Is It Any Wonder...

Flummoxed

It's not surprising given your narrow-mindedness and lack of appreciation for a different country's culture and economic status.

Here we ago.............yet another farang trying to educate people on Asian culture!!! :o Its soooooooo typical. They think they have lived in Asia for the past 10-20 years and they have the right to educate everyone about the Asian culture. Have you ever lived anywhere else besides Thailand and wherever it is you are from?

Duh John...............majority were Thai people in the team trying to help them you know??? Are you saying the Thais do not know their own culture??? :D

Economic status?..........Thaksin seems to think Thailand's economy is booming.... :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean I've guessed it right that you are asian?

I am asian too. lived in hk 35rs already.

You indicate I am immature?
no.
except make sarcastic comments about people's views
didn't know about being sarcastic. But if so, they were meant good intent.

I am also not 20+

I realize that I am wrong. 10+ is my guess now.

meemiathai, I think you did..............

Its all right, no harm done. I like a bit of banter once in a while. Yes I am Asian and I hate it when farangs try to educate me on Asian culture. :o

Other than that, I also get hate emails assuming I am a jealous, fat, ugly farang woman who is here and cannot get a man as they prefer Thai women :D Ass u me.... :D

As I always said, there is too much <deleted> going on in this world for us to worry about what others think of us. To each their own opinion

All water under the bridge now........cheers!

I am also not 20+

I realize that I am wrong. 10+ is my guess now.

meemiathai, I think you did..............

Its all right, no harm done. I like a bit of banter once in a while. Yes I am Asian and I hate it when farangs try to educate me on Asian culture. :o

Other than that, I also get hate emails assuming I am a jealous, fat, ugly farang woman who is here and cannot get a man as they prefer Thai women :D Ass u me.... :D

As I always said, there is too much <deleted> going on in this world for us to worry about what others think of us. To each their own opinion

All water under the bridge now........cheers!

Good Attitude SK :D

Cheers IamMaic.......I like to wind people up sometimes..........especially those that take everything to heart and are sooooo overly sensitive. :o

Yeah you did say I was a good looking dog once but i forgive you (kidding) :D

Yeah some people don't know how to have fun and let loose and just be themselves Have to try to be something their not just to impress other people but like I always say you only live once

At a recent Pattaya Expats Club meeting the Catholic Father managing the Chon Buri HIV/AIDS Hospice stated that he personally knows of a least 30 HIV positive falang males in the area who are still active sexually without protection with bar girls. Now please tell me more about Thai's bad mouthing falangs and as the Father was saying; be warned...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3751964.stm

I know there's a thread about this guy already but just read his comments. Is it any wonder Farangs are regarded with incredulity. What a Tw@t. :o

Tell the cops that he's a drug dealer and boom boom. Solved.

That don't sound good Doc :D

If he has done half of what h's said to have done, that'd be too good for him.

Catholic Father managing the Chon Buri HIV/AIDS Hospice stated that he personally knows of a least 30 HIV positive falang males in the area who are still active sexually without protection with bar girls

A Catholic priest told you that??? No wonder I am not Catholic anymore. :o

Its not only the farangs simple, there are other people, both men and women doing that too!!

It's not surprising given your narrow-mindedness and lack of appreciation for a different country's culture and economic status.

Here we ago.............yet another farang trying to educate people on Asian culture!!! :o Its soooooooo typical. They think they have lived in Asia for the past 10-20 years and they have the right to educate everyone about the Asian culture. Have you ever lived anywhere else besides Thailand and wherever it is you are from?

Duh John...............majority were Thai people in the team trying to help them you know??? Are you saying the Thais do not know their own culture??? :D

Economic status?..........Thaksin seems to think Thailand's economy is booming.... :D

You're citing Thaksin as a reference? LOL ! ! That shoots your credibility.

Its also a VERY measly sum of THB4000.
Obviously you lack knowledge of Issan and what a typical family there earns. That amount can equal up to two months of income. To put it in perspective, the American median household income: $43,057 (Census Bureau) / 6 (2 months) = $7,176. Do you think someone could talk an American teen into having sex for $7,000?... My guess is you'd have a lot of takers.

Can you understand what poverty may drive someone to do?

The average amount of pocket money for American children in a year is more than the total annual income of the world's half-billion poorest people. (Fact-finder.com)

these are COLLEGE girls we are talking about
If the Thai college girls want to sell themselves cheaply, thats their problem.
WRONG!!! unless they were all gifted and advanced students
From the BBC article:

Residents in Chaiyaphum said Mr Schiemann offered students aged from 15 to 17

I don't try to educate anyone on Asian culture, unless their statements are so out of whack with reality that it raises my interest.

Have I lived elsewhere? I've visited 27 countries and lived in 7 countries (for greater than 6 months). How about you?

On your team, were you in any supervisory position? If so, I dare say your myopic vision of things would reflect and likely impede any education conducted by others. How much time was given to the people in the HIV education? Where in Thailand was this done?

They do not appreciate us

Just a smidgen condescending??

John....I was being sarcastic about the Thaksin statement, did you NOT catch it?? :o

On your team, were you in any supervisory position? If so, I dare say your myopic vision of things would reflect and likely impede any education conducted by others. How much time was given to the people in the HIV education? Where in Thailand was this done?
Yes, I was one of the "supervisors". If they are so easily influenced by little ole me.....that says a lot for their own abilities!!! They have their OWN brains, do they not??? We spent about 5 years in Bangkok, if you must know (areas such as Pat Pong, Nana and Cowboy). First 2 years was completely frustrating and after that I just became immune. No point in helping those who do not want help when they have a new farang to support them. What have YOU done to try to help them??

I stand by my remark that they do not appreciate us as they only come to us when they need money. That's real gratitude for you....when it's a good day for them, they tell us to F*** off......go figure! Pray, tell me what have you done for those "poor Issan women" then? Let me guess, marry one of them? Kudos to you, you managed to save one poor soul!

If you think college girls wanting to sell themselves are NOT a problem and it's NOT their fault, then you are naive! Always 2 sides to a story. Some may HAVE to do it and some may WANT to do it......good and bad in every country.

Are you trying to say the non-gifted ones should not go to college or should use it as an excuse to sell themselves?? :D

Once again, I think you are a farang and just because you have lived here, you think you can educate me on the Thai culture??? I am Asian and I know how Asia works better than you. Unlike you, I dont need to boast about where I have been or how many countries I have lived in....my work with UN requires me to work and travel a lot.

You believe your own beliefs and I will believe my own, I dont expect you to agree with me.

Let's leave it at that shall we?? Or do you have to make everyone agree with you?

meemiathai........what crawled up your ass?? You make very ignorant remarks....since when do you have to be influential to join UN?? Qualification and experience is what is required. Join my father's company??? You must be mad, what gave you the indication my father has a company??? I just cant stand people who think they know everything and "personalise" their comments to include family, soooo IMMATURE. :o Are you sure you dont need a shrink??

Oh yeah, I forgot......you are a "Hong Kee".......so thats your culture.....to work for your family and the family has to be influential, more so with the merge with China. Good for you then!

tell me what have you done for those "poor Issan women" then? Let me guess, marry one of them? Kudos to you, you managed to save one poor soul!

Since you enjoy castigating others (meemiathai) for the same thing, I'll just let your answer to him to stand as my answer.

:D Ass u me....   :D
btw, just to clarify, you're wrong.
We spent about 5 years in Bangkok, if you must know (areas such as Pat Pong, Nana and Cowboy). First 2 years was completely frustrating and after that I just became immune. No point in helping those who do not want help when they have a new farang to support them.

Perhaps it would have been better to allow someone else to finish the last 3 years as you apparently had given up at the 2 year mark.

Are you trying to say the non-gifted ones should not go to college or should use it as an excuse to sell themselves?? :o

If you read my post just a BIT more carefully, you should have been able to figure out that the WRONG point I was making was that they were NOT college girls (refer to the original BBC article which stated their ages were 15 to 17). I did include the small italic print after WRONG! recognizing that remote possibility that the only "college girls" that I know who were 15 to 17 were gifted and advanced students.
Once again, I think you are a farang and just because you have lived here, you think you can educate me on the Thai culture??? I am Asian and I know how Asia works better than you.

Yes, I am farang...and yes I do think I can educate you about Thailand on at least a few points, particularly the economic status of people of Issan which you apparently NEED to be educated on. You may be Asian, but that certainly doesn't qualify you to be any more knowledgeable about Thailand. By using your logic, I as a person from Chicago should be able to know how an Incan lives in Peru, because, afterall, we're both Americans. I'd be the first to admit that I have limited knowledge of their culture and economy. Perhaps you should do the same regarding Thailand. How many countries are there in Asia? How many people? How many different cultures? It's simply very myopic to say "I'm Asian and I know Asia," particularly when your comments contradict that.

Unlike you, I dont need to boast about where I have been or how many countries I have lived in....my work with UN requires me to work and travel a lot.
I wasn't boasting, but merely giving a factual answer to YOUR question.
You believe your own beliefs and I will believe my own, I dont expect you to agree with me.

Let's leave it at that shall we??

That's fine... as I said earlier, the only reason I responded in the first place was because your comments were so out of whack with reality. If you desire to remain there, that's your business. Can't enlighten someone who refuses it.

Perhaps it would have been better to allow someone else to finish the last 3 years as you apparently had been given up at the 2 year mark.

Even the THAI staff gave up on them, you dont know what went on there so you do not have the right to say anything. Have you done anything of the sort personally??? :D  I doubt it. Dont assume what went on when you have no f*****G clue.

I dont think my remarks are "out of whack" as you put it. You may be "emotionally" involved in this, may it be your gf or wife is from there. Emotions tend to cloud one's judgement. You may not see the whole picture/reality (as you so nicely put it). There are enough "sob stories" going around as it is.

FYI, if you read the thread properly, meemiathai started it again. It was all water under the bridge until he became "overlysensitive" again. Men always have to get the last word in! :o and take things soooo personal....thing is, the topic wasnt even about them!! Go figure......

Yes, I am farang...and yes I do think I can educate you about Thailand on at least a few points, particularly the economic status of people of Issan which you apparently NEED to be educated on.

You have been here what?.........15-20 years?? NO thanks, I would prefer a more "balanced View" from my Issan friends! :D

Can't enlighten someone who refuses it.

I agree whole heartedly with your above statement, especially those who only want to live in fantasyland. :D

No.... there are always THREE sides to every story.... The first side's story, the second side's story... and the Truth

I totally agree with the above. Its Friday and a long weekend. I dont fancy a banter so let's just forget the whole matter and enjoy!

You have reasons to your views and I have mine. Mutual respect for each others views....man enough to do that?

I dont think my remarks are "out of whack" as you put it. You may be "emotionally" involved in this, may it be your gf or wife is from there.
Sigh... I repeat once again, you "ASS-U-ME" too much.

My connection to Issan is, after travelling there, simply having compassion for those less fortunate than myself. I would suggest you try having some of that, but it seems you're too burned out. However, you should avoid pecking at those that aren't.

NO thanks, I would prefer a more "balanced View" from my Issan friends!

If you take nothing else from this thread, PLEASE ask them if they agree that 4,000 baht is a "VERY measly" amount of money in Issan. Or even better, go there yourself and observe.

SJ.....I said you MAY (not have) be emotionally inclined to Issan.............that's not an assumption. :D

My Issan friends all work in Bangkok (nor bargirls) and to some of them THB4000 is measly to be selling oneself and to contract HIV. :D That was the original thread posted. I have been to Issan with my friends so don't tell me to go there myself, you ASSUME.............dont throw stones when you live in a glass house! :o

As I said before, you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I dont think we have to the RIGHT to say who is wrong and who is right ...... :D

I reiterate.........

You have reasons to your views and I have mine. Mutual respect for each others views....man enough to do that?

Sk1972-you making mates again? :D I leave you alone for 2 minutes and I come back to 2 more pages.

I don't care how much anyone would offer me to have unprotected shag, if they offer this to you then they obviously done this countless times before. You might as well play Russian Roulette- might even have better odds. :o

My Issan friends all work in Bangkok (nor bargirls) and to some of them THB4000 is measly to be selling oneself and to contract HIV. :o  That was the original thread posted. I have been to Issan with my friends so don't tell me to go there myself, you ASSUME
The only reason I assumed was that your comments reflected that you had not been there. Referring to the original post, the incident occured IN Issan, not BKK. Ask your friends if they think 4,000 baht is a "VERY measly" (your words) amount of money IN Issan. When you went to Issan did you happen to encounter any poverty there? Did you encounter any resident throwing around 4,000 baht like it was a paltry sum? Did you meet anyone who toiled for hours with farmwork for next to nothing and lived under the most arduous of conditions? If you truly visited Issan, these questions are of course, redundant and self-evident.

Views, yes everyone is entitle to their own. When dealing with fairly straightforward facts, however, the truth is the truth.

15-17 are not college students.

Issan is rife with poverty.

Being Asian doesn't make you knowledgeable on the whole of Asia.

etc.

I don't care how much anyone would offer me to have unprotected shag, if they offer this to you then they obviously done this countless times before. You might as well play Russian Roulette- might even have better odds. :o

Agreed, but to the under-educated and very poor and very young in a rural setting in Issan, it's more understandable that their judgement might not be as well thought out as ours.

Obviously there is shared responsibility for these incidents, but to me, the onus is on the vile, predatory nature of the revengeful man.

The only reason I ASSUMED was that your comments reflected that you had not been there. Referring to the original post, the incident occured IN Issan, not BKK. Ask your friends if they think 4,000 baht is a "VERY measly" (your words) amount of money IN Issan. When you went to Issan did you happen to encounter any poverty there? Did you encounter any resident throwing around 4,000 baht like it was a paltry sum? Did you meet anyone who toiled for hours with farmwork for next to nothing and lived under the most arduous of conditions? If you truly visited Issan, these questions are of course, redundant and self-evident
There you go with your assumptions again john.........tsk tsk :o .....for a person who says I assume, you seem to assume a lot too. I now know you have an emotional attachment to Issan, not just an assumption now!! Deny it all you want.......no one would know the truth.

Poverty is EVERYWHERE in the world...even USA........not only in Issan. FYI Thailand is not considered the poorest country in the world you know.

I have been to Issan, I dont have to lie about it, do you??? I have walked the fields bare footed, helped in their toil and labour and etc. Which part of Issan have you gone to?? Not EVERY inch of Issan is poor and certainly not everyone in Chaiyaphum (where the incident is) is poor!! Have you seen some of the houses there?? My father-in-law has a house in Chaiyaphum, if you must know.

Your words

Can't enlighten someone who refuses it.

Soooooooooo soooooooooooo true.

riterate for the 2nd time.......

No.... there are always THREE sides to every story.... The first side's story, the second side's story... and the Truth

Brit.........I didnt attempt to "make friends"............some people just get very emotional and sensitive about things.....which actually wasnt even about them. If you read my posts........I did try very hard to stop it.........but some wont even stop........selective reading..... or is it the male chauvanistic attitude?:D

I now know you have an emotional attachment to Issan, not just an assumption now!!  Deny it all you want.......no one would know the truth.
No need to deny it, I freely admit to having compassion, which is indeed an emotion and one in which you would benefit greatly from.
......some people just get very emotional and sensitive about things...

it's called having a heart and you apparently are in need of a transplant.....

I did try very hard to stop it.........but some wont even stop........
Establishing the truth is worth the effort.
or is it the male chauvanistic attitude?

No, establishing the truth is a common trait in many women, too.... but not apparently in your case.

Re-post, just in case this wasnt read................ :o

Views, yes everyone is entitle to their own. When dealing with fairly straightforward facts, however, the truth is the truth.

15-17 are not college students.

Issan is rife with poverty.

Being Asian doesn't make you knowledgeable on the whole of Asia.

etc.

Posted again for your re-reading as well.

Obviously someone is only happy ONLY if everyone else shares HIS views........figures :D

Who are you to say what's the TRUTH??? Just because you have travelled there, you know everything??? OPEN your eyes and mind, please. :o

You have no respect for anyone elses views except yours!! Typical Yank.....who is your President again?? LMAO :D