Visa Extension At Mae Sot

I apologise if this has been covered before but I did a search and nothing came up.

Has anyone done a visa extension at Mae Sot near Tak?

I am on a living with my Thai child extension and though it is a fair way from renewal I usually do it at Suan Phlu and I was wondering if it could be done at Mae Sot as it is only a couple of hours travel away instead of 5 hours to Bangkok.

Cheers

edited for dreadful spelling again

Edited by billd766

I would be surprised if you could extend at Mae Sot but why not give Tak a call?

Tak 0-5553-1316, 0-5553-4844

I go to Mae Sot for my 90 runs and if there is any tension on the border I give Tak a quick call to find out if the bridge is open.

They have always been friendly and polite.

Edited by apetley

I would be surprised if you could extend at Mae Sot but why not give Tak a call?

Tak 0-5553-1316, 0-5553-4844

I go to Mae Sot for my 90 runs and if there is any tension on the border I give Tak a quick call to find out if the bridge is open.

They have always been friendly and polite.

I just assumed that it would be at Mae Sot and never thought about Tak which is a lot closer but they are closed today anyway for the holiday.

Thank you for the advice. :o:D

If I understand correctly the OP is looking for an extension of an existing visa?

So the status of the bridge is irrelevant as there is no need to leave the country.

If I understand correctly the OP is looking for an extension of an existing visa?

So the status of the bridge is irrelevant as there is no need to leave the country.

Thats right. I was just saying that he, like me, should call Tak Immigration if he wants any info.

Me to find out if the bridge is open, he to find out about his extension.