What Do You Miss About The Uk

BIG SPUDS

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be good fish n chips for me and potatoes that will roast properly, otherwise can get most stuff I like to eat here, just have to cook it myself, going to try a pork mince lasagna any day now, should be interesting. Oh one more, Indian food, not one restaurant in Udon, seems odd that Thais don't like it.

Also have the same problem with not liking Thai food much, drives me nuts because it looks so tasty, hey ho.

One other, good English documentries, Horizon etc

Otherwise I don't miss anything about the UK honestly.

Some of the good old British comedies on TV. I am fed up with the American sitcoms on UBC.

Fresh air, walks on a cold windy beach. My family. Being able to walk on the footpath without danger of being run over by motorbikes or taxis. Driving my car knowing that there are no motorbikes driving on the wrong side of the road.

I love Thai food but once in a while fancy good old English food. Most of it can be bought in Bangkok supermarkets and there are many good English pubs.

Otherwise nothing.

also like a nice, cold, pint of wife beater :D

Ahhh... but which one... ?? The "stella" variety or the "cider" variety..??

totster :D

oiy, stella of course - am an aussie and luv my beer :o:D and for the record never hung out at (but have been to) the church, walkabout and redback - however would make a guest appearance at the Slug and Lettuce (aka Sluts and Legless :D:wub: ) in Fulham, as lived in the area. -_-

Oh one more, Indian food, not one restaurant in Udon, seems odd that Thais don't like it.

Actually, many do, but some call it 'men' (w/ rising tone) 'stinky' due to the use of Ghee (clarified butter) in many Indian dishes... I like the smell, and it brings back fond memories of an Indian GF many many years ago.... :o

.... I miss Shreddies, favourite thing to wake up to .....

Oh, no!! Why did I have to read this thread? Shreddies! :o My favourite cereal. Haven't had any in two years....

This is a very masochistic thread. Think I'll un-subscribe from this one. :D

OK, time to eat. Think I'll have 3 lamb chops, real chips (french fries for the USA readers :D ), peas and a couple of cans (tinnies for the antipodean readers :D ) of Beer Singha. And I'll try to forget all about Shreddies. And Marmite, of course. cry_smile.gif

to the guy who misses fish 'n' chips....there is a bar (Offshore ?? i think) near soi cowboy in bkk that is owned by a brit and does cod and chips, mushy peas, steak and kidney pie etc..not dear .

no , not dear.... but then not very good either. :o

I don't miss marmite cos I've got a stockpile of it.

But.....

wine gums (can get half decent ones in marks and spencers central ladphrao)

twiglets

decent sausages (although the ones from villa are pretty good)

stella

English Indian and Chinese restaurants (is there a chinese restaurant in Bangkok that does crispy duck in pancakes?)

Fish n' chips

kebabs

For an impressive little restaurant try Le Dalat. Pretty garden entry, pleasantly elegant interior decor & food presentation, & great service. Last year's Bangkok Best Restaurants Award, Vietnam category. Suk 23

:o

I'm certain they do duck and pancakes!

English Indian and Chinese restaurants (is there a chinese restaurant in Bangkok that does crispy duck in pancakes?)

Off topic - sorry!

If you mean proper Peking Duck, with the skin sliced off thinly and served with pancakes - try Chand Phen - on Rama IV just about opposite Lumpini Boxing Stadium.

Lots of other places too but this one is the easiest to find!

And if you want good British beer you have to go north!

Yep. No soft southern shandy drinking bastards up here. :D

Try a night out in Newcastle. People are so much more friendly up here. Loads of fit birds, easy to approach, and you gotta love a geordie girls accent. :o

And if you want good British beer you have to go north!

Yep. No soft southern shandy drinking bastards up here. :D

Try a night out in Newcastle. People are so much more friendly up here. Loads of fit birds, easy to approach, and you gotta love a geordie girls accent. :o

Shandy is the only way northerners can handle strong Southern beer. :D