Thai Woman Charged In Husband's Killing Out On Bail, Family Says

funfun

We are not allowed to have a lawyer acting as co-prosecutor as Thai Law states it can only be provided by a Father, Mother, Son or Daughter....we are not allowed access to any of the evidence against the accused as we are not any of these and it does not matter if he does not have any of the above as this is written in Thai law.......What can a lawyer with access to no information do ??

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not allowed to have a lawyer acting as co-prosecutor as Thai Law states it can only be provided by a Father, Mother, Son or Daughter....we are not allowed access to any of the evidence against the accused as we are not any of these and it does not matter if he does not have any of the above as this is written in Thai law.......What can a lawyer with access to no information do ??

For me it would be a challenge to find a way out of such a stupid rule in Thai law. There MUST be a way to overcome this problem and therefore important to find a TOP Lawyer from Bangkok, not from Ranong; or at least the leading lawyer from BKK.

Why don't you and MJ post a new topic in General topics for a cry-out for a top lawyers office if your Embassy is not wishing/wanting to give you any further help ?

LaoPo

Personally, I think our embassy should put a little pressure on the Human Rights Commission? This goes against all Human Rights, How are we as a family supposed to make any stand or have a voice for Dale? We were told at the beginning that we could (or lawyer) act as co-prosecuters. I'm not sure why they didn't say that at the beginning? All the money that lawyer took?? Like pissin in the wind!!

We don't have unlimited funds. If we did we wouldn't hesitate to have a couple of good lawyers...strange though...Nee has three lawyers!! How troubling is that?

It would be very helpful if anyone does have good pics...need them for the web page? Please contact me if anyone has any.

Thankyou

Nope, I have "a cunning plan" to cause big loss of face for the trio. :o

I wonder if the cops would 'sell' their mugshots to us for some tea money?

Besides killing for money, that's another thing that gets people killed in Thailand.

This is just a horrible story and case. Is the evil lady still out on bail? The other two?

I would pay for tea...LOL, I could really use those mug shots anyways!!

You know I don't feel guilty...Dale would be proud of our efforts. If I do nothing..his words would be "are you really that stupid?" He was always pushing us to do our best and helped any way he could. He was the oldest of us three.

Besides killing for money, that's another thing that gets people killed in Thailand.

This is just a horrible story and case. Is the evil lady still out on bail? The other two?

She is still out, the gunman was released I believe just over 3 weeks ago. He regularly passes our front door, almost every day. I thinkl he is shacked up in the neighbouring Moo Ban with his Mia Noi.

She is still out, the gunman was released I believe just over 3 weeks ago. He regularly passes our front door, almost every day. I thinkl he is shacked up in the neighbouring Moo Ban with his Mia Noi.

I hope he who lives by the sword, will die by the sword, and very soon. Must be a sick woman who would shack up with him.

It would be very helpful if anyone does have good pics...need them for the web page? Please contact me if anyone has any.

Thankyou

I wonder if the cops would 'sell' their mugshots to us for some tea money?

Please let MaryJane or Richard know what it is you plan on doing before you proceed.

They need help, not more problems. What if what you do ends up working against them?

SWMBO has just told me the gun man is behind bars again. He is said to have killed someone on tuesday in Phato, Chumpon province.

That judge must be so proud of himself now. :o

Indeed.

Though I guess they'd just have hired someone else if this chap was unavailable :D .

(Who or what is SWMBO ?)

SWMBO has just told me the gun man is behind bars again. He is said to have killed someone on tuesday in Phato, Chumpon province.

Can you keep an eye out and please find a news article (if there even is one)?

I ll get the old news papers at my friend`s shop see if there is anything in there. I doubt it though.

I seriously doubt their will be anything in print. My wife only normally buys a paper to check the lottery, so any news is likely to be of the local talk. I must admit though, to not seeing him this week, and he normally passes our house in the morning.

I have an update.

It appears the BIB who arrested him was not from the local force, and was unaware of his release. He thought he had escaped and rearrested him in connction with the murder of a Nai Yok Orbodor in Kapoe last year.

That is so disappointing...I thought he was in for the long haul. Really, what is his incentive to return..."The Death Sentence"... Logic? Come on Thailand!!!

Colleen, Please send pictures.

The website is under construction.

Would you like me to send them to your home address of email them to you?