The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

....... squirted them with napalm now and again , but disrespect .... never.

Well, I thought that was funny, only for it to be followed by:

As I was about to lift the lid, I saw that it was soaked in yellow urine. I walked out, bumped into Mr. Grumpy and said, "somebody pissed all over the toilet seat!" He said with some pride, "yeah that was me." I said "why in the hel_l did you do that?" He said smugly, "to keep the f**cking c*nts out of there. That's the men's toilet!"

:o:D:D:D:D

What a very strange sense of humour!!!

You've obviously never been to Bootle.

I have.

I helped on the refurbishment of the local Burger King.

I stayed in a B&B for two weeks.

It's not something I like to talk about....................

I have.

I helped on the refurbishment of the local Burger King.

I stayed in a B&B for two weeks.

It's not something I like to talk about....................

So have I - a pal I was sharing a house with at Uni was from there - I stayed with him when me him and his Dad worked security on the gate of the Grand National - what a place :o

Did you know that 'hoohah' has a different meaning in Oz ?

No. Please enlighten me.

To enlighten yourself, take tissue paper, book and good hose to the little boys room.

Must have been specific to your household my friend, perhaps it was your mummy's pet word for the act. Personally I have never heard the word used in any other context than as used by US Marines. :o

This thread 5ucks! After following it for several days and was off awhile during weekends and back on again just to find that the pic was deleted by someone!? Come'on guys, where's the freedom of the press!!!

Umm it's not a newspaper founded on such noble sentiments.

It took years of planning to mount D-Day. Poor Carl can't tame this savage beast on his own. C'mon now, don't give in to the Tokyo Rose and Lord Haw Haws in here that are pushing detfeat. Now is the time to move forward. Monty beat Rommel just when many in England were ready to give up. Show some pluck and hang in there. Remember the words of the great Churchill that saved the world from faciast tyranny; Victory is at hand!!!!

Must have been specific to your household my friend, perhaps it was your mummy's pet word for the act. Personally I have never heard the word used in any other context than as used by US Marines. :D

It is also used by the Navy Seals. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

How big was your unit? Just curious...

Depends on the mission. I was with the 3rd Marine Division - thousands of grunts but of course Vietnam wasn't WWII. We fought in Battalion strength, platoon, regiment, etc. Scariest was the 4-man night ambush squad. Four of us in the black jungle all night -insects, f**ucking ants! leeches, and the ever present danger of bushmasters (deadly snakes) not to mention the enemy itself. You have no idea how f**cking how terrifying that was for a bunch of 20 year old pimply faced kids from Kansas, California, Illinois, Florida, etc. You have no idea at all. We never asked for it. F**cking US Govt forced us. We were'nt gungho killers...just a bunch a boys scared to death every fuc_king minute...think about that... squatting in a mud hole full of god knows what in the pitch darkness ...waiting for whatever...

No picnic.

oh boy :D what a hel_l f..... first thing to read to kick start my slow boring morning.......

I feel like :

I want to do something

like:

LET'S GO TO WAR :o

carlbkk
which implies I am obsessed with people's actions?

well , you have spent the best part of a week lurking around the emporium , mapping out little known entrances , noting the times that doors open , the times that guards show up , planning strategies that will deprive this customer of his "regular"place , obtaining and reporting on the content of phone calls between this customer and the staff , questioning the staff as to the movements of the customer , co-ordinating with other posters as to when to turn up , how to get there first , how to arrange the seating and posting regular updates on a website.

i could go on , but i dont want to appear obsessed with this topic.

I am sick and tired of a few posters here who continue to critisize Carll and the rest of us. have you guys seen the amount of support he gets, sure, we must be all wrong and the handfull of you are right. :o

Compare it to sports, if you want to be the best and win you have to make an effort. So all athletes are compulsive then and should get a life .this is not about wasting time or getting a "life", this is life and if that sound stupid to you who cares. Dont tell us what we should do with our lives, we didn't come to thailand for that. I like to "waste" my time . Better than sitting in an office from 9 to five. You must have such an important life that you can't waste any time that you have . good one for You.

I admire carll for standing up to a bully like the GOM and if I were in bangkok and my "schedule" :D allowed me to do the same I would do so.

Now all you nay sayers, go find another topic and stop bothering us.

Kiwis also use it in their fields around dusk....sometimes at dawn also.

We could probably go on Ad Nauseum about the origins of various words, the horrors of War or a township just outside Liverpool on another thread. Let's get back to the GOM. No reports so far today, is anyone heading to Emporium? Interesting how this topic on Facebook garners only support for Carl's action and disdain for the GOM!

This thread 5ucks! After following it for several days and was off awhile during weekends and back on again just to find that the pic was deleted by someone!? Come'on guys, where's the freedom of the press!!!

um ... that was left to - wait for it - the press.

Any news on who made the stool today?

i make a stool most days but suspect that is not what you are asking. seems your thread has died an ignoble death. shame.

I am sick and tired of a few posters here who continue to critisize Carll and the rest of us. have you guys seen the amount of support he gets, sure, we must be all wrong and the handfull of you are right. :o

Compare it to sports, if you want to be the best and win you have to make an effort. So all athletes are compulsive then and should get a life .this is not about wasting time or getting a "life", this is life and if that sound stupid to you who cares. Dont tell us what we should do with our lives, we didn't come to thailand for that. I like to "waste" my time . Better than sitting in an office from 9 to five. You must have such an important life that you can't waste any time that you have . good one for You.

I admire carll for standing up to a bully like the GOM and if I were in bangkok and my "schedule" :D allowed me to do the same I would do so.

You have to be joking right?

If the OP had stood up to the bully by confronting this guy pointing out that his behaviour was unacceptable, I would probably agree with your notion.

However what has happened here seems pretty cowardly and infantile to me.

But hey if I you guys want to have a bit of fun with this so called bully that's OK by me, but please don't call what is happening here courageous, it's infantile behaviour and nothing more.

My 2 cents

onzestan

That is the point, he freaks out if you are within 10ft of his reserved area.... takes stools away from said area, so he can have his space all alone. Who is exactly being infantile???? Surely its not Carl and those who have tried to eat there. :o

please don't call what is happening here courageous, it's infantile behaviour and nothing more.

Agreed. Gang mentality that has bred out of nothing more than a desperation to be outraged.

I wonder what outcome the witch-hunters want, or expect. Maybe he'll break down and say, "You're right, you're right, I'm a terrible person. Thank you for helping me see that.'' Or maybe, he'll pull himself up to his full five foot two and smack a TVer on the nose. Now, I'd like to see THAT on YouTube.

Keep poking at the hornet nest boys, it's the only way you'll learn.

You have to be joking right?

If the OP had stood up to the bully by confronting this guy pointing out that his behaviour was unacceptable, I would probably agree with your notion.

But hey if I you guys want to have a bit of fun with this so called bully that's OK by me, but please don't call what is happening here courageous, it's infantile behaviour and nothing more.

My 2 cents

onzestan

I "admire" him, because he treats the GOM the same way i would do .I like his style .

i would even probably follow the GOM home or to his car if he annoyed me this much and slit his tyres . Maby I am a coward but then, that's me

It's a rather long thread. But I do remember Carl was trying to speak with the guy on two different occasions, but the guy was not going to talk to Carl.

Yep, twice I've tried to talk to him. Short of following him out of the shop, he doesn't even want to acknowledge that there are other customers who have a right to eat within 3 metres of him, let alone discuss this issue with them. The next time someone gets his seat (possibly me) and he gets rude I'll certainly try harder.

Polecat, this is no hornets nest. The guy's a grumpy businessman not a psycho. So far the staff have been pleased that he's been polite to them, so no...maybe he won't give up the stool-moving, space reservation plan, but at least he MAY be learning that people are out to test him and that his bad attitude has not got him no fans, so he's doing something about it. As I said...we won't know until one day he's late and someone's in his place.

Ok you insatiable lot, no-one got there (again) before him so he was the only one sitting at his place this morning. (Note to TV...must try harder...must get up earlier) :o

Gotta say one thing...this guy is determined!

Edited by CarlBkk