Tb Again

Dakhar

Up date

The throat issue seems to be getting worse. I take 2 zyrtecs a day one in the morning and one at night. I have pain in the throat kind of like a burning to a bruise type sensation.

I had an ENT do a scope and he saw no lesions, just a few nudules/polyps and he stated those are normal? He said he has seen laryngeal TB before, and the sores are usually open canker like sores, I do not have anything like that. He also said that he has only seen laryngeal TB with HIV patients and they aslo have TB within the lymph nodes within the neck. I don't think I have HIV, and I am about 99.99% sure on that. He stated that in his opinion I do not have laryngeal TB.

I do not have any swolen nodes....

I just have throat pain, flegm in the throat and a little congestion in the nose (mostly at night), laryngitis develops seems to develop fairly quickly if I talk more than usual & fatigue. The odd thing is if I get a lot of sleep, the pain seems to decrease.

I will go and talk to another doctor that the ENT refered me to, he said he is the TB expert at this particular hospital.

What concerns me is we had a poster here that she stated that he TB symptoms were initially a chronic sore throat, and to be honest I think that poster is now dead. She posted under the name Soinion or something like that.

Thus far, I have no chest pain, no caugh.... wish me luck, and for those that care to pray.... say one for me, please

Edited by Dakhar

u are talking about seonai gordan but i dont know if she died... i see from her profile that she was banned maybe?

this is her webpage: http://www.tbsurvivalproject.org/

but frankly she has disappeared even from the women's forum here so i dont know what or where she is....

she had very little lung capacity etc because she discovered her tb too late (she states)....

i dont remember her mentioning sore throats etc...

now u got my curiousity up about where she went off too... i think also she was debating about doing some operation?

bina

Yes, S. Gordon you are correct. I can't imagine why she would have gotten banned. (and thank you Bina)

Any how, I went to the hospital and met a very nice doctor that spent a lot of time with me and he has great English, and in my opinion a good bed side manner.

He reviewed x-rays that have been taken over the past 5 months and said they looked OK but there was a questionable spot on the second one (second in chronological order) he ordered a 3rd and stated if it was negative he may order a CT. The 3rd came back VERY negative and he felt a CT was not needed.

Now for the not so good news:

Blood tests showed:

Normal WB cell count

Indication of Swelling

Non - viral hepatitis (and I do not drink)

The hep could be from a "fatty liver" or from the Zyrtec.

The doctor would like me to take INH but with the present liver situation he advises against it.

Meanwhile the throat of course hurts but I am off of zyrtec.... (seing how the side effects can be hepatitis and even pharygigits)

The price for todays visit 5500. I am not the type to care about such things, when it comes to health but I thought I would add that any how.

Seonai is fine, she was banned on an unrelated issue but she is stil living & getting on with her life.

I know that her tb became so serious because it took quite a long time for her to identify it, had it have been picked up in it's early stages she wouldn't not have been so crippled by it.