Jomtien Thief

Gary A

Does anyone know the European guy who just started the new place on Soi 5 Jomtien? I stayed there for two nights and returned to my home in Loei on Tuesday. I had bought a new cell phone and made the mistake of leaving it in my bag in the room. The instruction manual, ear phones and charger were in a separate zipped compartment in my bag along with a new Logitech mouse. The phone itself was in the bag. Since I wanted to get an early start, I had packed my bag so I wouldn't have to bother early the next morning. Tuesday morning I left at 7:00 AM. I had had my clothes laid out for that early in the morning. I did open the bag and put my dirty clothes in the bag. I was out of the room for about four hours during the afternoon. I thought it was a little strange that they didn't clean my room but since I still had one clean towel, I didn't complain.

The reason I am positive it was stolen was because the manual, ear phones, charger and a new computer mouse were stolen along with the phone. It was a 3110 Nokia Classic. There was nothing else of value to steal. I realize that I will never get the phone back but I want the new rookie owner to know that someone who is likely on his payroll is a thief.

What's the name of the Guest House/Hotel? Why not call the owner yourself? If you dont have any contact info, I will be in Pattaya next week, then I can stop by and talk to the owner.

What's the name of the Guest House/Hotel? Why not call the owner yourself? If you dont have any contact info, I will be in Pattaya next week, then I can stop by and talk to the owner.

Read the topic title

cheers

onzestan

It's called Cats. It is located about a hundred meters off beach road on soi 5 in Jomtien. I have no contact information and a Google search finds nothing. Soi 5 is the same soi as the Jomtien Thani hotel is on.

My room number was A-3 and my name is Gary. They have a copy of my driver's license and my passport.

Edited by Gary A

It's just sad that this happens so often here. You see the Thais all have padlocks

on their doors because they know everything that isn't bolted to the floor will

get taken. It does sound like staff. Nauseating to do over guests this way. :o

I finally got Cat's phone number. I first talked to the boss's wife and she basically called me a liar. She told me that I lost the phone and am now trying to blame Cats. I asked her to have her husband call me back. I was a bit surprised that he called given the conversation with his wife.

I told him exactly what happened and he asked why I waited four days to call. I explained to him that I happen to be 650 kilometers away and had no way to contact him. I told him that I realize that I'm not going to get the phone back but that I thought he would want to know that he very likely has a thief working for him. His reply was; "Bullshit, no one here steals". It appears that he is VERY naive and he has a lot to learn. I didn't expect him to pay for my phone but I did expect a little common courtesy. No way am I going to make a 1,300 kilometer trip to argue about a 4,500 baht theft. I DO resent being called a liar especially since I had absolutely nothing to gain by telling him.

If you have things stolen from your room here, the course of events seems to follow a pattern.

First, you discredit the victim. You were a typical drunk and crazy farang and you really don't

remember what you did. Then, they will want you out of the hotel as quickly as possible so the

problem will go away. Also it will probably be insinuated that you are having money trouble

and attempting to file false insurance claims. If called, the police will come and scribble a one

page report for you and then all is forgotten. Really makes you think twice about room security.

If you have things stolen from your room here, the course of events seems to follow a pattern.

First, you discredit the victim. You were a typical drunk and crazy farang and you really don't

remember what you did. Then, they will want you out of the hotel as quickly as possible so the

problem will go away. Also it will probably be insinuated that you are having money trouble

and attempting to file false insurance claims. If called, the police will come and scribble a one

page report for you and then all is forgotten. Really makes you think twice about room security.

Phone stolen?How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone: To

> check your Mobile ph one's serial number, key in the following Digits

> on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This

> number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere

> safe.

> When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and

> give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so

> even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally

> useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you

> know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody

> does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.