Pattaya Players

prospero

I went to the Sunday afternoon matinee. Thought it was very well done. Very impressed.

Now, if we can get more people interested in attending thePattaya Players will be able to continue for years :o

Congratulations to everyone

I went to the Friday evening premier. Enjoyed the three plays and was impressed by the high standard of the production and players. But I thought the choice of plays was bad as they were very amdram. I think the company should be more ambitious in their choice of material as they have the talent to shine. I'd love to see them attempt something by Pinter or Ayckbourn for example.

I attended one of the shows. Good venue. The male actors projected their vocals throughout the venue but the women sounded muzzled. Given the amount of whispering children in the audience, this made some of the lines difficult to hear.

I would prefer to see more comedy and was really impressed by the output and would gladly see their next production.

Thank you PP.

• 3 weeks later...

I went. I really enjoyed it. For a first showing, I think the PP did a smash-up job. Some really good actors in the troupe and some real amatuers, but that's community theatre. Most noteably, I thought that all the little touches were impressive and professional, though there were technical glitches that hopefully will get ironed out in the next performance. Speaking of which, I see their website lists a murder mystery dinner theater at Indian By Nature. Now, that's a delicious restaurant.

I hope it all works out for the group, Pattaya certainly needs some culture!

ZZ-Z

I would prefer to see more comedy and was really impressed by the output and would gladly see their next production.

This is best left to Samak and the rest of the Cabinet. Anything from the Players would be pale in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...