Backpacks

AjarnP

Is it only me, or is there anyone else sick and tired of being side-swiped by inconsiderate carriers (or is it wearers?) of large back packs.

Does no-one realize that approximately double the floor area is taken up compared to the other more considerate passengers who remove their back packs and leave them at their feet when riding in the BTS or MRT trains? They have absolutely no regard for anyone when they turn around!!! GGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AjarnP :o:D

Heheh you are an ajarn, teach it to your kids at school.

Have to say i totally agree, worse are those that carry the massive backpacks and do not realise they are swiping ppl when they turn.

abso-perzackerly!!!

Those wheelie suitcase piss me off. They are indispensible when travelling, I know, but are a major pain while trying to walk through London. Have kicked or tripped over many and can see a day when someone goes under a train because of them.

Those wheelie suitcase piss me off. They are indispensible when travelling, I know, but are a major pain while trying to walk through London. Have kicked or tripped over many and can see a day when someone goes under a train because of them.

Not really the thing for Bangkok's pavements either!! The only time I've ever seen them used practically is in an Airport!!

Is it only me, or is there anyone else sick and tired of being side-swiped by inconsiderate carriers (or is it wearers?) of large back packs.

Does no-one realize that approximately double the floor area is taken up compared to the other more considerate passengers who remove their back packs and leave them at their feet when riding in the BTS or MRT trains? They have absolutely no regard for anyone when they turn around!!! GGggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I play the same game here as I (and many, many other people) have done for years in London on the tube. I've also had some giggles playing the doubles version with others here. It's called ''spin the tourist''. You can play the blatant version (fun), the subtle version (fun) or anything in between ... and it doesn't matter if the backpacker is a tourist or a Thai. It's all fun, fun, fun.

All you have to do is nudge the backpack -- there is no defence, the wearer spins. If they don't get the message, repeat. If they do get the message, repeat. Keep the cun_t spinning until they take it off or keep spinning them until you get bored. Then spin some more. I must admit that it's tricky (but still possible) in the rush hour (same as London), and the great thing is that the ''spinee'' gets the dirty looks from other people when they hit them with their backpack.

The other great advantage is that since there is no Mornington Crescent in Bangkok, you never have to stop.

I play the same game here as I (and many, many other people) have done for years in London on the tube. I've also had some giggles playing the doubles version with others here. It's called ''spin the tourist''. You can play the blatant version (fun), the subtle version (fun) or anything in between ... and it doesn't matter if the backpacker is a tourist or a Thai. It's all fun, fun, fun.

All you have to do is nudge the backpack -- there is no defence, the wearer spins. If they don't get the message, repeat. If they do get the message, repeat. Keep the cun_t spinning until they take it off or keep spinning them until you get bored. Then spin some more. I must admit that it's tricky (but still possible) in the rush hour (same as London), and the great thing is that the ''spinee'' gets the dirty looks from other people when they hit them with their backpack.

The other great advantage is that since there is no Mornington Crescent in Bangkok, you never have to stop.

I like your style. :o

If someone is about to swing into me with their backpack, I just slightly lean my shoulder into it, then slowly push the backpack straight into the person (just an inch or two of movement to throw them a little off balance).  They can't turn into it to see who is pushing coz their energy/balance is being shifted by my leaning hehehehe  :D:D   As I walk by I say "sorry" pretending it was an accident coz I'm sure they would have apologized to me after swiping me :o

I was in the airport the other day. I was wearing a large backpack. Some ageing ex-bargirl (prob) with the obligatory farang hubby in tow wouldn't make any room in the lift. A quick spin on my part unintentionally nudged this awkward woman into the large space towards the back of the lift. "Oh My Gawd" did she holler. You would have thought I decked her.

I was then abused in Thai. I spat out "Sorry" in Thai, to which hubby who had remained silent up to that point strangely added "Correct" in Thai. I assume he was applauding my insincere apology as opposed to my elegant spin.

BTW, if that was you, I am still waiting for an apology.

I sure cure is to stay out of areas where people wear backpacks. Can't remember the last time I was near anyone that wearing one.

TH

I agree with you TH :o

I was in the airport the other day. I was wearing a large backpack. Some ageing ex-bargirl (prob) with the obligatory farang hubby in tow wouldn't make any room in the lift. A quick spin on my part unintentionally nudged this awkward woman into the large space towards the back of the lift. "Oh My Gawd" did she holler. You would have thought I decked her.

I was then abused in Thai. I spat out "Sorry" in Thai, to which hubby who had remained silent up to that point strangely added "Correct" in Thai. I assume he was applauding my insincere apology as opposed to my elegant spin.

The word ''cun_t'' springs to mind (for you, of course, not the poor unfortunate people who had to share space with you) :o

I do hope you don't breed and pass such lack of consideration for others on to someone else.

We play a similar game here as well, but we use straight razors, ski masks, and duct tape.

:D

I concur.

But then there's that other type of person that has a rather large Anterior as well.

Probably from having too much corn mash and hops-infused beverages. :D

So have you been rear-ended by one that has a rather large front end?

I wouldn't mind so much if the bearer of the rather large front end was a pregnant mother or a well-endowed specimen of the fairer gender. :o

AjarnP :D:D

It's all about being considerate and aware of who and what is around you, and whilst the back pack and elongated handbag on a tiny lady's shoulder on the train are some of the more annoying scenarios where this consideration is sorely lacking, there are many others and if you feel strongly enough about it, then I think it's fine to let them know politely or until they "get" it.

Everything comes down to "respect".

The word ''cun_t'' springs to mind (for you, of course, not the poor unfortunate people who had to share space with you) :D

I do hope you don't breed and pass such lack of consideration for others on to someone else.

Thanks. That wasn't you in the lift, was it, with the ho wife? If it was, you missed an opportunity to spin me! :o

The word ''cun_t'' springs to mind (for you, of course, not the poor unfortunate people who had to share space with you) :D

Thanks. That wasn't you in the lift, was it, with the ho wife? If it was, you missed an opportunity to spin me! :o

:D Great reply.

Thanks. That wasn't you in the lift, was it, with the ho wife? If it was, you missed an opportunity to spin me! :D

No, trust me, my ho would've dealt with you :o

[Edit: And while we're at ''My dad's bigger than your dad!'']

[Edit 2: How do you say ''Correct'' in Thai?]

Edited by MarkBKK

Thanks. That wasn't you in the lift, was it, with the ho wife? If it was, you missed an opportunity to spin me! :D

No, trust me, my ho would've dealt with you :o

[Edit: And while we're at ''My dad's bigger than your dad!'']

[Edit 2: How do you say ''Correct'' in Thai?]

:D