wine was excellent. No doubt we will return.

I think that's Wine Lovers there LIK, if it's the place next to Rossovivo.

Could also be Wine Connection. Problem is the 2 Fisherman Way's can be really, really confusing.

Very true. From now on, I'm going to refer to them as FW north and FW south. Bit like the two Chao Fah roads (three actually).

you can say that again.....

was there using the pool last month and ordered some

cow pat khung without looking at the menu....80 to 150 bht most places....

bill came was 250 baht for shrimp fried rice and was crap to boot shrimp was raw with what seemed like frozen mixed veggies tossed in it...gross

when asked why so expensive saw i was charged for fried rice then seperate charge for shrimp by the kilo....

hmmmm shoulda read the menu i guess...

next time i use the pool will just get a water and bring my own fruit to eat...wai.gif

Wife home early from work today, so we decided to go for supper to a place that she'd heard of (I hadn't), but came highly recommended from other Thais she knows.

Mor Mu Dong restaurant is situated on a small tidal creek amongst the mangroves of Palai Beach. You go past the zoo, then before reaching the road end, take the last turn on the left. You go past a few of the other local restaurants, and eventually reach a sign (in Thai only unfortunately) on the right hand side (it's about a 100 metres or so after a large modern house on the right). A small track leads to the car park (surprisingly large), and the restaurant is spread between areas under shelters and trees, and four long salas that extend out over the creek (it was low tide and dry whilst we were there).

The ambience is very simple and unsophisticated, and the service relaxed and friendly. A lot of food that the wife and I hadn't seen before (boneless mackerel stuffed with curry for example, and what she described to me as ray's tails, both of which the wife had, as well as a different vegetable dish that resembled a broth with leaves in it). I played safe with a deep fried sea bass with sweet and sour sauce, and a fresh mango and prawn salad.

Anyway, very good food in what is quite a unique atmosphere, and recommended for a visit if you like relaxing in a quiet and natural setting. Tour buses are not going to find their way here that's for sure. Some photos of the place and food, click to enlarge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j70DlXqaYyU

I think that's Wine Lovers there LIK, if it's the place next to Rossovivo.

Could also be Wine Connection. Problem is the 2 Fisherman Way's can be really, really confusing.

That's why I stated the business centre. Thought that would save any confusion.

Same owner of the centers. You'd think genius could come up with a different name for the newer one.............oh well.

Back to Mor Mu Dong for a lunch today. It really is a pleasant location, with good service and good interesting food. Wife had a soup that she enjoys, and some kind of shell fish salad (minus the shells) as well as her own favourite of the curry stuffed mackerel. I had some chicken in cumin (OK but not something I'd try again), very good breaded and deep fried prawns, an excellent prawn fried rice, and an enjoyable stir fried egg plants in red curry. We rounded it off with a couple of local desserts, firstly a sweet rice and bean dish, and secondly something like tapioca/sago with a sweet potato. Very different. Normally I only drink small bottles of beer, but they only sell large ones here. Oh well, it looks good in an ice bucket.....

Some more photos of the food, and the areas around the restaurant. The toilet block (multi coloured and with what looks like statues of mushrooms on top?????), are near the entrance from the road. Click to enlarge.

post-62520-0-37584200-1351322593_thumb.j

post-62520-0-21757600-1351322605_thumb.j

post-62520-0-40821700-1351322621_thumb.j

post-62520-0-04108500-1351322633_thumb.j

post-62520-0-56118000-1351322651_thumb.j

post-62520-0-49336700-1351322671_thumb.j

post-62520-0-22083400-1351322682_thumb.j

post-62520-0-12655300-1351322696_thumb.j

post-62520-0-25397400-1351322711_thumb.j

post-62520-0-79668000-1351322729_thumb.j

post-62520-0-24362600-1351322742_thumb.j

post-62520-0-65762600-1351322754_thumb.j

post-62520-0-00425600-1351322768_thumb.j

post-62520-0-40523900-1351322790_thumb.j

post-62520-0-65566600-1351322808_thumb.j

post-62520-0-52092100-1351322822_thumb.j

post-62520-0-93509500-1351322836_thumb.j

post-62520-0-88456700-1351322853_thumb.j

post-62520-0-40477100-1351322872_thumb.j

post-62520-0-81815700-1351322888_thumb.j

post-62520-0-80306100-1351322903_thumb.j

post-62520-0-67677100-1351322923_thumb.j

post-62520-0-44089600-1351322937_thumb.j

post-62520-0-84501700-1351322950_thumb.j

post-62520-0-54893200-1351322968_thumb.j

you can say that again.....

was there using the pool last month and ordered some

cow pat khung without looking at the menu....80 to 150 bht most places....

bill came was 250 baht for shrimp fried rice and was crap to boot shrimp was raw with what seemed like frozen mixed veggies tossed in it...gross

when asked why so expensive saw i was charged for fried rice then seperate charge for shrimp by the kilo....

hmmmm shoulda read the menu i guess...

next time i use the pool will just get a water and bring my own fruit to eat...wai.gif

Do you pay to use their pool?