Auto Sign

retiredusn

Guest Reimar
When I turned my computer on it used to auto sign in but now I have to use a username/password, how to I get it back to auto sign-in? Thank You

As long as you use an password, you'll need to sign in. Disable/delete that password and you can auto sign in.

Cheers.

I have another problem.

When I start my computer it boots up until a logo is there with my name beside it.

I have to click the logo to enable the computer to finally boot into Windows XP.

How can I change this so the computer boots up without clicking that logo ?

Hello :o

When you are loged on to XP, click "Start" then "Run" and type the followng command:

control userpasswords2

There is a "2" there, that is correct, and no space between "userpasswords" and "2".

Hit enter, and the "user accounts" thingy will open.

Highlight the user name you want to log on with (single click it) and then UNCHECK the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" thing.

Click "Apply" and it will ask your logon password, enter it twice, then click "OK".

Done.

Best regards......

Thanh

Hello :o

When you are loged on to XP, click "Start" then "Run" and type the followng command:

control userpasswords2

There is a "2" there, that is correct, and no space between "userpasswords" and "2".

Hit enter, and the "user accounts" thingy will open.

Highlight the user name you want to log on with (single click it) and then UNCHECK the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" thing.

Click "Apply" and it will ask your logon password, enter it twice, then click "OK".

Done.

Best regards......Thanh

Thank all...............J