Thai Woman Charged In Husband's Killing Out On Bail, Family Says

funfun

MJ & Richard. Sounds like a good day in court yesterday. Well done for keeping the pressure up. Media interest right now would be perfect to keep the Judges mind occupied with the consequences of leaning in the wrong direction. But I now have a gut feeling that justice will be done. Hopefully peace will come to all those effected by this eventually. I am having another beer for you right now Dale. Cheers.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if I missed this, but are the accused out on bail, as it says in this thread's title?

If so, they're certainly flight risks, and I'd be surprised if they didn't bolt if/when they perceive they're not going to get off easy.

all in all, Mary Jane and Richard, stay strong, drink some carrot juice, and remember there are a lot of good people who are standing with you - at least figuratively. Best wishes.

Hello, I posted this in the morning and It is gone...so here it is again.

Hello, I am happy to report some more positive news than we have been able to report thus far. Things really changed at the courthouse after making alot of noise with the Canadian Embassy. We had to get serious with them as a last ditch attempt. Richard was feeling quite alone and fearful with no security at all. Him getting accused in court of following and scaring a woman at tesco/lotus, although when he recognized her he got scared and hurried out of there thinking others might be around. The hitman got up to go to Richard and luckily a policeman was waiting in the court to give testimony and he stopped him. Not even a security guard in the court. After that I was so afraid for my brother's life, I wrote a letter under one cover and sent it to our Embassy, NCCC (Thai counter corruption), all the media outlets, my lawyer. Also brought up the insurance will never leave North America and if anyone had any further questions about the insurance please direct it to my lawyer. It would be different had his policies were held in Thailand. What a difference a day makes!!

Today turns out to be the last day needed for trial. Richard packed his car before going to court. He called when all was done while he is driving far away from Ranong. He said it was so different. Everyone entering had to produce I.D. No one allowed to wander any halls, security in the courtroom etc.

Jinda Sae Tae (hitman) took the stand and it came out that he did write and sign a statement. He said the police threatened to hit him with something. He also admitted to being paid. When asked if he had any court to attend, it turns out he has another murder trial on Aug 07/09. The mother of Nee also has been able to think she could do what she wanted, she got up to go and see a policemans child during the proceedings and the judge yelled at her to sit down and don't get up again. She remained somber and lost her smile. (she was in the home at the time of the murder.)

The next court date for verdict is set for August 27/09.

Thanks all for positive input.

Dale was a very happy, generous fellow. He loved his life and it made him so happy to be able to provide well for Nee and her family. None of them needed anything. His monthly salary was more than enough ($10,000.00 US). Right up to 2 days before he died, he had e-mails to his "Darling Nee" other's to friends of his saying how he was so lucky to have such a great wife! Another telling Nee that he didn't care how much a better roof was for the home he bought for her Mother...he said Mom deserves the best. Also in his mail was a letter arranging boat plans, he was going to finally build one. One of his big dreams since he was young...Such a shame...he would have accomplished so much more and made a positive difference in many lives. Anyone who met him liked him. If you sat in a pub...never never did you pay for anything. If you were an ass or hurt an animal, that's a different story... just a little insight to Dale's charachter.

R.I.P. Dale

A mod did change the title to "Farang murder trial - Dale Henry" to give this wider coverage. I had noticed as had others that regular Thaivisa posters were not reading the thread. But as you say it seems to have been deleted including your post - maybe a glitch.

The higher the media attention on here and elsewhere the better.

Keep your spirits up. You have a lot of support.

It is good of Brahmburgers to mention the bail again and keep that point at the forefront too.

sorry if I missed this, but are the accused out on bail, as it says in this thread's title?

If so, they're certainly flight risks, and I'd be surprised if they didn't bolt if/when they perceive they're not going to get off easy.

all in all, Mary Jane and Richard, stay strong, drink some carrot juice, and remember there are a lot of good people who are standing with you - at least figuratively. Best wishes.

From what I was told Thursday & Friday, they go home every night. That helps my peace of mind no end, because as Richard and the guys in town know. The gunman is living about 20 minutes by motorbike from me. Some of the expats in town have already said they fear for their safety if the gunman walks.

Edited by Mosha

Hello MJ. No not sitting next to Dales spot I am overseas at the moment. But he is still in my thoughts. I caught up with Richard briefly in Ranong a couple of months back and it was good to get things in perspective.

Mosha. There are more of us than him. He wouldn't have the b*lls to do anything now and I have heard that he is the one that is now cr*pping his pants. The spotlight will be on him forever so he would be stupid to try anything else. He also has other outstanding charges (murder?).

The biggest problem is the 'flight' scenario. It sounds like they may disappear given what Richard and MJ have said about the evidence.

Hello MJ. No not sitting next to Dales spot I am overseas at the moment. But he is still in my thoughts. I caught up with Richard briefly in Ranong a couple of months back and it was good to get things in perspective.

Mosha. There are more of us than him. He wouldn't have the b*lls to do anything now and I have heard that he is the one that is now cr*pping his pants. The spotlight will be on him forever so he would be stupid to try anything else. He also has other outstanding charges (murder?).

The biggest problem is the 'flight' scenario. It sounds like they may disappear given what Richard and MJ have said about the evidence.

I agree and a possible scenario.

But in the end they will get them.

LaoPo

My prayers are with you Richardshane. I can't imagine what it's like.

Not to sound macabre, but your courtroom insight is quite interesting. I've always wondered what it's like on the inside of the Thai legal system, I appreciate your details.

I hope sending Nee to jail prevents others from having to go through what you are going through now.

May Dale rest in peace.

Please continue to keep us informed.

My sentiments too. I only started reading through this post today, though the setting is one other friends have warned me about many times. VERY pleased to read that the court was secured well on Friday. Best of success next month too.

About the frustration of supporting family through courts here... I've had the experience in a much milder setting. Caused too many sleepless nights. Fortunately the extended family in my case seems solid, good people. They pulled together and asked the least possible help from me.

Overall a reminder to fellow expats, always be noticeably worth more alive than not.

Unfortunately there have been quite a few of these tragic "wife with boyfriend"-murder-husband cases, like this one, back in 2003; main suspect still hiding and on the run... :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Murder-Case-...ov-t151991.html

I really - REALLY - hope this time the suspects in Dale Henry's case will end up behind bars. I wish you good luck on that when the verdict will be spoken, August 27th, Mary-Jane and Richard!

The case above, in the link, is so similar to your case, it's scary. The killer in your case has to be on trial for another murder case on August 7, isn't it ?

In the Jules Odekerken murder case, the brother of the wife was in jail before, also for another murder he committed; she bought him free with money from her husband....to clear the way for murder on her own husband :)

Note:

I realize you are preparing -mentally and maybe physically- for the date of the verdict on August 27th (in 3,5 weeks from now) and I hope that will be the case; however, always prepare for the unexpected, meaning that the date could be postponed, taking the other murder trial into consideration Jinda Sae Tae (hitman) has to be at, August 7th, but also in the unfortunate case that one or more people involved will disappear or... not show up on the 27th... :D

Anything can happen, unfortunately.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

August 7th? Is that for the killing of the Nai Yok in Phato? That one was a double murder, as a witness was also killed. Not before the witness id'd him to police though.

Possibly:

Mosha wrote on 2008-02-05 08:03:54:

"7 Police go to murderer's nephew's house looking for gun. This is because the nephew was accused of a murder in Phato last year, when a Nai Yok Orbator was killed. That one has not been solved yet. Yes he was beat up in an attempt to get a confession."

From: Canadian Brutally Murdered In Ranong, (a topic -started by you Mosha- which was, unfortunately, closed)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Canadian-Bru...22#entry1801722

edit:

Mosha, is there anything more you know about this murder in Phato and how Jinda Sae Tae (the Dale Henry accused hitman) was involved ?

Also, I can't find any "Nai Yok" in Thailand, assuming you mean with Orbator, a man who's stealing or robbing from children.

Or do I miss the point totally ? :)

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

the dearly departed is just as guilty as the thai girl in this case in his demise . what was he thinking?

It is obvious that you know little about this case or the people involved. Your comment is unwarranted, unnecessary or whatever and just shows you up as an ignorant and misguided individual

Thanks for the support everyone it does feel a bit better....

Just another little tidbit of what I am going through here...during the testimony of the mother the first day she did say that both her and Nee were upstairs during the incident but Nee in her statement said she was downstairs and the bad men told her to lie on the floor and not look at them....BS, also it took them 30 minutes from the time of the murder till the mother went to the village government guys house which is about a two minute walk...they didn't get on the phone and call the police ??? The mother said Nee was busy holding my brother crying....also the defense kept on mentioning a Thai freind of Dales who he like to hang out with....I'm thinking no, Dale didn't hang out with anyone especially someone who spoke no English...The reason I found out he spoke no english was because there has been some middle aged guy hanging out on their side of the court and yesterday just before court went back in after lunch this guy come up to me and says his name is Chot and he was Dales freind (he said this in Thai to my freind) she told me and I looked at him and said I don't know you and have never seen you at my brothers or with my brother ...he was a little shocked at my abruptness but I knew immediatley where it was going....the enemy trying to befriend, trying to pull at my heart....he said yes I know Dale...chopper....I said no I don't know you...and we walked away...He went and sat on the other side....Tonight I hear he was telling people around Ranong after the murder to not believe the newspapers which were reporting the murder.......I think I've pretty much seen it all...sorry if I don't trust you if I ever meet you but.....This is Thailand...

A few nights before Dale was murdered, I was out to dinner with Dale and his wife and was introduced to a Thai guy and his wife who was at the meal. Dale joked and said the guy was CSI Ranong...he was in Forensics at Ranong Police. I think his wife and Nee were friends. The next time I saw this guy was at the pre trial hearing of Nee and her co-horts and he and his wife were sitting on Nees' side of the Courtroom. During a short recess. I saw this guy approach the gunman and slipped him 100 Baht ( no doubt for Cigs. etc while in Jail). I often wondered about this guy and whether he was involved with the case...ie like taking a gunshot residue test on any of the accused or blood spatter tests on any of their clothing etc.Was the bullets taken from Dales body matched with any other murders in the vicinity or whether his own gun was examined by other investigators (The murder weapon never found...what better place to hide it than with a Forensics expert???)...

You wonder how many people could be complicit with Dales murder???

At least now 3 people have been found guilty of the crime and will get their just deserts (Subject to appeal???)

Very interesting, Richard did say he saw that money exchange in the courtroom.

Screenwriters should just go to Thailand for ideas...it is so surreal.

I am sure there are a few more involved than what any of us know. Like who drained Dale's account when the 3 accused were incarcerated. That happened over ten days 6 times a day?? And the police would not request the camera photos from the bank??

Thank you all for added info and as always the positive input.

I am sure there are a few more involved than what any of us know. Like who drained Dale's account when the 3 accused were incarcerated. That happened over ten days 6 times a day?? And the police would not request the camera photos from the bank??

I didn't know that Mary-Jane... :) ...

This is what I meant before when you are helped out by a good Lawyers' firm from Bangkok (I sent you a PM about that).

They could have been able to put pressure and influence on the local police and/or the bank to submit the camera images. The local police are not afraid of some local lawyer or people "pushing" them, but they are afraid for high-so people from BKK.

It's sad that's it's probably too late now.

LaoPo

I've read this thread many times and have followed it for some time now, but have never commented. I am speechless about what I have been reading. To the family of Dale, I'm sickened by your loss, and have so many negative feelings about what continues to happen with regards to the lack of justice, lack of any remorse from Nee or her family, and a total disregard from the police to assist and actually do what they are paid to do. I have no new words that have not already been spoken to you and your family, but I earnestly hope that justice will prevail this time and that Nee, the hitman, the police who denied you and your family a proper investigation and those family members who are involved in this will suffer greatly. I've never wished suffering or anguish upon anyone, but none of them deserve the pleasures that life offers. I wish you all the best in this.

~FR~

If I was a bookmaker, I would be offering low odds on Nees' Mother?????

Hopefully Richards lawyer has those images now. I haven't spoken to him about that lately. Perhaps the company Dale worked for will pursue this. The money was deposited after his death.

The first thought we had was the Mother...? So much corruption, however, I think they all know now that they will NOT profit any further. They have taken all they will ever get.

Frodo, what a great post. Thank you for that.

Unfortunately Mr Henry broke all the rules of how to live ones life in relative safety in Thailand.... 1...dont marry a Thai woman or any other woman who is young enough to be your daughter or even grand- daughter. 2....Always do background checks using her household certificate as a guide(i bet Dale Henry didnt). 3.Never live in isolated areas known for their troubles ie Ranong-seafood mafia who dont like farangs snooping around town regardless of who they are!4.Never ever,ever,ever,ever give aThai woman access to your money or assets.The Australian Gov actually warns men of marry Thais as so many farangs have been killed or ruined finnacially.....Young women dont love old men!!!They and their Thai men love the money!! Its so easy!

Yes comment is so true the Aussie government has given this warning in the past.

I have been reading this post on and off for awhile . i have just got to a part where names and places-are talked about and photos shown of the House. I had a girlfriend who was called Née, I meet her in Pattaya,three years ago , I finished with her last year,March April time, I was like all the rest who get taken for an Idiot, I thought i could change her, The Thing thats making me think is ,She has a mother in Nakosetamarat, She has family near Rannong, in Kapoe, just outside Rannong, also she has family , In Phuket.The house that is in the Pictures i Think I know , its on the right had side coming out of Capoe going to wards Phuket on the main road.It maybe just co-incidents That the name is just the same , Does anybody have any pictures of Née.

I have been reading this post on and off for awhile . i have just got to a part where names and places-are talked about and photos shown of the House. I had a girlfriend who was called Née, I meet her in Pattaya,three years ago , I finished with her last year,March April time, I was like all the rest who get taken for an Idiot, I thought i could change her, The Thing thats making me think is ,She has a mother in Nakosetamarat, She has family near Rannong, in Kapoe, just outside Rannong, also she has family , In Phuket.The house that is in the Pictures i Think I know , its on the right had side coming out of Capoe going to wards Phuket on the main road.It maybe just co-incidents That the name is just the same , Does anybody have any pictures of Née.

It's unlikely it's the same girl as Dale Henry was with Nee since five years, as far as I know.

LaoPo

Jinda Sae Tae. the shooter......... any news from locals about his trial in Ranong last Friday?

I've not heard anything. I did see him last night though.

Edited by Mosha

Jinda Sae Tae. the shooter......... any news from locals about his trial in Ranong last Friday?

I've not heard anything. I did see him last night though.

:D :D :):D ...speechless...

LaoPo