The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Has any of the operatives returned from todays mission yet? What happened? I am getting sick of all this sideline BS. Lets hear some action!!

Shamefully I think most operatives have either retired from the mission or have mis-timed their approach. GOM is 100% focussed of maintaining his success rate.

Brit, you're right! If anyone did move a stool to his vicinity the Sunday League could become the First Division very quickly. He knows me and knows I'm trying to wind him up now but I'll test it if no-one else will.

Edited by CarlBkk

have you guys seen the amount of support he gets, sure, we must be all wrong and the handfull of you are right.

yeah , 20 pages of armchair supporters cheering from the back , and about 2 people who have actually shown up , sat down , had a cup of tea and promptly buggered off.

comparing it to sports , after 10 days of "action" there is still no score. the sunday league lives on.

Edited by taxexile

I saw the guy's picture on another - less savory - website and he does indeed move the chairs near him somewhere else and puts his stuff on the rest so no one else can sit near him. I've been there before and there are only a few seats, so what he is doing is more than just annoying! :o

I have gone there twice; once he was a no show, and once I was too late.

I would go more, being retired and doing absolutely nothing all day. However I am also afflicted with OCD and can't seem to break my morning routine of coffee and the newspaper at 'my spot'.

It is conflicting with my desire to roust him from his 'spot'. I'll see if I can adjust my timing tomorrow to get my OCD issues addressed earlier so I can go try to disrupt his morning.

I have gone there twice; once he was a no show, and once I was too late.

I would go more, being retired and doing absolutely nothing all day. However I am also afflicted with OCD and can't seem to break my morning routine of coffee and the newspaper at 'my spot'.

It is conflicting with my desire to roust him from his 'spot'. I'll see if I can adjust my timing tomorrow to get my OCD issues addressed earlier so I can go try to disrupt his morning.

where is "your spot"?

I will never divulge my 'spot'. The last thing I need is my life scrutinized, ridiculed, and/or god forbid; have someone sit in 'my' chair.

That would set my totally manageable OCD (and sporadic paranoia) off into full blown illnesses.

I don't understand, I'd purposely move to his area by now even if he arrived before me... I think its high time someone gets off the pot and has a piss or we can all just pack it all in.

Uh brit.

If you moved into his area, there wouldn't be room for anyone else ! :o

It would almost be like that "kurgen sandwich" at the Pattaya PissUp a couple years ago ! :D

(I am fortunate in that I'm pretty sure I can run faster scared than britmaveric can when mad !) :D

Maybe someone should print this topic off and give it to the GOM, i wonder what his reaction would be.

Good idea - when the topic gets closed, as inevitably it will within the next day or so, it would be a good way to put it to some use despite the fact that it'll be closed.

Edited by dantilley

So I live in Koh Lanta and cannot really go to occupy that seat as I would love to. Do they have Internet there?? Can someone set up a webcam so I can enjoy the fun from my dreamy island? Please let me know if you do this, when prime time is 10am or 12pm? Maybe you could repeat the highlights on Sunday evenings.

Shame he is a Brit, I dont like us letting the side down.

So I live in Koh Lanta and cannot really go to occupy that seat as I would love to. Do they have Internet there?? Can someone set up a webcam so I can enjoy the fun from my dreamy island? Please let me know if you do this, when prime time is 10am or 12pm? Maybe you could repeat the highlights on Sunday evenings.

So i think you should you get a life..

Hey don't be lazy. Find your own Mr Grumpy in your area. :o

This thread has given me a right laugh... don't get many at the moment :o

Carl, i think the only way you're going to get him now is this:

Everybody backs off & butts out for now, except you. For maybe 2 weeks. BUT you never go until AFTER 11am each day.

He will think its game over & realise he no longer has to rush to be there by 10.

When he again becomes complacent you organise a TV sting, 09.50hrs sharp ;-) cameras, lights, action :D

Edited by Lancashirelad

Thoroughly amused by the thread. Carl and the others of the Mission Impossible team, don't give up!

Found your F/Book group and joined that also.

Good Work boys.

Guest Bellini

I've been thinking, if I had been a regular customer at this cafe for many years, coming for breakfast most every day at opening time, I would consider it a nice gesture if the cafe kept my regular seat free for me. It would not give me the right to be grumpy or be abusive to the staff, of course, but the GOM seems to have improved in that respect according to Carl's latest reports.

No action yet ???

If this goes on without any action I'll be in Bangkok from 20 june , be warned , that stool is mine!!!!

MINE ! MINE ! MINE!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:o