Need To Lose Wait Urgently

PrBkkPr

• 1 month later...

hrmm... i know you claim otherwise but i think you could use some counselling OP. there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, and if you are getting so stressed out about something as shallow as image then you may want to step back and take a look at your life. there are people out there with real problems. if you are healthy, have a good job, and are in a good relationship, you are doing just fine. you might have some sort of binge eating problem but you certainly are not overweight. try having another look at your priorities, and do something like yoga which can balance out not just your physical but emotional state.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am a 24 year old male of normel life. I do not smoke and I do not drink but my problem is that I have a sweet tooth and whenever i am stressed or depressed I reach out for sweet comfort foods like chocolates, cakes, etc.

I put on about 22 kg...I am now 98 kg and my waist has ballooned to about 42 inches and I feel so bloated. Really need help to go back to 34 inches waist or 72 kg or even better 28 inch waists. does anyone have any suggestions that can give me instant results. Also any suggestions on appetite suppressants as I always feel hungry for comfort foods when I am stress or anxious.

Being gay makes things worst as there is so much pressure to look good . Please help.

Thank,s :o

You dont need appetite suppresants, you need to exercise effectively and make better food choices.

Functional strength training, eating light, eating often, of the RIGH food, and creating a daily exercise habit is whats needed.

The day you create positive lifestyle changes, you will see the results! The results are many, and diverse, feeling sof self esteem, confidence and losing fat will all contribute a new positive self image.

Unfortunately, there is no quick fix solution, nothing will give you instant physical fat loss. Committment, dedication and a change of lifestyle is what you need to focus your efforts on.

If you need more advice, feel free to contact us directly, we are here to help.

You dont need appetite suppresants, you need to exercise effectively and make better food choices.

Functional strength training, eating light, eating often, of the RIGH food, and creating a daily exercise habit is whats needed.

The day you create positive lifestyle changes, you will see the results! The results are many, and diverse, feeling sof self esteem, confidence and losing fat will all contribute a new positive self image.

this man does not have a weight problem , he has a psychological problem.

am starting a regimen of xenical, and an appetite suppressant today and got a nutritionists form Chiva Som to work out a strict regiment diest including two weeks of juicing (but no sugar rich fruits or vegetables) and thereafter a gradual built up to fat and sugar free solid foods. Also, my doctor has started intravenous L-carnithine injections and I am starting to jog this evenning at Lumpini and did about 15 sit-ups. My bf, best friend, my driver and my staff are providing me with the moral support and my mum is flying in a few days time to also assists.

I am also considering doing thermage at Apex as it supposedly works wonders but is painful and also lipolysis at targetted waist points.

advising a man who talks like this (with your tired mantras of psycho babble) to concentrate on his perceived cosmetic needs is wrong in this case . its his obsession with his appearance that needs attention.

whilst your services might be suitable for some people , they are certainly not suitable for him and you are just compounding his problems.

Increase the visits to the head doctor.

is the best advice for this man.

Yes tax exile, agreed, its all important, but simply telling someone they are nuts and need to see a head doctor isn't really the most proactive approach to getting someone to see the light and change their attitude, self perceptions and lifestyle!

Getting someone to make a few simple lifestyle changes, and achieving some small results will do far more for the attitude and self esteem.

Their results were a direct result of specific tangible changes that they made themselves. Puts them, in control, not anyone else.

Accountability is key.

Edited by FITCORPASIA

Hi, I am a 24 year old male of normel life. I do not smoke and I do not drink but my problem is that I have a sweet tooth and whenever i am stressed or depressed I reach out for sweet comfort foods like chocolates, cakes, etc.

I put on about 22 kg...I am now 98 kg and my waist has ballooned to about 42 inches and I feel so bloated. Really need help to go back to 34 inches waist or 72 kg or even better 28 inch waists. does anyone have any suggestions that can give me instant results. Also any suggestions on appetite suppressants as I always feel hungry for comfort foods when I am stress or anxious.

Being gay makes things worst as there is so much pressure to look good . Please help.

Thank,s :o

Your problem is very common. It is starting to be recognized that a high percentage of overweight people suffer from specific eating disorders, e.g. binge eating, night eating syndrome. The underlying cause of these disorders is not yet well understood but it appears to be a complex interplay of both biochemical and physchological factors and possibly endocrine as well (abnormalities of glucose metabolism or abnormal response to insulin etc).

The good news is that after eons of just telling people to either "have will power"or see a shrink (which while it can have many benefits, often fails to cure compulsive eating) there is finally some serious attention being given to these problems and I believe that within the next decade they will emerge as recognized disorders with some concrete treatments.

The bad news is that as yet there is not much on offer.

Some people find the herb Stevia helpful in controlling food cravings. Avoiding processed carbs like the plague (anything with sugar added, pasta, white rice, white bread etc) is helpful; for some people even brown rice/brown bread needs to be avoided. Carbs will set off the craving cycle in susceptible people in a big way. As you have probably already learned, it is easier for people with this problem to not start with these foods than it is to eat them in moderation.

SSRIs (anti-deprrssents e.g. Paxil, Zolofty) help some people. One theory is that this type of compulsive eating is actually an attempt at self-medication in response to low levels of serotonin iand perhaps other key neurotransmitters n the brain...which is why the problem is worse during times of dstress and depression.

Regular exercise will certainly benefit your health and may result in some weight loss, but in my experience an exercise regimen alone isn't going to enable someone with a compulsive eating disorder to reach their desired weight. However, from a health standpoint, recent data suggests that overwieght people who are otherwise fit do pretty well i.e. regular exercise can enable you to get away with more weight than would otherwise be healthy. And it will also help firm up flab so that while you may still be overweight it will look better on you.

Beyond these the only other thing I can suggest is Overeaters Anonymous, which does have a branch and meetings in Bangkok. Works on the same principles as AA and NA which is approrpiate since what one is dealing with is indeed an addiction -- but a much harder one to overcome since unlike alcohol and drugs total abstinence is obviously not possible. It may help and it's free so no harm in trying. Google their website.

Good luck

Sheryl. Thank you for the info about the Stevia. do you have any idea where you can buy it in Thailand. i would like it to sweeten my tea. i presume it still gives the same psychology and energy buzz that sugar gives.

Allan

Sheryl. Thank you for the info about the Stevia. do you have any idea where you can buy it in Thailand. i would like it to sweeten my tea. i presume it still gives the same psychology and energy buzz that sugar gives.

Allan

I'm told it is available in powder form (sachets) is available under the brand name Bio-Rich.

One member reported finding it at Golden Place in Rama 9 and thought it might also be found at Central Chidlom or Lemon Farm.

Personally I don't like it as a sweetener, I find the taste a bit unpleasant, but I take it in capsule form sometimes to help with carb cravings. I get the capsules from Health Oasis resort on Koh Samui, easy to walk in and buy at the reception desk, don't know if you can buy from them by mail. I think many of the other fasting/detox places would have it too.

What a pathetic nariccistic thread :o

PS why are gays under pressure to look good. Most of the gays I observe are quite repulsive

Being overweight or obese is hardly just a matter of vanity. It carries very significant health risks.

• 4 months later...
Hi, I am a 45 year old male of mixed ethnic backgrounds that leads a very stressful professional life. I do not smoke and I do not drink but my problem is that I have a sweet tooth and whenever i am stressed or depressed I reach out for sweet comfort foods like chocolates, cakes, etc.

I spend a fortune every month of nutritional supplements and super-antioxidant injections along with laser treatments every three weeks on everypart of my body to keep it supple and well maintained (fraxel lasers).

My problem is over the last three months as a result of work stress , I put on about 6 kg...I am now 65 kg and my waist has ballooned to about 31 inches and I feel so bloated. Really need help to go back to 29 inches waist or 59 kg or even better 28 inch waists. I am a member of numerous private gyms at various hotels but I do not have the time to go for workouts, short of liposuction, does anyone have any suggestions that can give me instant results. Also any suggestions on appetite suppressants as I always feel hungry for comfort foods when I am stress or anxious.

The fact that I am so bloated has also started making me feel inferior and more depressed. My doctors at Bumrungrad and BNH do not wish to classify me as overweigh and treat me and I have seen a shrink who is of no help and also a hynotherapists who is also of no help.

Don't give up

Hi, I am a 45 year old male of mixed ethnic backgrounds that leads a very stressful professional life. I do not smoke and I do not drink but my problem is that I have a sweet tooth and whenever i am stressed or depressed I reach out for sweet comfort foods like chocolates, cakes, etc.

I spend a fortune every month of nutritional supplements and super-antioxidant injections along with laser treatments every three weeks on everypart of my body to keep it supple and well maintained (fraxel lasers).

My problem is over the last three months as a result of work stress , I put on about 6 kg...I am now 65 kg and my waist has ballooned to about 31 inches and I feel so bloated. Really need help to go back to 29 inches waist or 59 kg or even better 28 inch waists. I am a member of numerous private gyms at various hotels but I do not have the time to go for workouts, short of liposuction, does anyone have any suggestions that can give me instant results. Also any suggestions on appetite suppressants as I always feel hungry for comfort foods when I am stress or anxious.

The fact that I am so bloated has also started making me feel inferior and more depressed. My doctors at Bumrungrad and BNH do not wish to classify me as overweigh and treat me and I have seen a shrink who is of no help and also a hynotherapists who is also of no help.

Gay, pressure to look good(??) Pressure from who(??) fellow Gay.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh in case you don't know, some hospitals here have WEIGHT CONTROL Section btw. I learnt it through my Thai friend. That's why it's easy to lose weight here. You can visit Yanhee Int'l Hospital, the WC section used to be on the second floor but moved it to the new building on the right exit of the hospital. The doctors are friendly and you'd be advised what to do and eat in a healthy way aside from the medicine. It costs less than 800Baht for a month supply and you'd be asked to report back after that. I was told there was no side effects and my BP, height and weight were checked before meeting the doctor.

I lost 5kilos in thirty days.

Edited by Vang2x

I lost 5kilos in thirty days.

Wow that is a lot. Personally I do not believe in pills etc. to lose weight. Just in hard work and eating right. Last year when I was back home I watched what I ate, went to the gym about 3/4 times a week (just because I love it as well) and in stead of doing everything by motorbike I did everything by bycicle or by foot.

I also made my own "fluid diet" for one month. I basically put fruits, milk, water, muesli (sometimes added some nuts or raisins) along with some creatine (powder for protein shakes) in a blender and made a 2 liter shake which I drank for breakfast and lunch. I watched what I ate for dinner (if it is nutricious, its no problem to take a second plate).

I lost 7 kilos from 85 down to 78 (I am 1,85m) in less than 3 months. Here are some tips:

1 small things make a difference. Take a glass of water instead of a coke. take the stairs instead of the elevator.

2 after workout go to the sauna: good for muscles, good to relax and relief you from stress, good for blood flow, good to sweat (you lose weight from sauna too, but only temporary as it is the fluids you lose, drink water and you're right up there again).

3 talk to the professionals at the gym to make a good workout! tell them your goals and the period wherein you want to acheive them.

4 common mistake when doing situps: just do 8-12 heavy reps and very slowly instead of doing as many as you can (because that is not going to work). This will makes you stronger, slimmer and gives you a six pack.

5 when u want to lose weight, do not only run on the threadmill, an allround body workout will make you lose weight too and will give your body more rest as you'll be doing one groups of muscles 1 day and another group another day (this way you will not end up sore everyday).

6 if you don't have the discipline it helps to go with a buddy or set the evenings you are going (mon,wed,fri for inst.)

7 Eat less food containing lots of carbohydrates (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, beans) and eat more fruits, veggies, fish (make sure you get your fual from somewhere, so it is not recommended not to eat bread, rice etc. at all) Don't eat less: eat good!!!

8 Drink lots of water.

9 It helps to not to drink, not to smoke, not to snack. Just replace them with sex in case you can't take it any longer, lol.

10 Rest properly will get you more engery, better recovery and less stress.

When you read them back, apart from the actual workout, they are all small and easy to do, but it takes discipline to stick with it. This is why people look for an easy way out such as extreme diets and pills.

What a pathetic nariccistic thread :)

PS why are gays under pressure to look good. Most of the gays I observe are quite repulsive

Being overweight or obese is hardly just a matter of vanity. It carries very significant health risks.

He's a 60 kg man for christ's sake!!!

Day six, at office feeling actually great.....PLUS I actually lost about 1.5 kg and my waist seems an inch less! I am actually finding the juices sweet.....today its kiwifruit for breakfast and for mid-morning I will be having a mix vegetable juice consisting of cabbage, carrots, tomatoes and spinach.

If I get my waist down to 28, I am planning to reward myself by getting my navel pierced and have a 3 carat IF quality, E colour Diamond placed there as a constatnt reminder to watch my diet and wasitline!

OMG are you for real :) ?