The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

I'm completely hooked.

Please keep up full daily efforts, this is better than Big Brother.. :o

Yes, but so is having your balls nailed to a table top.

:D

Dinsdale? Careful! Here comes spiny Normanspiny-norman-59306.jpg

this thread should have been closed a long time ago let alone running 28 pages

and especially when some more interesting topics get deleted after 5 posts something not right on TV these days

"Stop internet censorship - free speech" is what your avatar says, in case you forgot what you stand for.

Nothing has actually happened despite several of us "attempting" to provoke the GOM's angry reaction by trying to get to a public space in a cafe before him. He's golfing some days of the week so it's not an everyday occurance as I had thought, but the Oriental certainly haven't lost a customer...everything has remained the same. When he does show he's got there first. GOM 3-0 and I'm sure still no idea what's going on.

so posting someone pic on a public forum without their consent and trying to humiliate them in public then posting about it for the amusement of others is the way ahead is it

So how would you take it if the tables were turned,i mean someone posting your pic all over the net and writing a load of <deleted> about you

would you accept it .... :o

If this fun and entertaining post is beneath you, please close the door on the way out. But you will return as you have before. Addictive isn't it?.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

any updates?

Yep, turned up this morning and placed a stool near to his corner. His taxi broke down on the way so he was late and came 5 mins after me. He squeezed into his place and made his calls without fuss this time. He probably didn't like it but hid his frustration.

any updates?

Yep, turned up this morning and placed a stool near to his corner. His taxi broke down on the way so he was late and came 5 mins after me. He squeezed into his place and made his calls without fuss this time. He probably didn't like it but hid his frustration.

Is it that the "educational" program you have initiated is working ?

any updates?

This is probably a really stupid question, but why didn't you sit in his seat in the corner? :o

any updates?

This is probably a really stupid question, but why didn't you sit in his seat in the corner? :o

No it's a good question, and I nearly took his place, but then thought I'll test his reaction by sitting right next to it first...as before when this happened (before he was moving the stools away) he still got mad. I have a feeling the "re-education" program is working as the staff seemed happy with his change of manners and no further episodes of public aggression, and said they hope it continues. He can almost be released into mainstream society again now, after the final test of course.

any updates?

No it's a good question, and I nearly took his place, but then thought I'll test his reaction by sitting right next to it first...as before when this happened (before he was moving the stools away) he still got mad. I have a feeling the "re-education" program is working as the staff seemed happy with his change of manners and no further episodes of public aggression, and said they hope it continues. He can almost be released into mainstream society again now, after the final test of course.

I think you should have taken his place.

Either the rehabilitation programme is working, or we can expect to see photos of a farang with a high powered rifle on top of a condo block in news clippings soon.

Edited by burman

So- he squeezed into the corner with the flower vase, menu box and all of the other "stuff" sitting down there without throwing a tantrum?

Excellent!! :o

I'm happy to hear that this guy just might have learned something! Tks for the update!

So- he squeezed into the corner with the flower vase, menu box and all of the other "stuff" sitting down there without throwing a tantrum?

Excellent!! :o

I'm happy to hear that this guy just might have learned something! Tks for the update!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't know what was in that vase but it smelled like sh@t!!!

And yesI have learned my lesson... :D

It's possible, but the final test will determine if personality correction has been achieved. I'll give it a few days then turn up early and take his preferred place.

my guess is the target is a reader here......... hope you learnt your lesson Grumpy Old Man 55555555

It's possible, but the final test will determine if personality correction has been achieved. I'll give it a few days then turn up early and take his preferred place.

my guess is the target is a reader here......... hope you learnt your lesson Grumpy Old Man 55555555

OK GOM, you can spill the beans now....Who are you ?

A lot of these guys read Thai Visa.

The man that pissed me off by speaking Pidgin English to other Farangs on the "What do you hate that other farangs do" thread, has stopped speaking Pidgin English after 3 solid years - at least to me. I have run into him several times lately and he spoke normal English and surprised the heck out of me. :o

I don't understand the fun behind it.

He is obviously a person with a manic-depressive condition - could be borderline syndrom or any other obsessiveness.

No fun for him and no fun for anybody making fun of him.

Medication may help, but such persons are mostly suicidal. You can suppress the symptoms, but not heal the condition.

A person very close to me, very good at heart, is in a similar situation.

Instead of making fun of him, why not try to help?

He is obviously a person with a manic-depressive condition - could be borderline syndrom or any other obsessiveness.

Your keenly astute discernment and observations, the in depth case history review and following diagnosis of someone you never met, but only read about on an anonymous forum are frankly; incredible. You should be picking the winning lottery numbers, (or adjust your medication).

This guy was a jerk to everyone around him and I think CarlBkk's behavior modification technique may have its merits in helping the GOM go on to lead a productive, healthier (if not happier, then at least perhaps less confrontational) life here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

I don't understand the fun behind it.

No fun for him and no fun for anybody making fun of him.

Medication may help, but such persons are mostly suicidal. You can suppress the symptoms, but not heal the condition.

A person very close to me, very good at heart, is in a similar situation.

Instead of making fun of him, why not try to help?

:D:o

Good job you never worked in the Mental Health sector, as there would never be enough beds or therapists available. :D

Your keenly astute discernment and observations, the in depth case history review and following diagnosis of someone you never met, but only read about on an anonymous forum are frankly; incredible. You should be picking the winning lottery numbers, (or adjust your medication).

This guy was a jerk to everyone around him and I think CarlBkk's behavior modification technique may have its merits in helping the GOM go on to lead a productive, healthier (if not happier, then at least perhaps less confrontational) life here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Get over yourself - behaviour modification technique - just exactly how far up your own arse can one get - amazing?

Its like the school bullies - little men with no balls

OK GOM, you can spill the beans now....Who are you ?

I thought it was understood, Jingthing of course, :o

Get over yourself - behaviour modification technique - just exactly how far up your own arse can one get - amazing?

Its like the school bullies - little men with no balls

I'm pretty sure it was said tongue in cheek, don't you think?

I'd say no balls would have been to do nothing. I'd also say bullies bully those deemed weaker than oneself (demure Thai female staff in this instance).