Domain Names Are Not Permitted For Usernames.

ZZZ

I was just reading a thread that was closed as the OP was using a domain name as his login name.

The thread was http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=189369&hl=

The name used by the OP was BangkokFightClub

If adding www. and .com to this name you will get to a web site, is this the definition of a domain name?

If this is the case my own name "ZZZ" is also a domain name, so is "Reimar" who is the moderator who closed this thread.

Just confused :o

By definition a domain name has to include the ".com", ".org", etc. after it, not necessarily the www.

You're correct in saying, though, that most existing usernames would become domain names if you added .com after them, so I'm not really sure what Reimar means in that thread. If the user's username was bangkokfightclub.com then his post would at least make a bit more sense.

Edited by dantilley

That particular member has been using his member name as an advert for his website and in many of his other posts (that have slipped through unnoticed), his "signature" does include the .com.

So, in effect he is trying to use TV (in a way) as a way to advertise (for free) his mixed martial arts training studio in Bangkok.

I'm sure once the Mods review some of his other posts (notably in the Sports, Hobbies, Activities forum), there will be some more editing/closures/???

Where is Jai "The Eraser" Dee when you need him ! :o

Guest Reimar

His Signature was his user name and the .com extension.

On the other hand his user name is exactly the same as his business and Website name without the .com extension.

From the Forum Rules:

Domain names and email addresses are not permitted for usernames.

The member also promoted his business in public forum several times.

I informed the member by PM and asked him to contact [email protected] if he like to keep his name otherwise contact Admin to change his name.

Any complaints on this, please feel free to contact admin.

Cheers.

His Signature was his user name and the .com extension.

On the other hand his user name is exactly the same as his business and Website name without the .com extension.

From the Forum Rules:

Domain names and email addresses are not permitted for usernames.

The member also promoted his business in public forum several times.

I informed the member by PM and asked him to contact [email protected] if he like to keep his name otherwise contact Admin to change his name.

Any complaints on this, please feel free to contact admin.

Cheers.

He is suspended pending a name change application