Flummoxed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...15/MN236865.DTL

http://www.anti-slavery.com/news/press-cov...3/w11-24-03.htm

Lets face it... what chance have decent Farangs got of not being dismissed immediately as being a sex tourist?

I know I'm reading too many of these articles but it's starting to get me down.

So what your saying is if your a Farang Your a Sex tourist?? Cmon give me a break. I'm half thai and half farang and my wife's family never thought i was a sex tourist. either was my father thought of that way.

It always takes two hands to clap..........I think they should blame BOTH parties, the German and also the women who were willing to sleep with him for a measly 4000THB. I find it appalling. :o

Not all farangs in TH are bad ......same as everywhere else in the world. :D

It always takes two hands to clap..........I think they should blame BOTH parties, the German and also the women who were willing to sleep with him for a measly 4000THB. I find it appalling. :D

They weren't yet women. Put yourself in those girls shoes, when would be the next time that they would have so much cash?

It's a shame that he didn't lose more than just a leg. :o

From what I've heard about the way things work culturally, I can emphasise with the schoolgirls agreeing to it. Here's what I've been told in a nutshell:

1. Girl at school meets possible Thai husband suitor.

2. Start relationship, she gets laid then ditched.

3. Virginity gone, nothing special to save so why bother.

4. Pressure from media to be "hi-so" with expensive mobiles, designer clothes, annoying fckin radio adverts that tell people to shop in expensive, overrated malls with retarded slogans like "Your life with style" etc.

5. This dodgy prick comes along flashing an easy 4,000 baht. Temptation builds and builds - Why not?

IMHO, #2 happens all over the world. People can take action about #4 and #5...

Why would he admit it, then refuse a test?

Could he be playing a game. Skint German Selling a story to the media, which is not disprovable?

Is there any conclusive evidence even at this stage? And do we know if his wife didn't give it to him for sure?

I stopped reading our thread, so apologies if this is over old ground.

Slightly older but related topic on the BBC site

I remember about 20-30 years ago a lot of so called intels.also went along with similar stupid notions but at least common sense finally prevailed (or has it...and me an x-pape and altar boy to boot)

These are Thailands future leaders....G.H.em :o

Thai students block condom plan

Thai university student leaders say they have voted against government proposals to put condom machines on campuses.

The Secretary General of the Students Union Network, Vitoon Chomchaipol, said Thailand's Health Ministry plans would encourage casual sex, and were therefore not the best way to fight the problem of Aids.

The proposal comes as the ministry warned on Thursday that young Thais were currently the section of society facing the highest risk of HIV in the country and that rates among this age group were rising due to unsafe sex.

We are concerned that with easy access to condoms, the majority, who are reluctant now, will jump onto the (casual sex) bandwagon

Vitoon Chomchaipol, student union leader

The ministry has already installed thousands of condom dispensers in restaurants, bars and department stores.

"We totally don't agree with the plan. It's not necessary and not suitable as it could mislead students to believe that teachers approve of them having sex," Mr Vitoon told the French news agency AFP.

"Casual sex is a problem involving a small group of students," The Nation newspaper quoted Mr Vitoon as saying.

"We are concerned that with easy access to condoms, the majority, who are reluctant now, will jump onto the bandwagon," he said.

Some 78,000 Thai youth aged 15 to 24 were currently HIV-positive due to unsafe sex practices, the Health Ministry survey found.

One million of Thailand's 63 million people are Aids/HIV positive. :D

They weren't yet women. Put yourself in those girls shoes, when would be the next time that they would have so much cash?

Gazza.......these are COLLEGE girls we are talking about, not primary school kids. Sorry mate, my opinion is that if money was all they were after, I think they are materialistic. Its also a VERY measly sum of THB4000. Use their heads, if a guy pays you to have UNPROTECTED sex....warning bells should start ringing :D . Come on! College girls??? :D

You could say it is ignorance, it could also be greed.....no one would ever know :o . Once again I reiterate, it always takes 2 hands to clap.

Maybe it's about time the Thai Govt opened their eyes, admit their bad social influences and try to educate their younger generation on HIV AIDS and STDs.

Gazza.......these are COLLEGE girls we are talking about, not primary school kids. Sorry mate, my opinion is that if money was all they were after, I think they are materialistic. Its also a VERY measly sum of THB4000. Use their heads, if a guy pays you to have UNPROTECTED sex....warning bells should start ringing :o . Come on! College girls??? :D

please forgive me of criticizing you being extremely naive!

I hope that you are only 20+ years of age, meaning that you might learn in future.

4000baht!!! yes! only one night-out's money!!! (for you!!!!! or me!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

meemiathai......I am not naive. I dont expect you to agree with me, thats my opinion.

I am also not 20+(maybe thats your preference) nor as ignorant as you. Learn what in future? Not to sell myself??? I dont need to learn that, I will never do it.

Dont call me naive, its the college girls who are "naive"....paid unprotected sex??? Even 13-15 year olds from my country know better. If the Thai college girls want to sell themselves cheaply, thats their problem. To complain after that??? It is really their own fault. No one put a gun to their head and forced them.........the force of money is powerful enough. :o

Dosh isn't important if your not around to spend it! Anyone silly enuf to not protect themselves in this day and age deserves what they get.

Maybe you can learn from Brit's comments.......have you seen a pic of the guy???

I really do not need your "teachings" as I used to work for UN HIV AIDS. We had a hard time trying to educate the sexworkers let alone the college girls.

meemiathai......yes it is very sad!!! sad that we cannot do anything to help people who do not want to be helped...............whose sole purpose in life is money. They do not appreciate us, they just want monetary assistance. so you are right, VERY SAD

Its good that you see that! :o

sure sure meemiathai........you are obviously a man who needs to get the last word in....whatever you say.

As I said, there are always 2 sides to a story. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. No one has asked you to agree and no one can make you.

You indicate I am immature? Thats good!! coming from a man who has nothing to say except make sarcastic comments about people's views and try to guess one's age. Kudos to you! :o

Your user id says it all......... :D Cheers!

Some 78,000 Thai youth aged 15 to 24 were currently HIV-positive due to unsafe sex practices, the Health Ministry survey found.

One million of Thailand's 63 million people are Aids/HIV positive.

meemiathai......yes it is very sad!!! sad that we cannot do anything to help people who do not want to be helped...............whose sole purpose in life is money. They do not appreciate us, they just want monetary assistance. so you are right, VERY SAD

Its good that you see that! :D

Its good that you see what I mean! :D

let me guess, you are 18, female, asian, educated in the west? :o

let me guess, you are 18, female, asian, educated in the west? 
sure meemiathai, if thats your preference for women.....

Your below statements are very contradictory...........

QUOTE (SK1972 @ Thu 2004-10-21, 13:05:23)

Its good that you see that!  

Its good that you see what I mean!

QUOTE (SK1972 @ Thu 2004-10-21, 09:44:21)

Gazza.......these are COLLEGE girls we are talking about, not primary school kids. Sorry mate, my opinion is that if money was all they were after, I think they are materialistic. Its also a VERY measly sum of THB4000. Use their heads, if a guy pays you to have UNPROTECTED sex....warning bells should start ringing  . Come on! College girls??? 

please forgive me of criticizing you being extremely naive!

I hope that you are only 20+ years of age, meaning that you might learn in future.

4000baht!!! yes! only one night-out's money!!! (for you!!!!! or me!!!!!!!!!!!!!)