List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Hi all, my question is about Belgian beer, where I can find some in Phuket? Last night went to Wine Connection Chalong, they had not even one available from their menu.

I am looking for Tripel Karmeliet and Delirium Tremens kinds. Thank you very much in advance for the info.

Villa Market has quite a few, and also one of the advertisers here on the forum, sorry forgot the name, sells them.

Don't recall seeing the ones you'd like though.

Hi all, my question is about Belgian beer, where I can find some in Phuket? Last night went to Wine Connection Chalong, they had not even one available from their menu.

I am looking for Tripel Karmeliet and Delirium Tremens kinds. Thank you very much in advance for the info.

Villa Market has quite a few, and also one of the advertisers here on the forum, sorry forgot the name, sells them.

Don't recall seeing the ones you'd like though.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I am kinda looking for a bar/restaurant to have the beers in, in those nice shapped glasses etc..:)

Where is the best kebab on Rawai-NaiHarn? licklips.gif Cant find....

Same for me. Since Adman closed can't find any good ones. The Turkish/Polish/kebab place opposite traffic lights Viset Road-Sai Yauan Road is awful.

Anyone tried the kebab place on Sai Yuan?

Want to go and try it tonight, but where on Sai Yuan is it?

If you turn in to Sai Yuan from Viset road, it's on the left-hand side. Go past Drift Inn and it's a bit further up in a (yellow?) stand-alone building that is a weird triangular shape with the apex on Sai Yuan. It's well before the sharp right-hand turn that takes you to the bit of Sai Yuan that has most of the restaurants.

Between Drift Inn and Modena restaurant (I think).

Please report back as I love my kebabs.

If you turn in to Sai Yuan from Viset road, it's on the left-hand side. Go past Drift Inn and it's a bit further up in a (yellow?) stand-alone building that is a weird triangular shape with the apex on Sai Yuan. It's well before the sharp right-hand turn that takes you to the bit of Sai Yuan that has most of the restaurants.

Thanks, will give it a go tonight (take away) and let you know tomorrow.

Tried to find it, coming from the shark corner, went all the way past Drift Inn, nothing, and also on the way back did not see anything. Will check again, maybe they are closer to the new vet there? Not for today though, unfortunately again no good kebab for me.

Tried to find it, coming from the shark corner, went all the way past Drift Inn, nothing, and also on the way back did not see anything. Will check again, maybe they are closer to the new vet there? Not for today though, unfortunately again no good kebab for me.

The place is almost across from Samakee 2, if you are at Drift Inn going toward the vet you are already way past it.

If standing and looking at Modena Pizza, continue toward Drift Inn only 20 meters, same side of the road, note big yellow building on the corner.

'The Family' next to Tesco Lotus is Rawai, close to the circle, is very good. I eat the shawma kebab and falafle there all the time, very tasty, and cheap. nice, friendly staff too.

and there is a take away menu and you can call the order in

Edited by stevehaigh

its gone fellas .. closed down or shifted location but no longer on that corner ....

I wonder if they moved it to the three way headed toward Nai Harn Beach ?

New Lebanese restaurant there and the signs look similar............

the new Lebanese restaurant opened 15 days ago. Same guys doing Kebab in Patong, junction Bangla and Rat U tit 200phi, built into Rock Citys wall

Had a kebab for lunch today, Good stuff

Wife left the house very early this morning, to do some traditional 'wai-ing' at her office for Chinese New Year. Apparently involved lots of wai-ing and eating lots of food. Anyway, quite surprised when she phoned me before leaving her office to ask if I wanted to go out on our boat today as the weather is fine. She's usually a reluctant sailor, so by the time she got back to the house, I had the car packed with dinghy and fuel, all ready to go.

Having got to Ao Yon, blown up the dinghy and got to the boat, conditions were indeed perfect, next to no wind and a sea like glass. We'll go to Banana Beach on Coral Island for some lunch said I, perhaps too hastily as the boats battery was almost flat, and wouldn't turn over the engine. Sitting in the boat on her mooring sipping a cold beer is pleasant, but just not the same as actually moving.

Anyway, everything in reverse, back to shore with the spare fuel that was no longer needed, and the cold drinks, and back home for about 12.30 p.m. This left us with the question of where to go for lunch, and as the wife was still digesting her enormous breakfast, the choice was mine. On fine days like today, we usually like to eat next to a beach, but today I was concerned the food would stick in my throat.

Not bee to 'Fatty's' for a few weeks, and we rarely go at lunchtime, midweek supper being the norm. Quite a few people in as usual (never ever been the only customer), and orders my usual of Pork Cordon Bleu, pan fried potatoes, and a side salad, accompanied by a half carafe of chilled red wine. At 190 Baht (excluding the wine), this has to be one of Phuket's best bargains (as is all his food). Wife opted for a dessert in the shape of a chocolate mousse as she wasn't hungry (usually she has one of their excellent Thai salads).

One very notable aspect of eating at Fatty's, the meal you have this time will be the same as the one you had before, and the one that you'll have next time. The man himself is always in the kitchen during 'service' and checks every plate before it leaves the kitchen. The staff are mainly family, and are attentive and organised.

You don't go to Fatty's for the luxury surroundings or the views, I must be the same as the other regular resident expats, and go for an injection of fine European 'comfort' food.

Some photos of the place, the food, and even their friendly (look but don't touch) dog gets a look in.

post-62520-0-91763200-1327229932_thumb.j

post-62520-0-61449900-1327229975_thumb.j

post-62520-0-14264700-1327229996_thumb.j

post-62520-0-57689200-1327230028_thumb.j

post-62520-0-04325800-1327230055_thumb.j

post-62520-0-25521200-1327230086_thumb.j

post-62520-0-07608400-1327230108_thumb.j

post-62520-0-64399800-1327230133_thumb.j

post-62520-0-47589600-1327230156_thumb.j

post-62520-0-83691700-1327230172_thumb.j

post-62520-0-82797600-1327230197_thumb.j

post-62520-0-08636800-1327230235_thumb.j

post-62520-0-80366900-1327230261_thumb.j

They have moved now,they are called.. Lebanese, they are now on the road to Naiharn opposite Bannana corner just before Morning Coffee and Davinci,went there last week,ok,but they had only just opened..better location

i ate at Modenas last night ... pasta perfect !! you cannot deny that Franco can cook a very good pizza and his pasta in my opinion is better than all in Rawai and cheap..ok the setting is not great but the food is well worth it ....

• Like 1

A friend of mine that has a restaurant in Nai Harn tried the Lebanese place and he was disappointed and said he doubts it will last more than a few months. Isn't this the same location as that Khan restaurant that never took off?

A friend of mine that has a restaurant in Nai Harn tried the Lebanese place and he was disappointed and said he doubts it will last more than a few months. Isn't this the same location as that Khan restaurant that never took off?

Just next door to that going toward the 3-way. I'm by there pretty often never see anyone in there, which to me is the typical tell-tale of a decent restaurant.

A new place that I do see crowded and a friend recently recommended is a new Thai restaurant sort of attached to the cinder block Hen Chef on Sai Yuan. Tables almost always full there so looks like a good take-away spot. I'm a big fan of the fruit cart guy outside Hen Chef .

Just next door to that going toward the 3-way. I'm by there pretty often never see anyone in there, which to me is the typical tell-tale of a decent restaurant.

A new place that I do see crowded and a friend recently recommended is a new Thai restaurant sort of attached to the cinder block Hen Chef on Sai Yuan. Tables almost always full there so looks like a good take-away spot. I'm a big fan of the fruit cart guy outside Hen Chef .

GOM, are you talking about the place to the right of Hen Chef, close to Tesco? If so, don't waste your time...it's Thai food catered to tourists...you can ask for spicy, and get one chili. I've eaten in once and had take away once, and I won't do it again...

As for the Lebanese place, I do plan to try it this weekend...I've driven by there quite late over the last few nights (working late shift again) and there have been a lot of people in there eating and smoking shisha. Fingers-crossed that food is good as a Lebanese place would be a nice change in Sai Yuan.

Recently tried two "new to me" places in Nai Harn/Rawai, and thought that I would share. Anyone else been to these?

• Portofino's is the new Italian restaurant on the right of Sai Yuan road before the it curves and takes you to M&M's. The ambience of the place is very nice & open air. I went with a friend, and we shared pizza and pasta...the pizza was cooked in a wood fire oven and it was not very good...really tasteless, and much smaller compared to other pizza places in the area. The pasta redeemed the whole meal...spinach ravioli with bolognese sauce and it was perfectly tasty. They had nice house wine, too. Prices aren't too expensive, and the staff are friendly. Hope they improve their pizza, as stated earlier, the ambience is nice.

• The Recycle in Rawai just before you turn to go up the road to Promthep Cape. The place is cute and eclectic, and you guessed it, most of the wood and things in the place are made of recycled materials! The menu is small with a variety of Thai dishes and a few foreign ones as well. (They serve shark, so if you are against that, don't leave some snide comment, just don't support the place) The food is cheap and just okay...a Thai friend and I shared a curry, a beef salad and spring rolls. The curry was super sweet and the beef salad too salty...spring rolls are spring rolls...wasn't 100% impressed with the place, but would consider going back for a drink or two before heading on to another place in Rawai.