Getting Ssn For American Children Born In Thailand

My child was born in Bangkok with US + Thai citizenship. Where do I mail the information to obtain SSN?

As I recall, we applied for our son's SSN and American passport at the American Embassy at the same time..

Stoneman

From the Embassy website:

SSA Manila Contact information:

Social Security Administration

American Embassy

1131 Roxas Blvd.

Ermita

0930 Manila

Philippines

Tel: (632) 525-6614

Fax: (632) 522-1514

Email: [email protected]

First-Time Social Security Application

At ACS we can certify photocopies of documents. Customers can then attach the certified photocopies with the application form and send to the regional Social Security Administration office in Manila by registered mail.

The following documents are required for filing a new SSN application:-

(1) If a child is under 12 years of age, customers will need to bring in a parent’s valid U.S. passport, a child’s valid U.S. passport, a child’s birth certificate (if a child was born in the U.S, the U.S. birth certificate. If a child is born in Thailand, the Thai birth certificate, English translation and both documents no longer must be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before bringing the documents in to ACS. Finally, you must also have the child’s Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued at the U.S. Embassy (if a child’s born in Thailand). A child does not need to appear in person for this.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/feder...-and-taxes.html

Thank you, Rito!

From the Embassy website:
SSA Manila Contact information:

Social Security Administration

American Embassy

1131 Roxas Blvd.

Ermita

0930 Manila

Philippines

Tel: (632) 525-6614

Fax: (632) 522-1514

Email: [email protected]

First-Time Social Security Application

At ACS we can certify photocopies of documents. Customers can then attach the certified photocopies with the application form and send to the regional Social Security Administration office in Manila by registered mail.

The following documents are required for filing a new SSN application:-

(1) If a child is under 12 years of age, customers will need to bring in a parent's valid U.S. passport, a child's valid U.S. passport, a child's birth certificate (if a child was born in the U.S, the U.S. birth certificate. If a child is born in Thailand, the Thai birth certificate, English translation and both documents no longer must be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before bringing the documents in to ACS. Finally, you must also have the child's Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued at the U.S. Embassy (if a child's born in Thailand). A child does not need to appear in person for this.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/feder...-and-taxes.html

My child was born in Bangkok with US + Thai citizenship. Where do I mail the information to obtain SSN?

Correct about mailing information appilcation to the Philippines. I did this 4 years ago for my son and it went off without a hitch. Took about 3-4 weeks and was sent to our home in Thailand.

Cheers