The Riverside

Puwa

I went by the Riverside today and was surprised to see it all packed up and empty, having relocated across the street. Does anyone know if this is a temporary or permanent move? What is going to happen to the site on the bank of the river? That place is a real Chiang Mai institution.

I went by the Riverside today and was surprised to see it all packed up and empty, having relocated across the street. Does anyone know if this is a temporary or permanent move? What is going to happen to the site on the bank of the river? That place is a real Chiang Mai institution.

They did it to prevent becoming known as "Riverslide"?

I post this partly in jest but there are some of us out here who are getting the feeling that moving away from water run-offs and flood zones may be an exercise in good judgment.

Heard a rumor that the move is permanent as the owners won't renew the lease - perhaps should be renamed from Riverside to Roadside

Hope the rumor proves to be not true. The Good View's food is not as good and I doubt I'll be following the Riverside across the street. There's just no reason to go to a restaurant that's near restaurants on the river. What else is good down there beside The Brasserie on a late Saturday night?

Not sure of the what is happening currently, but the freeholder of the property offered to lease it to me a couple of years ago. She expressed some considerable dissatisfaction with the state of affairs at that time.

Not sure of the what is happening currently, but the freeholder of the property offered to lease it to me a couple of years ago. She expressed some considerable dissatisfaction with the state of affairs at that time.

huh?

Rarinjda (the spa across the street) has bought the property and will open a "fine dining" restaurant in the section of Riverside which now has been closed down (well, it was in april).

The "thai" side of Riverside is still open, as well as the boat paddy, and a new second floor has also been built. And across the street where the parking used to be they've created a new section which is pretty nice - take a look.