List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

• 2 weeks later...

Best Pizza in Patong - La Capannina, he makes his own mozzarealla! No i dont work in this place & yes I know the owner as I have been there so many times smile.png

Is it the same as the Campinnina in Kata?

Maybe the same owner, will ask him next time I am there - again the Pizza was great

Best Pizza in Patong - La Capannina, he makes his own mozzarealla! No i dont work in this place & yes I know the owner as I have been there so many times smile.png

Location please....

Not the same owner as the Kata outfit, location(?), if it's the one I'm thinking of its a small soi off Nanai Rd., I think Google earth would be the only way.

Location please....

Nani Road Soi 2 - if you come from Kata/KAron you go past the new Makro/Dons BBQ for about 1-1.2km then you will go up a slight hill & see Family Mart on the your left, this is Soi 2 & there is a sign just not so easy to see. Follow this all the way to the bottom and its the last place, almost, an your left. Its part of a hotel/guest house. Yes they have a 2nd shop ON NANAI itself, but i prefer here as its quieter, has parking & the owners are always around.

Location please....

Nani Road Soi 2 - if you come from Kata/KAron you go past the new Makro/Dons BBQ for about 1-1.2km then you will go up a slight hill & see Family Mart on the your left, this is Soi 2 & there is a sign just not so easy to see. Follow this all the way to the bottom and its the last place, almost, an your left. Its part of a hotel/guest house. Yes they have a 2nd shop ON NANAI itself, but i prefer here as its quieter, has parking & the owners are always around.

Oh, that's Bruno's place. Palma Resort Hotel. I did not know he was associated with the place on Nanai (near the exit from Nanai 2). He does the wood fired pizzas. I've never tried his pizzas.

I would guess the place on Nanai is Bruno's brother. The place he had was demolished a while back, hotel called Andaman Hills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I dropped into Kan Eang@pier last night for an early supper. Quite busy, with quite a lot of Chinese tourists there. As usual, food and service very good, and reasonably priced. Wife had a plate of sushi, followed by what was described as seaweed soup, but in fact was mainly fish balls and mushrooms. I had a very tasty creamy crab curry with white noodles and bean sprouts. Washed down with a couple of small, and one large Singha. Live band started playing mellow jazz around 7 p.m. which was very pleasant. Excellent value all round for just over 1000 baht.

On the downside, having to head towards Rawai and do a u turn back to Chalong Circle wasn't good. Traffic queue was horrendous.

Photo quality not that great as used my phone:

post-62520-0-50297600-1360825293_thumb.j

post-62520-0-69442700-1360825348_thumb.j

post-62520-0-07419200-1360825491_thumb.j

post-62520-0-72860200-1360825632_thumb.j

post-62520-0-68535000-1360825711_thumb.j

post-62520-0-31338700-1360825754_thumb.j

post-62520-0-90277200-1360825804_thumb.j

post-62520-0-42327600-1360825837_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

Time to buy a SEGWAY pagallim

Nah, the inventor killed himself on one, and that was in the Yorkshire countryside, not the madness that's Chalong Circle!

For those who don't know what a Segway is, it's this (not me in photos by the way):

post-62520-0-03873100-1360856955_thumb.j

If we're not using one of the cars, my preferred transport is this:

post-62520-0-03806600-1360857012_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

Had some friends in town this week and went to No. 1 Restaurant in Rawai. Not sure of the road name, but you go south past Da Vinci and take the left at the bend that goes toward Rawai beach road / Islander (not toward Nai Harn lake). Past Bamboo House and a little up on the left (edited on the Right). Sorry

Food was good and not watered down. I had to drink 3 beers in 1/2 hour to cool off my tongue from the burn.

Edited by GiantFan

Had a pizza at a place called Aglici Amici (not sure if I have the correct name) which was pretty good with a nice crispy crust. It is on the soi running off Chao Fa East going to Jimmy's Lighthouse. They have 3 sizes & the regular is quite large, half of which I took home after also having a good bruschetta to start. It is run by a couple of young Italian guys & they were doing a good trade with Pizza 2000, just nearby, not doing so well.

Can people comment on the food at Ao Chalong Yacht Club? (Up from Hayek Chalong circle on Phuket Town road, on the right before you get to Wine Connection on the left).

It has a fantastic view but...

I can empathise with your looking for comments, but this particular thread is about places to recommend. Again, it's about recommendations, and not criticism (I think). Maybe start a thread in the general Phuket forum instead.

In truth, maybe there's a need to create a separate forum for Phuket dining, and accept that there's going to be as many negative comments as there are positive.

My wife is an excellent cook and we usually eat at home. Thai food.
But sometimes I get a craving for some farang food and I try different places.
I must say, the best I've found is "Wine Lovers" in the Fisherman's Way strip mall next to Rosovovo.

The dishes are not only excellent tasting, the platters are a work of art.
I've heard they got the cook from "Wine Connection" and the menu is similar.
Wine Lovers is the best farang food I've had around here.
I haven't tried their Thai food but might take the family there some night for a try.

Can people comment on the food at Ao Chalong Yacht Club? (Up from Hayek Chalong circle on Phuket Town road, on the right before you get to Wine Connection on the left).

I can empathise with your looking for comments, but this particular thread is about places to recommend. Again, it's about recommendations, and not criticism (I think). Maybe start a thread in the general Phuket forum instead.

In truth, maybe there's a need to create a separate forum for Phuket dining, and accept that there's going to be as many negative comments as there are positive.

OK fair enough. I just did a search of this topic for the place and found no references. So I guess that says it all. smile.png

My wife is an excellent cook and we usually eat at home. Thai food.

But sometimes I get a craving for some farang food and I try different places.

I must say, the best I've found is "Wine Lovers" in the Fisherman's Way strip mall next to Rosovovo.

The dishes are not only excellent tasting, the platters are a work of art.

I've heard they got the cook from "Wine Connection" and the menu is similar.

Wine Lovers is the best farang food I've had around here.

I haven't tried their Thai food but might take the family there some night for a try.

This is good to hear. That plaza overall has a couple interesting restaurants for us Rawai people, Wine Lovers and Delish.

I'd like to see them do some sort of festival there. In the middle they have room for a beer garden and some live music. That might give those places some more exposure.

I feel if we have made a recommendation only to find later that things have changed then we should be able to qualify our original post. Restaurants get new ownership, change chef, different staff who are surly compared to before, prices change, etc.

• Like 1

the worst xmas lunch i have eaten at ridiculous prices too....yes nice view thats about it ....

• 3 weeks later...

Just had another good lunch at Cosa Nostra. The usual crowd of 8 to 10 local Italians in this lunchtime, loud and laughing as usual which adds to the atmosphere. A couple of shots of my wife's '4 cheeses' pizza.........

post-62520-0-91276900-1363420678_thumb.j

post-62520-0-71525100-1363420693_thumb.j

I was today at the new open DaVinci Deli with my wife and daughter. They have a saturday free nutella day with bread.

I had a very nice spaghetti tomato basil (at 180 baht plus 15% discount as resident) and my wife a tasty tuna and tomato salad. Very cool and modern place with air condition.

post-51499-0-41597100-1363423797_thumb.j

post-51499-0-44694400-1363423842_thumb.j

post-51499-0-83045800-1363423867_thumb.j

post-51499-0-44904700-1363423885_thumb.j

post-51499-0-88048300-1363424230_thumb.j

Edited by greenwater

Did Modena Pizzaria, Sai Yuan, Rawai last night with a fellow TV member. In the past I have knocked the pizza for being a bit to chewy in the crust but I tell you what, his pastas are awesome.

We had a lasagna and a cheese ravioli dish and both were very tasty.

Someone mentioned he might be closing but there were half a dozen tables last night, and I think he's just getting more and more popular. Hope he sticks around.

• Like 1