Spouse Visa Applications

Would it be possible to submit an application for a spouse visa whilst on a tourist visa in australia?

can it be submited from here or does it have to be lodged in thai?

Yes. Applied last October received in March/April.

Call DIAC give your girlfriends or boyfriend details. They will speak to them and give you a Yes or No answer. There is more than one tourist visa type.

Would it be possible to submit an application for a spouse visa whilst on a tourist visa in australia?

can it be submited from here or does it have to be lodged in thai?

Dependant on the tourist visa type....

As mentioned if the visa has the No Further Stay....then it has to be done from Thailand

The applicant has to be in the country of lodgement if and when the visa is granted

Its a me visa with the no further stay clause..it will expire in september..we will be heading to thai in september for holidays.

I was wondering if we could lodge it here and wait for the desicion in thai?

I know she cant stay here after the me has expired but i was thinknig about this in terms of if we can loge it shortly

by the time we go for holidays in september there woukd be less time for her to wait in thai for a desition...

I know she cant stay here after the me has expired but i was thinknig about this in terms of if we can loge it shortly

by the time we go for holidays in september there woukd be less time for her to wait in thai for a desition...

I looged an application for Oz citizenship by descent for my child, they said it will take 5 business days.

After 15 business days I called their round-robin phone number, it said that applicant will be informed within 10 business days if there is a delay.

After 20 business days I managed to speak to someone (I guess the very guy who took our application) and he said they are short of staff and it may take several more weeks. He sounded like staff who begs my protest to DFAT who may, after many complaints, consider to reinstate more staff.

Altogether would be 2-3 months instad of 5 biz days.

The Embassy indeed looks ransacked, with only 2 counters open and former waiting room full of discarded furniture and up-turned chairs.

Must be cost cutting down to the bone, with outsourcing the applicatoon process (not for child registration) to a Thai company down the road.

Its a me visa with the no further stay clause..it will expire in september..we will be heading to thai in september for holidays.

Unusual for an ME visa to have a no further stay clause....you may need to check that.

As I mentioned before......if it is lodged in Oz the applicant has to be in Oz for the grant,

if lodged in Thailand then the applicant must be in Thailand for the grant.

VERY IMPORTANT! The "expiry" of the visa is NOT the date she has to leave by! :D

Not sure exactly what your TGF's visa says, but my TGF has a "12-months" Multiple Entry visa without the "no further stay" restriction.

...my TGF was given the visa with issue date of Aug 20th 2007 - this means she is ALLOWED TO ENTER for her final 3-months as late as Aug 19th, 2008. :D:o:D :D :D

The date you might THINK it expires may very well be the last date she can ENTER. On entry she is allowed 3-more months. Check this out with DIMIA if you do not believe me.

I know I am correct in the case of my TGF b/c I called DIMIA and quoted the visa number. They confirmed 1000% that she can enter as late as this date for 3 more months.

Of course we wont leave it till that late but plan for her to enter about Aug 15th (just in case flights are cancelled etc as that would throw a spanner in the works if she planned to land on her very last day...)

I hope this helps some of you - as you can really get almost 15 months from the "12-month" visa.

No idea if this is the case if you DO have the "no further stay" restriction.