List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Just back from a nice relaxing afternoon at The Beach Bar out on Cape Panwa located past the Big look out area...

Can sit with table right on the sand, cold drinks. good food. good friends nice safe beach for the kids and great sunset... NO TOUTS SELLING USELESS JUNK bugging you every 5 minutes....

ENJOY

Suay Restaurant Phuket Town, chef Noi Michellin rated, excellent setting.

From Chaofa East make like you are going to Robinsons/Ocean Mall,but at the signal when you go right over the Klong, go straight passing the Suzuki shop on the corner. Same side of the road as Suzuki 200 meters up.

From Chaofa East make like you are going to Robinsons/Ocean Mall,but at the signal when you go right over the Klong, go straight passing the Suzuki shop on the corner. Same side of the road as Suzuki 200 meters up.

That place was good 10 years ago, what's ruined that place was he turned his food into fusion food too much and falang ghetto with all old men bringing their bargirl/isaan wife to that place!

That place was good 10 years ago, what's ruined that place was he turned his food into fusion food too much and falang ghetto with all old men bringing their bargirl/isaan wife to that place!

I completely disagree guy. When I was there, a young Thai couple took a table, a table of four Thai women who looked like they had money (took a bottle of wine) were there as well as a few other groups of Thais. The only foreigners I saw had sunset beers in the garden early and left.

You're off the mark with that gossip nonsense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I completely disagree guy. When I was there, a young Thai couple took a table, a table of four Thai women who looked like they had money (took a bottle of wine) were there as well as a few other groups of Thais. The only foreigners I saw had sunset beers in the garden early and left.

You're off the mark with that gossip nonsense.

We used to frequent this Restaurant, but found the food Over Salted or Too much Sugar....

Being a bit of a health freak, I now avoid this Restauarant....

Finding Healthy food in Thailand is not easy....

Raw Veg is Great and knocks spots of most other Vegetarian Restaurants....

Another healthy Restaurant is Santosa on the Patak Rpad, as you are leaving Kata... If healthy food, is your thing , well worth a visit....

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for dropping in the thread. Staying in Phuket (Laguna) for a couple of weeks. I'm looking for a nice breakfast place. Something along the lines of roast in Bangkok. Good coffee etc

Many thanks in advance.

OB

Waya Cafe Boat Avenue is good and has all you need. If no transport then the bakery in canal Village, but it's pricey unless your Laguna Hotel has given you a discount card.

https://www.facebook.com/cafewaya?rf=524199407629545

If you have no transport then the bakery in Canal Village, but it's pricey unless your Laguna Hotel has given you a discount card.

No need to thank me.

New Thai restaurant named Sky Zab on the Bypass road.

They took the top floor of the small Sky Hotel (boutique hotel currently undergoing renovation), and created a casual restaurant on the rooftop. The view is outstanding - over Phuket Town, and out to the sea. They're still in their soft opening phase, but open every day. Prices are very reasonable and staff is very friendly. We stopped in last week and had a wonderful lunch of 3 dishes plus beverages for under 450 baht. I tried to get it added to TripAdvisor, but got an email back saying they couldn't confirm the restaurant's info, so right now it's just word of mouth.

It can be a little hard to find - heading away from Phuket Town on the Bypass road, take the first little soi after Gems Gallery and keep going up the hill to the Sky Hotel, which is at the end of the soi. There's a small Sky Zab sign where you turn. Take the elevator from the tiny lobby to the 3rd (top) floor, where there's a catwalk that leads to the restaurant.

A new "Gung Kata" restaurant has opened where the Rawai Wednesday and Sunday market is. All you can eat seafood with shrimp, squid, mussels, fish etc. plus the usual chicken and pork for 169 baht. They even have a real BBQ where you can cook your own fish, squid, etc. Very clean place and ice cold large beers for 90.

KB,out on the Viset main drag they set up all of their stands outside the mosque. I'm big on the marinated chicken and saffron rice.

Yes, me too. That is Kaow Mook Gy. You can get it at every market.

I like rotis and curry for breakfast, so, getting it in the evening kinda defeats the purpose.

Also, I haven't seen it sold in the late afternoon which is when they set up the stalls on Viset.

P.S. It ain't saffron they use. Far too expensive. They use a bit of turmeric to colour the rice.

Edited by KarenBravo

Sheesh. Ramadan here tomorrow.

All my favourite roti with curry restaurants are closing for a month.

Guess I'll have to go back to bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Roti& curry for brekky, it's so Ong sinceive had that I'd forgotten how good it is, never triedi it in LoS so have you any recommendations for whenRamadam ends. Preferably inthePhuketTownor Kathu areas.

Roti& curry for brekky, it's so Ong sinceive had that I'd forgotten how good it is, never triedi it in LoS so have you any recommendations for whenRamadam ends. Preferably inthePhuketTownor Kathu areas.

Yes, no worries.

The best is called Chao Fah Pancake.

From the traffic lights on Chao Fah East road and the road with the right turn to Ao Makam which is past Daorung school, go straight.

Before you get to the next set of lights, on the left hand side is a large branch of Siam Commercial Bank.

20 metres further on is the restaurant which is double shop-house size. You will see a couple of Ninjas cooking rotis on the front.

Closed on Mondays. Serving rotis until about 11:30 am.

The next best is Abduls.

This is on Thalang road (in the one way system). It is about 30 metres on the left-hand side as you turn into Thalang road from Phuket road.

Open every day, serving rotis all day.

Edited by KarenBravo

Yes, no worries.

The best is called Chao Fah Pancake.

From the traffic lights on Chao Fah East road and the road with the right turn to Ao Makam which is past Daorung school, go straight.

Before you get to the next set of lights, on the left hand side is a large branch of Siam Commercial Bank.

20 metres further on is the restaurant which is double shop-house size. You will see a couple of Ninjas cooking rotis on the front.

Closed on Mondays. Serving rotis until about 11:30 am.

The next best is Abduls.

This is on Thalang road (in the one way system). It is about 30 metres on the left-hand side as you turn into Thalang road from Phuket road.

Open every day, serving rotis all day.

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of rotis with curry, I had today the unpleasant surprise to see that my usual restaurant, which also served decent thai food, on viset road in Rawai (on the left side coming from the circle, opposite princess hotel) seemed to have closed business or moved elsewhere. Anyone knows of another roti place in Rawai, preferably still open in the afternoon?

Speaking of rotis with curry, I had today the unpleasant surprise to see that my usual restaurant, which also served decent thai food, on viset road in Rawai (on the left side coming from the circle, opposite princess hotel) seemed to have closed business or moved elsewhere. Anyone knows of another roti place in Rawai, preferably still open in the afternoon?

Hmmm.........It closed at the start of Ramadan. They knocked through the unit next door to make a double restaurant and the people said that it would open in a week, so that would have been late July. Don't know what's going on.

There is a roti place on the left side of Viset going north, just after the Chalong Bay Hotel sign. It's the last shop in a group of four and has a green and red striped awning. The rotis are good, but, the curry is a green curry and I don't rate it very highly. They do have excellent Khao Mook Gy, though.

The other roti place I know of is:-

Go to the Y-junction where left is Nai Harn and right takes you to Kata. Take the right fork, go past the old Icon. Then take a sharp right. Go straight until the road turns to the left. Right in front of you, on the other side of the road, right at the turn is a small restaurant that does rotis and curry. Haven't been there in a couple of years, so, don't know what it's like now.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

Lunch at The Avenue. It's on the west side of the bypass road opposite that little road from Living Index which goes to back side of BigC. Very clean and quiet. We had Cesar Salad, BLT and some coffee. Really nice spot. Friendly staff, good prices. Nice menu. Full bar, and I think tap beer, but not sure what brand. Opens at 9 for western or Thai breakfast. Give a go.

Edited by Shot

I noticed on FB that The Green Man are making crumpets at 120 Baht for half dozen. Have to order in advance. Could be worth a try as that is about the same price as the crumpets from the green bakery next to Family restaurant on Visit Rd & not sure if you can still get from there.

The Big Chicken, beside the Country Club in Kathu, great food, brings back memories.

Or Fatty's in Chalong, near the roundabout........for the Western fix.

Not sure if both are still open, been a couple years now..........

Fattys is still going but I think closed for his annual holiday about now. Big Chicken still going as well.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 1

hey guys, dunno why this thread has died but since im back ive been looking for new places but theres no site documenting the thousands of restaurants on the east coast outside of jamie monk's random restaurant review every 3-4months.

please start posting again :)

i saw 3 new restaurants cathered to farangs next to index. Anyone care to share the menu/quality?

hey guys, dunno why this thread has died but since im back ive been looking for new places but theres no site documenting the thousands of restaurants on the east coast outside of jamie monk's random restaurant review every 3-4months.

please start posting again smile.png

i saw 3 new restaurants cathered to farangs next to index. Anyone care to share the menu/quality?

You mean like Shot's post 5 posts above yours?

• Like 1