Wheres The Best Thai Restaurant In Pattaya

nungnatee

Tried Mum Aloy with the girlfriend (thai) as it appeared to be getting good reviews, the food was only OK for me but for the girlfriend she has decided that the place should be renamed Mum Mai Aloy !!! She was not impressed at all and barely touched any of her food and exclaimed that much better Thai food (also a lot cheaper) was to be had at rung thip and happy eater on the dark side, though not upper class places by any means.

Not exactly in Pattaya but Rimpa Lapin in Ban Amphur is a very nice setting on a cliff overlooking the ocean and is great at sunset for the views. It's owned by a Thai movie star so the Thais roll up there in the hope of getting a glimpse of him or his movie star mates.

Food is only so-so though.

I forgot the name of the place.

On 3rd Road heading West towards Naklua. There is that "all you can eat" open air BBQ on the table kind of place on the right hand side. I love going there.

We went there several times on my last visit. It's fun to go there with a bunch of people. Thais love it.

yes, this one, at the fish lake;

great place, very useful, you can park your commuter easy,

ok, its not for upperclass thai, no aircon,

but for normal thai people

you mean the fishing park at 3rd road? Closed! Now transformed in a smaller restaurant just north of the former compound and lost a lot of the atmosphere - and the food quality. But it was never upscale!

Depends what kind of Thai people you want to entertain....if really hi-so and Chinese heritage, Dusit or Royal Cliff. If rather easy going the cabbages and condoms or the Malabar at ban Amphoer - really nice place and inexpensive....so the show-of factor doesn't work there).

Another recommendation is the new Thai restaurant at Lake Maprachan. Very nice ambience and good food.

I think the poster is looking for higher quality than jomtien and cucumber.I have been many times for lunch and this is not the place for hi so thais.For ambience cabbages and condoms is a good place or the normal swish hotels,which i dont think the thai food is brilliant,only good.Not gay bashing,but cucumber seems to have many farangs with bar boys there,so maybe your hi so friends would not like to see 2 guys kising and holding hands.

One place i havent been to is rabbit resort at dongton beach,jomtien,needs to be checked first i think.Anyway good luck and hope you impress your hi so friends as they are very important here in thailand.

can anyone recommend a top thai restaurant in pattaya, please dont recommend suger hut, i was not impressed, that place has gone down hill, i went about 6 months ago the service was terrible, food cold coming in dribs and drabs and tastless, it was very good abou4-5 years ago, im not looking for the cheapest only the best, food service and ambiance

i went there about 4 5 years ago and would have described it exactly as you do now.

You might need to get out of pattaya itself......

Sea food - could try Moom Aroi at Naklua or Sri Racha - don't rate the one on third road.

There is also the California steak house at Sri Racha and the Seaview Seafood restaurant.

Ruen Thai on second, Pattaya - haven't been there for yonks.

Tide Resort Bang Saen, or any on the hill toward Kao Samuk/Ang Sila.

For Chinese, the Montien on beach road, Pattaya, or even Mantra.

much as I love it, Birds & Bees is a bit bland for most Thai palates.

I used to go to a place on second road, can't remember the name now but they reopened on Walking St. The food was excellent at the old place, not particularly Hi-So. but for quality it couldn't be beaten.

Agree with previous posts, I'd be tempted just to take them to a 5 star hotel regardless of the quality of food. I mean you could go to some back street place and the food would be superb but these kind of things are more about the setting you're in.

That was probably Vientiane Restaurant. They were first on 2nd Road (closed now), then on Walking Street (closed now), and now off Pattaya Tai as I have described.

That's the place, used to love it there. The hot pan dishes were great. I'll have to make it up to their new location at some point

Rumour has it that Vientiane is opening up another location on the corner of 2nd and Post Office, where the Malibu katoey showbar used to be. Anyone confirm that?

I think you might like Cabbages and Condoms in Jomtien. They have a beautiful natural setting, with a sub-tropical rainforest. There are peacocks and little rabbits running around. The beach is the most beautiful in the area and the restaurant is amazing...great food. The hotel is owned by Khun Meechai, who was a member of parliamment and had a big campaign for the use of condoms in Thailand. To sum it up, the setting is beautiful, food is great and the service fantastic.....You will not regret it. Funny how small the world is, I have eaten in some of the restaurants you worked in, probably at the same time as well....Hotel Metropole!

I just saw Khan Davies suggested it as well....I second his suggestion!

ok i will try it 2nite, but i ended up with my potential clients in a great thai restaurant in bangkok called kinnaree just off sukomvit not far from nana if your there try it, its classy, thanks for that about the south of france i was 21 in 1976, great memories for me

I think you might like Cabbages and Condoms in Jomtien. They have a beautiful natural setting, with a sub-tropical rainforest. There are peacocks and little rabbits running around. The beach is the most beautiful in the area and the restaurant is amazing...great food. The hotel is owned by Khun Meechai, who was a member of parliamment and had a big campaign for the use of condoms in Thailand. To sum it up, the setting is beautiful, food is great and the service fantastic.....You will not regret it. Funny how small the world is, I have eaten in some of the restaurants you worked in, probably at the same time as well....Hotel Metropole!

i think you're getting C&C confused with "Sugar Hut" - C&C overlooks the sea, Sugar Hut has rabbits running about and rather poor food. The Wooden Restaurant is nice though....as a building.

i haven't eaten at Brunos for years now...but when I did I got the impression it was a very flashy place that catered for people who appreciated table cloths but had no taste-buds.

Edited by wilko
  • Like 1

i think you're getting C&C confused with "Sugar Hut" - C&C overlooks the sea, Sugar Hut has rabbits running about and rather poor food. The Wooden Restaurant is nice though....as a building.

i haven't eaten at Brunos for years now...but when I did I got the impression it was a very flashy place that catered for people who appreciated table cloths but had no taste-buds.

Yes the tables cloths are very nice and the service excellent.... the food is also superb with a varied quality menu. Taste buds are soon found again :o You should try it. :D

i haven't eaten at Brunos for years now...but when I did I got the impression it was a very flashy place that catered for people who appreciated table cloths but had .no taste-buds.

Yes the tables cloths are very nice and the service excellent.... the food is also superb with a varied quality menu. Taste buds are soon found again :o You should try it. :D

I did have the dubious pleasure of eating there a several times before they moved and a couple of times after,but it really didn't cut the mustard for me...it LOOKS like a restaurant...........I thought it was bland, and how many times do you want to eat ratatouille?

I like eating out in Pattaya but if I wanted really top rate (and I would guess they have pretensions in that direction) "Western" food I doubt if anywhere in Pattaya gets even close.

But a "luxury' or top rate Thai restaurant which is what this post is about....where would YOU go?

Edited by wilko

• 3 years later...

Not exactly in Pattaya but Rimpa Lapin in Ban Amphur is a very nice setting on a cliff overlooking the ocean and is great at sunset for the views. It's owned by a Thai movie star so the Thais roll up there in the hope of getting a glimpse of him or his movie star mates.

Food is only so-so though.

+1 for rimpa lapin

C&C also has rabbits running around, and nice sunset views.

C&C also has rabbits running around, and nice sunset views.

C&C is great for ambiance but the Thai food is average and overpriced while the Farang food is dreadful.