Claiming Tax Back For Working In Ireland

Hi,

Worked in ireland or a while and I am due back some tax. I was going to use a tax agent to do this - has anybody done this before know/recommend any companies found one on the web www.taxback.com anybody used these guys? kno anything about them

found one on the web www.taxback.com anybody used these guys? kno anything about them

I'm due back tax in the UK, and are also wondering if anyone had any experiences with them? Otherwise, I'd assume it's straightforward to apply yourself?

/J

When I returned to the UK first time I worked in Thailand I popped into my local tax office as I was passing - got 2400GBP back which was a nice surprise - they helped and did all the forms.

When I returned to the UK first time I worked in Thailand I popped into my local tax office as I was passing - got 2400GBP back which was a nice surprise - they helped and did all the forms.

Excellent - then I'm sure that it would be possilbe to apply for this whilst in Thailand as well. I will contact my local tax office and find out....

BTW, I've tried the live chat of taxback.com, and they charge 17% (+VAT) of your tax refund money, which I consider to be on the hefty side. Researching them on Yahoo Answers and the US National Better Business Bureau on the web, there are notifications about people getting the money ok, but there have been a number of unresolved complaints about them and the BBB has put a "unsatisfactory" rating on them therefore. However one should be wary about certain things like the signing of a POA for them to recieve the funds and transfer to a worldwide bank account (is it compliable with UK tax laws and regulations?). Furthermore, I don't feel too comfortable with the idea to hand over all the most intimate ID details on an Internet based commercial private company/organisation like P45, P60, work and residence history, personal details, citizenship, bank account details etc.

Edited by RonD

Excellent - then I'm sure that it would be possilbe to apply for this whilst in Thailand as well. I will contact my local tax office and find out....

BTW, I've tried the live chat of taxback.com, and they charge 17% (+VAT) of your tax refund money, which I consider to be on the hefty side. Researching them on Yahoo Answers, there are notifications about people getting the money back all ok. However one should be wary about certain things like the signing of a POA for them to recieve the funds and transfer to a worldwide bank account (is it compliable with UK tax laws and regulations?). Furthermore, I don't feel too comfortable with the idea to hand over all the most intimate ID details on an Internet based commercial private company/organisation like P45, P60, work and residence history, personal details, citizen ship, bank account details etc.

Give it a go yourself - I was in the UK though but was surprised how helpful they were. They even let me sign the form saying I was leaving the country a year earlier and the one saying I was back there and then - took a couple of weeks for the money but they told me right away what its was and it was 2800 GBP not 2400 if I remember correctly.

I told them I earned naff all while I had been away and they did not seem to care a jot.