List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

The Caddyshack newly opened near the entrance to Loch Palm and Red Mountain golf courses in Kathu is getting good reports,sunday roasts served and menu through the week is pretty comprehensive with a good all day breakfast

Looked closed for years ( I was good friend of the last farang operator). Not an easy location for regular locals. Do you know if it's a Thai or Farang operator ? I will check it out anyway.

The Caddyshack newly opened near the entrance to Loch Palm and Red Mountain golf courses in Kathu is getting good reports,sunday roasts served and menu through the week is pretty comprehensive with a good all day breakfast

Looked closed for years ( I was good friend of the last farang operator). Not an easy location for regular locals. Do you know if it's a Thai or Farang operator ? I will check it out anyway.

Farang owned its just 50 metres past the entrance to Loch Palm

Went to Mr India on CF east road.

Good tasty food reasonable price,and seemed popular with local Indian community.only criticism would be relatively small menu.

Will be returning, hot curry in patong isn't to bad either.

Went to Mr India on CF east road.

Good tasty food reasonable price,and seemed popular with local Indian community.only criticism would be relatively small menu.

Will be returning, hot curry in patong isn't to bad either.

He's my second favourite curry supplier, but most of his hot spicy dishes - although delicious - taste pretty much the same. When I get one out of my freezer, I don't know whether it's a chicken madras or a chicken tikka masala. And after I've eaten it, I still don't know.

My new supplier is a member of this forum. His chicken vindaloos are amazing!

A friend and I went to a new restaurant yesterday called the Monkey Pod and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The location is the northeast part of the island in the Pak Lok, and Bang Rong area. It's on the road that goes northeast from the Heroines's Monument circle past Cape Yamu and is up near the Phuket Airpark and the Gibbins Rehap Center. That road makes a loop and goes past Ao Po then Mission Hills golf course before it rejoins the main highway below the international airport turnoff.

There aren't too many restaurants to choose from in this neck of the woods, and most are of the bamboo an straw roof variety, but this one is a modern, purpose built building of elegant design. More importantly, the food was really good and so was the service. I had fish and chips and my friend had an Italian pasta dish. Prices were reasonable and the service was attentive. This place was built and is run by a Thai man who used to be the general manager of the blue wave radio station and he speaks English well.

Very nice to have a place like this up here, and I heartily recommend it.

Been going to Madena and Ellis much better IMHO...

Must say I have been disappointed with Ellis. Didn't visit them at their old location, did pay 3 visits on their new location, 2 times ok but nothing really good or special, and 1 time the pizza simply wasn't done. Don't plan to go back there.

• 3 weeks later...

We Cafe by the corner of Chao Fa West & Thanon Kwang has a very pleasant atmosphere. Teas, coffees, create your own salad or take some fruit & veg home. They seem to be doing a good trade & next week plan to have a breakfast menu. Believe it or not I managed to resist having one of the delicious looking cakes.

We Cafe by the corner of Chao Fa West & Thanon Kwang has a very pleasant atmosphere. Teas, coffees, create your own salad or take some fruit & veg home. They seem to be doing a good trade & next week plan to have a breakfast menu. Believe it or not I managed to resist having one of the delicious looking cakes.

I am checking where that is on Goggle Earth (Google is your friend thumbsup.gif )

If its good enough for you Val then it must be good enough for me.

I am checking where that is on Goggle Earth (Google is your friend thumbsup.gif )

If its good enough for you Val then it must be good enough for me.

Next to the wood shop opposite the big wine barrel. It is part of the hydroponic farm which is just behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I would like to share a very good and healthy restaurant that locate in Phuket Town near Naka Temple (Chao fah Road). It's opposite to house and home furniture shopping and Phuket animal hospital.

The restaurant's name is Chanya restaurant.

This restaurant is quite a bit small looking rectangle building, but can support about 40 customers. You can choose to sit inside or outside. With very warm and good blend of thai and western decoration and relaxation music while you are enjoying your foods. Or you can sit outside under shady atmosphere and cool wind.

The concept of this restaurant is healthy foods. Organic vegetables and seafoods are main ingredients. If you are looking for Thai dishes somehow mix of western style, not too spicy, freshness and healthiness of veggies and all ingredients. Chanya restaurant can fulfil people who are looking for Thai foods but healthy.

The range of food prices are 80-180 baths, you can order single dish like noodles, fried rice or salads. Or with side dishes like fish ball green curry, thai vegetable fried with big prawn, etc. Finally don't miss Chanya restaurant' signature dessert, "Chocolate lava" eat with home made vanilla ice-cream and sour strawberry. The most delicious lava chocolate I have ever eaten!!!!

You can find more details in TripAdvisor

Working time 10.00-14.00 , 16.00-21.30

Close on Sunday

post-170910-0-29516800-1355648035_thumb.

post-170910-0-91671100-1355648084_thumb.

post-170910-0-68017900-1355648249_thumb.

post-170910-0-97749000-1355648289_thumb.

post-170910-0-00142200-1355648357_thumb.

post-170910-0-04527600-1355648386_thumb.

post-170910-0-98388300-1355648731_thumb.

post-170910-0-65530400-1355648775_thumb.

post-170910-0-55264600-1355648898_thumb.

Last Monday wanted to go for a pizza with a friend, so went to M&M's. Forgot they are closed on Mondays, so tried Portofino I think they are called in Sai Yuan, just around the corner from M&M's. Good setting, IMO much nicer than M&M's, friendly service and good quality pizza. We ordered the meter pizza for 4, which was only good for 3 reaaly, which was the only negative thing about it. Since we were with 2 took the rest home.

All in all good, will go there again, and would prefer them over M&M's, who have for a long time been my favourite for pizza in the area.

Last Monday wanted to go for a pizza with a friend, so went to M&M's. Forgot they are closed on Mondays, so tried Portofino I think they are called in Sai Yuan, just around the corner from M&M's. Good setting, IMO much nicer than M&M's, friendly service and good quality pizza. We ordered the meter pizza for 4, which was only good for 3 reaaly, which was the only negative thing about it. Since we were with 2 took the rest home.

All in all good, will go there again, and would prefer them over M&M's, who have for a long time been my favourite for pizza in the area.

I tried it a couple of times, but found they put too much oregano on their pies and it kind of overpowers the rest of the ingredients.

ELLA Bar & Bistro down Soi Post Office (south of Bangla, parallel) is a relatively new comer but has shot out of the gate.

The food is amazing, they do an interesting and varied all day breakfast, and the rest of the menu is terrific. Try the pork belly with bacon gnocchi :P

Of an evening the bar serves properly made cocktails with real spirits and there's usually some live music going on. If you want to impress a bird ,here's the place.

Had Christmas Dinner there last night and it was a really fun night.

ELLA reminds me of OSKAR in Soi 11 BKK.

About time Patong started getting bars with a bit of sophistication about them.

Last night we went for a New Year's dinner (14 of us) at a fairly new Korean style bbq place (moo gata), but it turned out to be a non comparable place to the rest of the mass, low quality, disgusting places all over Phuket. The place (name ?) is located just north of Land&House (Chalong) at the corner of the road connecting Chaofa East with West (the one going past Wat Chalong). The location has been used a few times by Farang restaurants, that all failed, but I hope that this Korean owner will be there forever.

It is more expensive than the "normal" Moo Gata @ Adult 300 and Child (-130cm) @ 150, but food and service can not be compared. We arrived fairly early (18), so there was plenty of staff getting the food for us and even looking after the bbq-ing. Good quality meats (compared to the rest) and we had a really super evening. I really like "Kimchi" and they serve a perfect one. Dipping sauces are also very good.

There is no "dome" i.e. not a traditional soup/fat/juice collecting thing on your table, but a low, flat grilling surface that they keep exchanging as soon as it gets a little bit greasy or stained. They changed it probably 6 or 7 times in the 2 hours we spent there. Beer, was pretty expensive, so I suggest that you bring your own bottle of Rum :) and just pay for mixes/soft drinks. Corkage, however, 200 THB....

No I don't own this place, but I will go back there next weekend. Great !

Last night we went for a New Year's dinner (14 of us) at a fairly new Korean style bbq place (moo gata), but it turned out to be a non comparable place to the rest of the mass, low quality, disgusting places all over Phuket. The place (name ?) is located just north of Land&House (Chalong) at the corner of the road connecting Chaofa East with West (the one going past Wat Chalong). The location has been used a few times by Farang restaurants, that all failed, but I hope that this Korean owner will be there forever.

It is more expensive than the "normal" Moo Gata @ Adult 300 and Child (-130cm) @ 150, but food and service can not be compared. We arrived fairly early (18), so there was plenty of staff getting the food for us and even looking after the bbq-ing. Good quality meats (compared to the rest) and we had a really super evening. I really like "Kimchi" and they serve a perfect one. Dipping sauces are also very good.

There is no "dome" i.e. not a traditional soup/fat/juice collecting thing on your table, but a low, flat grilling surface that they keep exchanging as soon as it gets a little bit greasy or stained. They changed it probably 6 or 7 times in the 2 hours we spent there. Beer, was pretty expensive, so I suggest that you bring your own bottle of Rum smile.png and just pay for mixes/soft drinks. Corkage, however, 200 THB....

Actually, beer was: large bottle of Chang 120, large bottle of Heineken 180...

There is no "dome" i.e. not a traditional soup/fat/juice collecting thing on your table, but a low, flat grilling surface that they keep exchanging as soon as it gets a little bit greasy or stained. They changed it probably 6 or 7 times in the 2 hours we spent there. Beer, was pretty expensive, so I suggest that you bring your own bottle of Rum smile.png and just pay for mixes/soft drinks. Corkage, however, 200 THB....

Have seen this place and was thinking of eating there as it is always packed with Thai customers. Glad to hear it's as good as I thought it would be.

If a restaurant is packed with locals night after night then you know the food is good.

I'm always on the look out for new and interesting eateries on Patak Road as the parking is so difficult down Tania Rd in Kata center. So I'd like to give a shout-out to a new place on Patak, the Green Onion, just on the corner up to the Ratri Jazz place and just before the Big One supermarket. I am told it is connected to the Ship Wreck Restaurant down in Kata Center. I ate there today, it's a basic eatery, not exactly fancy, prices mid range, service Ok, food was acceptable. I ordered chile con carne & chips (210 baht) and a glass of red wine (110 baht). The chile was good although I would have liked a bit more chile power to spice it up, and the wine was better than most cheap Italian stuff. I'll be back.

• Like 1