Thai Woman Charged In Husband's Killing Out On Bail, Family Says

funfun

"Just to say we are thinking of you and your family and to remember your brother on his anniversary.... one day the children will come knocking on your door looking for the truth behind their heritage, this will also be her punishment, karma works in such strange and just ways! very best wishes and strength for this coming year"

Edwin, Thank you for your thoughts, we really appreciate this not being forgotten.

Dale never had any children...we are thankful for that now. Not that we wouldn't love to see a little Dale running around :o

MaryJane, maybe that is a blessing in disguise, it would have brought you more heart ache in a way.! but your brother's spirit lives on there is no doubt about that. MaryJane I will PM you if you dont mind. So many good wishes

I have left a message for you MaryJane in your box

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to update. I have managed to get the www.murderinthailand.ca page up and functional :o . It is linked to the main website www.murderinthailand.com which is being built by a pro. That one should be ready and fully functional in the next couple of days...lots of kinks had to be worked out.

Thanks for your support on this very long dark road.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just thought I'd add an update as I have been here in Thailand for quite some time now. First off I did visit with the lead officer in the case and he assured me there was no corruption involved with this case as it is quite high profile, he also mentioned that we must be special people as he said he had received a few calls from the Canadian Embassy regarding updates on the investigation and also why the accused were released, he told me they were granted bail as this would be normal in any case....it still doesn't smell right to me as my new lawyer had said we could have objected to their release but were never given the opportunity....Why would the police not try and contact the embassy or for that matter why would the courts or someone give us a chance to object....?? These people are accused of murder and they can be subject to the "death penalty" for killing a Farang and then after 3 months they are given bail...it all stinks to me...especially now since I was given co-executorship of my brothers estate with Nee's mother on July 20, 2008 and everything was to be split 50/50 but after not being able to contact Nee through her lawyer (he said he could not give out her number or the mothers as the mother was not his client although he was the one who represented her in court ??) anyways after searching around we managed to find her mother in Nakon Si Thamarrat she sure was suprised to see me pull up...anyways we asked her very politely for the whereabouts of my brothers assets and she started yelling and screaming in thai that everything is gone and has been sold the truck was in Koh Samui in need of 200,000 baht worth of repairs and the final insult that my brother had borrowed money off her many times and that was that....after my lawyer calmly asked her numerous times the whereabouts she just ranted and raved...then we asked her for her phone number she said she did not own a phone...then like buddha was listening the phone rang in the house she went running inside to answer after about ten minutes she came back out and the lawyer again asked her for her number she spewed out a number then we tried calling it...whoops she got it wrong...she tried giving us another number that was wrong also....then the lawyer asked her nicely for a pen and paper and wrote down hs number in big letters and then asked her to go inside and phone it....finally we had her number...She was still hootin and hollering then she said Nee would soon have the insurance money she just needed to sign a few more documents it just went on and on till the lawyer informed her that she could be doing 3-5 years in jail for stealing assets that she was not entitled. The mood changed to some introspective thinking on her part....as I looked around I could see my brothers tool chest sitting behind her on the porch and other items of my brothers scatterd about...it really hit me how unjust this whole episode has been right from the moment my brother was murdered...anyways we left and now we await another court date to regain custody of my brothers assets....So in short all the assets which were to be distributed 50/50 are missing so I am posting pictures of the Silver 2006 Honda Civic licence plate number "ชฐ 7746", the Blue 2003 Isuzu D-max etended cab 4x4 Licence Plate " บง 4466" registered in Ranong, and my brothers most prized possesion his 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna superglide Licence Plate " รตร 21 " registered from Bangkok, in hopes that some might know there whereabouts. Here are some pics. In closing I also had a meeting with the prosecutor in the case and he was the only one who I really felt gave a hoot about the whole thing...he went above and beyond his job to help me and give me as much information about the case as he could by the way the Trial is scheduled in Ranong Courts for July 28, 29 and August 4th 2009 with another Date of August 14, 2009 which I think would be when the verdict is read...Harley.jpg

TruckCarPic.jpg

TruckPic.jpg

HousePic.jpg

Havent read the last few pages, coming in faster than I can keep up with.

A suggestion: in October there was a forigner shot, but not killed, by a hitman in Huahin see http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/expat...hin-t10562.html

After about 3 months of inaction the Prime Minister ordered the police to to solve the case and I believe sent a senior officer from BKK to head the inquirey.

2 days later the hit man, his acomplice and the wife of a property developer (not Thai) were arrested. Inference is that the police knew all along who did it and were being paid to do nothing.

A letter to the PM may just get some action.

Good luck and stay positive

Robby

A sad story and sounded familiar to me.

January 1998

The owner of the bigger ALICE BAR on a prime spot on Soi Bangla in Patong Phuket was killed with knives at dawn in his house by two man when he opened the door. He was a skinny English guy in his 60is married for some time to a Thai woman in her early 30is.

She had a lover, a police man, who was, officialy, not involved in the killing plot.

When he discoverd the love triangle he cut her off from the big money.

His assets, the bar, house, land and cash all in all about 50 Mill. Baht estimated had been than the reason for her to act.

She hired with the help of a family member Chiang Rai assailants, gave the maid a day or a early off

and went with the two Doberman dogs for a walk.

Surprisingly, in that hour the murder happened, just outside Patong in theire Villa.

I saw the pictures two weeks later in the -CRIME NEWS- very bloody!

After two days interrogation she confessed, all went to -Monkeyhouse-,

as far as I know, the killers should be still in custody, but she, was not more than a year in prison, so I was told.

They had no children together, but he had a daughter in England.

This daughter had to fight a lot with the law to get her part of the wealth of her father

and to try that the wife did not steal to much, after ordering hitman to kill her husband.

TIT-still Thailand here and not our home country.

A suggestion: in October there was a forigner shot, but not killed, by a hitman in Huahin see http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/expat...hin-t10562.html

After about 3 months of inaction the Prime Minister ordered the police to to solve the case and I believe sent a senior officer from BKK to head the inquirey.

2 days later the hit man, his acomplice and the wife of a property developer (not Thai) were arrested. Inference is that the police knew all along who did it and were being paid to do nothing.

Robby

Yes I did have every intention of contacting the Prime Minister of Thailand but there has been so much on his plate lately I figured it would get lost in the shuffle...I did have his e-mail address but I can't find it on his site anymore..? If anyone has any info on contacting him could they please pm me, also what would be the proper protocal for addressing him ?? Dear Sir, Your Honour....????....Thanks,

Joel Kom, Canwest News Service

Published: Monday, May 26, 2008

CALGARY - A Thai woman accused of orchestrating the slaying of her Canadian husband has been granted bail, according to the man's Alberta-based family.

Dale Henry, a 48-year-old who was born in Victoria, B.C., but spent much of his life in Calgary, was shot point-blank in the head in his home in Ranong, Thailand, on Feb. 3.

Maneerat Nee, Henry's wife of five years who was 27 at the time of the killing, is accused of hiring a hit man so she could collect on his $1-million life-insurance policy.

After being denied bail several times, Nee appealed and eventually won the right to pay around $21,000 to get out on bail, said Henry's sister, Mary-Jane Matheson, from her home outside Calgary.

The two others implicated in the killing remain in jail. Amornsak Keskaew, apparently Nee's lover, and Jinda Sae Tae, accused of being a hired hit man, are both charged in Henry's death.

Meanwhile, Henry's brother Richard is still in Thailand after court proceedings to have his dead brother's assets unfrozen were delayed by more than a month.

Matheson said she and her brother are waiting for the preliminary court dates to be set, likely for some time next month.

Meanwhile, the family of another Calgarian killed in Thailand is also awaiting news in June.

Leo Del Pinto, 25, was shot to death on Jan. 6 while he and a friend were walking home in Pai, Thailand. A Thai police officer has admitted to shooting Del Pinto, but said it was in self-defence, though eyewitness accounts said that wasn't the case.

Del Pinto's father, Ernie, said he's expecting a report next month from the Thailand Department of Special Investigation, which took over the case after concerns were raised over how Thai police were handling it.

He expects a court date to be set for the fall, and plans on heading to Thailand himself.

"I have to face this man that shot my innocent son," he said.

Calgary Herald

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...c1-a2a627c238d2

Fools and their money (and lives). Only a fool would buy a million dollar life ins. and make a bar girl the benificiary (or any non rich thai :o lover). Sorry to say he asked for it. Same thing happened to a very good friend of mine 7 years ago.

Robby

Yes I did have every intention of contacting the Prime Minister of Thailand but there has been so much on his plate lately I figured it would get lost in the shuffle...I did have his e-mail address but I can't find it on his site anymore..? If anyone has any info on contacting him could they please pm me, also what would be the proper protocal for addressing him ?? Dear Sir, Your Honour....????....Thanks,

write the PM ,are you joking?..................hire a friend to do a deed!!!!!!!!!! :o

Hmmm, Its been a long journey since my brothers death but I will do whatever it takes to acquire the justice my brother deserves....There are good and bad everywhere in the world...Its just really frustrating when this family seems to act above the law even after the murder of my brother...In my thought it would've been in their best interests to comply with the court ordered executorship, but they continue their mission to beneifit from his murder and keep all his assets with absolutley no regard for the thai civil court...Nee bailed herself out of Jail using my brothers money or land or whatever, and is saying she is not guilty....if you were NOT guilty surely you wouldn't steal all his assets...It really amazes me that she can remain free on bail under the circumstances....

Richard I see you are online now. I have just read through this thread as I have a vaguely similar situation in that my ex wife's sister tried to kill me last Xmas.

The Police of course were not interested "If you weren't here it wouldn't have happened". When I did all the footwork for them and presented them with incontrovertible evidence they agreed to interview her. After 3 hours they let her go as she said she didn't do it!!

I now have a really good Thai (English speaking) lawyer and I will finally get my day in court in May. We are simply doing a private prosecution which is very common here as the Police do nothing. The sister is now shitting heself having laughed at me at every opportunity. IT's a good feeling even if I don't get justice.

If you are unhappy with your lawyer please let me know and I will put you in touch wit mine. The whole process can be bypassed and you can get your day in court. I dare say even if they are found not Guilty in the state's hearing you can still get a private retrial.

I admire your fortitude and would be more than willing to talk to you if you want. Don't give up, Justice can be obtained in the country. My ex GF has been sentenced to 8 years for theft. It took 2.5 years but it was worth it!!

Listen, guaranteed the murdering wife has used your husbands money to pay off the police, assume at this point that nothing will be done. This is the wild west, I know how hard it is as a Canadian to accept but anyone with money in this country is practically untouchable. Nothing will be done as it stands, you need to start applying pressure or considering other options. But waiting for Thailand to do the right thing will be a long wait... like forever.

Listen, guaranteed the murdering wife has used your husbands money to pay off the police, assume at this point that nothing will be done. This is the wild west, I know how hard it is as a Canadian to accept but anyone with money in this country is practically untouchable. Nothing will be done as it stands, you need to start applying pressure or considering other options. But waiting for Thailand to do the right thing will be a long wait... like forever.

I dont agree. A good lawyer can start a Private Prosecution against the 3. He can summon the Police Investigators as witnesses and if they lie on the witness stand they can prosecuted for perjury just like at home. They will be forced to show all their evidence and justice can and will be done.

The judges here are not as easily bought as the police especially in Farang cases because they are worried that their judgments will get a very wide airing.

Get a good lawyer.

I know this is practically a life sentence on both sides, the husband was killed, the wife bails out, very tragic.:o..But we have to leave it to high authorities, they know what to do...

The authorities know what to do? LEAVE IT TO THEM?! lol just get off the boat buddy? Just read a newspaper and see if that is true. Unbelievable...

Unless his family exerts enormous pressure and invests alot of money they will never see even a glimpse of justice. If left to the higher authorities to do the right thing then NOTHING will be done. This is Thailand!

Sorry for the family of the deceased.

I'm American and I don't have a lot of faith the the US Embassy would be of much help in these situations. IMHO embassy staff is there to receive a salary and eventually collect a pension. They go through the motions but really helping citizens in need is a low priority. I think embassies (US anyway) are there to promote bilateral trade and charge outrageous notary fees :o

Prove me wrong but I'm skeptical...

I know this is practically a life sentence on both sides, the husband was killed, the wife bails out, very tragic.:o..But we have to leave it to high authorities, they know what to do...

The authorities know what to do? LEAVE IT TO THEM?! lol just get off the boat buddy? Just read a newspaper and see if that is true. Unbelievable...

Unless his family exerts enormous pressure and invests alot of money they will never see even a glimpse of justice. If left to the higher authorities to do the right thing then NOTHING will be done. This is Thailand!

Yes unfortunately you are correct. It's bad pu :D blicity the Thais want to avoid, everthing gets hushed. No noise ,then it never happened. If you want justice then pray . The afterlife is comming for all of us.

It's tough enough going through all of this, Richard has put his life on hold for 6 months to be in Thailand to see Justice is served for Dale. That is more than half the battle!! Giving up would surely bring negative results! Dale was kind and took good care of all his Thai family...perhaps that was a fault in the end?? He did not see it coming, days before he was murdered, one of his e-mails said he was so lucky to have such a wonderful wife. I don't and won't group all thai people in the category I would put this disgraceful family. I visited her in Jail shortly after the murder, this woman did not shed one tear!! Her family did not show any emotion or respect either when they were at the service (Wat). Envelopes were taken from there too by the Mother! This really isn't even about nationality...it's about good, bad, right and wrong!!

the dearly departed is just as guilty as the thai girl in this case in his demise . what was he thinking?

What a cruel, insensitive thing to say!! You horrible person.

patsycat, i feel very sorry for the deceased and his family/siblings, however there is no doubt in my mind had the deceased had my and goodheartedman's take on his situation he'd be alive today. would you put the price on your life that the deceased did. agree with ghm i'm afraid. also sorry to say that every canaian that i know that married a thai girl sing there praises like its there first time in love, why this common attitude. personaly i try to be the exception.

Thank you for everyone's kind wishes and positive contributions. It all does really lift the spirit and a great motivator.

I forgot to mention about the website. The second person who stepped in to help has disappeared (March 17) after all the work he did to set up the www.murderinthailand.com site. He even transfered the domain to his server...lol. I can't help it to laugh at myself :) We are going to work at getting that back?? Don't send any e-mail on that site, don't know where it goes at this point. If that person is here under a different name, hope everything is ok.

We will work very hard on the www.murderinthailand.ca site from here on. Richard did put an update on it April 27th. The guestbook, haven't figured out how to find that?? We'll get there! Trial is 3 short months away!!

Thanks Again!

the dearly departed is just as guilty as the thai girl in this case in his demise . what was he thinking?

I believe the only thing Mr. Henry was 'guilty' of is showing the kind of love and trust you would want in a soul mate. He was obviously a very generous person and thought highly of his wife and her family. In hind sight, we can say that his wife and at least a part of her family were not deserving of a man like Mr. Henry. Evil diabolical people often camoflage themselfs very well. That has been proven through the years everywhere in the world. Some may say that Mr. Henry should have done this or that different, should have had a prenup, should have kept his worth hidden, etc., etc.. It seems obvious that Mr. Henry wanted a wife he could love and trust to the fullest, not a toy, not a dog. Unfortunately he got a monster.

I believe the only thing Mr. Henry was 'guilty' of is showing the kind of love and trust you would want in a soul mate. He was obviously a very generous person and thought highly of his wife and her family. In hind sight, we can say that his wife and at least a part of her family were not deserving of a man like Mr. Henry. Evil diabolical people often camoflage themselfs very well. That has been proven through the years everywhere in the world. Some may say that Mr. Henry should have done this or that different, should have had a prenup, should have kept his worth hidden, etc., etc.. It seems obvious that Mr. Henry wanted a wife he could love and trust to the fullest, not a toy, not a dog. Unfortunately he got a monster.

You are so right....Thanks, it was the most accurate and nicest post I've read in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Siamiam...thanks for that. Isn't that what we all strive for? It did take Dale 42 years to believe he found true love in his life. Many of you reading this seem to find fault in his actions? That needs to lay where it deserves to be...

Siamiam...thanks for that. Isn't that what we all strive for? It did take Dale 42 years to believe he found true love in his life. Many of you reading this seem to find fault in his actions? That needs to lay where it deserves to be...

My wife is 16 yrs younger than me, we have been together 7 years, 5 of them living in Thailand. An old saying which rings out some truth is, if the girl has been 'working' for more than six months. It is differcult to bring them back! They learn how to milk a man, It doesn't matter if it takes years, they become good at it, and their families are usually in the 'know'!

And yes! We do know some farang's who are being taken for a ride one way or another...But, will they listen? No! But we have been able to put some protection their way, such as lease contracts, and different bank account and wills.

But, day to day? Alas some will just carry on with a beer in hand from morning to night!

The legal system in Thailand is good and will protect married men both Thai and Farang. And the justice system works very well, but, very very slowly. as the people who work in government departments, and that includes the police will not take responsiblity for there actions and always pass it up the ladder to the top. (In other words Thai's are not happy to take the blame, if something goes wrong!).

So a signature for a copy to be sent for instance, which should take 10mins, in Thailand takes 24 hours, as it goes up the ladder...and if there is a mistake, and in Thai writing that happens alot! down the ladder it comes. I have known some dcuments for my teachers paperwork take 2 months to get the pack together here go to Bangkok, sit on a desk for month, then decided the attached letter was now out of date, sent back to here, sit on a desk for three weeks, before being given back to me, to print another new dated later. And its now gone back to Bangkok. Time invovled 3 months 2 weeks, results: Unknown at present. Get the idea?

Edited by peterandcat