What Do You Miss About The Uk

BIG SPUDS

If you live in thailand,

What do you miss about the UK?

What would you like to be able to go to the shops and buy easily like you could in the UK?

What would you like to import?

Just being noisey!!!

When i stay in LOS i miss UK food. Not a fan of thai food as much as i want to be!!

But cant seem to find anything i like to eat.

Always come back the UK looking like a skeleton.

Is it just me?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Spuds... you should be able to get most stuff that your used to eating in the UK in Thailand, more so in Bangkok/Pattaya/Chiang Mai etc... If not exactly what you are looking for, something pretty close...

Just being noisey!!!

Please stop being so noisey...some people are trying to sleep.. :o:D

totster :D

Burnt out cars,

miserable faces,

fat slags with attitude with a capital 'A' (thumb thing),

Fine rain that soaks you through,

Waking up when it's dark,

Junk mail,

bills,

polythene sacks asking for your 'clean' clothes and tinned food,

the whirr of the milk float at 4am waking you up with a hard on,

the whirr of the returning milk float at 4.05am while you still got your hard on,

The nameless neighbours who dive into their cars and pretend not to see you,

Hedghogs,

Christmas shoppers,

You see what your're missing.

Going to the pub with yer mates on a freezing cold December night, paying for your drinks when you get them and then having a snowball fight on the back to my house to do a load of pills.

HMMMMM might not seem much to many people but i'm sure some know what i mean.

Cheers Mango :o

The Child Support Agency, Income Tax, Road Tax, TV licence, National Insurance, Self assesment, queing at the post office to pay for the road tax, tv licence.

Safeway and the sunday rush, parking my car in a city centre, bonfire night and the month before and after, christ carol singers, trick or treat, window sales men calling at the door, window sales people calling while your eating your dinner. Driving home after a 9hour day, driving to work. Bristish post, waiting 1hour for the food to be cooked and served at a pub lunch. the two weeks before payday, british tv, the men down the pub, the darts team, pool team , local football team, everyone trying to raise money for another useless cause that you have no interest in but have to give anyway, the mother in law, father in law, brother in law, sister in law, speed camera's, points on your licence, insurance increase becasue of speeding points, waiting at the bus stop after losing the licence, waiting in the rain for the bus, sitting on the bus with teenagers. Paying tax for the single teenagers pushing push chairs. Being told i cannot claim the dole because i lost my job as a result of losing my driving licence and was not made redundent. Cold morning, winter mornings, the clock going back, the clock going forward, tv shows about home repair, the wife moaning because she wonts a new, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, garden, husband, my best mate for moving in with my wife and fitting the, kitchen, bathrrom, bedroom, my new bed sit, the noise of the neighbours partying till 4am while my ex best mate gets down to more nailing in my old bedroom,

wow i feel better all ready :o

Please let me know if you require more things i miss about the uk

I'm not at all suprised about the posts for negative things.. but then some people just can't cope and fool themselves into believing they can run away from these things..

Run away from the ability to cope I mean.

Marmite

The HUNDREDS of good REAL beers (not those poncy, gassy, too-cold-to-taste things).

Thick, GREEN, vegetation.

Badgers having a punch-up in the back garden (I kid you not!).

People who speak an English that means what it says.

I'm moving to LoS soon. I will need to adjust. :o

MARMITE; marmite on toast; marmite and cottage cheese on French stick; marmite.........................

Potatos

hedgehogs

autumn

winter

peaches and nectarines

the peace of people who leave you alone

Don't miss

mother, father, or any family member

neurotic, irritable English folk

Eastenders

And BTW, STELLA is his wife

If you live in thailand,

What do you miss about the UK?

What would you like to be able to go to the shops and buy easily like you could in the UK?

What would you like to import?

not too much I guess - I am from Switzerland :o

Bread that tastes like it is supposed too........... especially when toasted and you got a severe munch on.

i'll go with that Stella Vote always (aka wife beater).

Its a good business idea. I see a shop doing very well in Sydney Australia, catering for us brits. Stacked with crisps chocolates sweats, ya know them ones you used to be able to get rubarb and custards, cola cubes, sherbert saucers.etc.

People would just clear the shelves every time a new delivery arrived.

I see a shop doing very well in Sydney Australia, catering for us brits. Stacked with crisps

We call 'em chips :o

Must admit after living in the uk I miss Shreddies, favourite thing to wake up to (apart from a man :D), also like a nice, cold, pint of wife beater :D