The Grumpiest Ex-pat In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Ha ha carlbkk- not a love story, we are both in a relationship with other people!

But good to chat and I met an interesting person :D (Txs to GOM, TV & The Oriental!) :o

Edited by Andiamo

However, this morning when I showed up at my 'spot' to drink my coffee and read my paper someone was in MY chair!! Now I go to a food court that opens at 9 and has over 120 chairs, I know that because I counted them today. (Part of my OCD is a counting disorder; floor/ceiling tiles, light fixtures, etc). This food court is usually deserted with only the staff of the various food vendors in there at that time of the morning. True believers may attribute it to 'karma' but I think it was just dumb luck that of all the seats in the entire food court a foreigner decided to sit in the chair I've sat in nearly every morning for 3 years?

As an aside: I DIDN'T slam my paper down, curse loudly, speak rudely or make any scene when I found 'my' chair was taken. I sat in another seat, but freely admit to glancing at him several times.

It's almost enough to make me renew my interest in trying to get GOM's seat at the shop in The Emporium.

Someone has been sitting in MY seat at the Art Cafe the last few days - even the staff get out of it when I come there - and felt like pitching a fit until I thought of GOM. I kind of laughed and went somewhere else to eat. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Despite all the higher than mightu posters, I can now see a definate positive outcome to this thread and perhaps to all those involved around the world. I have not written it off as yet, will be popping in every now and then to check the stool. See ya all there!!

Despite all the higher than mightu posters, I can now see a definate positive outcome to this thread

hes probably happily carrying on as before in another coffee shop where he is re arranging the furniture to his hearts content without the interference of the bangkok branch of the spanish inquisition.

another victory for the evil forces of grumpdom over the even more abhorrent interfering old biddies of thai visa.

you're like that bunch of oldies on the long running bbc tv series "last of the summer wine".

It's almost enough to make me renew my interest in trying to get GOM's seat at the shop in The Emporium.

Could you explain what might happen if 2 OCD( obsessive-compulsive disorder) sufferers end up in the same holding pattern? Next Tuesday's Bkk Post front page, Oriental Cafe Murders, OCD's fight to the death, eagerly cheered on by staff........... 55

I was there, no GOM today, so thats a string of no-shows.... me thinks he is a reader now, in which case Mission Accomplished!! The staff had placed a large flower vase in HIS spot this morning at 10, maybe they are mourning :o . I took up a possie across the way at Starbucks, and a few girls came in at half 10, seemed to be clued in on the spot and sat there. No GOM

Oz

I'm waiting for the feature length film - a la John Malkovich. There's a scene in his movie where they're in a cafe and there are dozens of John Malkoviches all over the place - A stool hogger's dream scenario. Suggested title: THAT STOOL IS MINE!

GOM may not be so grumpy after all - and chuckling away while sitting at other choice stools in other cafes.

Interesting to hear there are pretty girls attending the exciting proceedings. Stool-studying groupies perchance? ...and flower arrangers are getting some of the action. I used to date a flower arranger - the sexiest girl I've had the pleasure to meet in 10 years in SE Asia - but that's another story - probably not as exciting as staring at a plastic stool

And stop calling us a cronies or 'old biddies of thai visa', I'm 36, still have my hair and no beer gut, nor am I English, I hardly qualify, or is that just your stereotypical impression, seems you jump to a lot of conclusions without fact or experience taxexile... The two girls there the other day, also, mid 20's, OP same same.....

And stop calling us a cronies or 'old biddies of thai visa', I'm 36, still have my hair and no beer gut, nor am I English, I hardly qualify, or is that just your stereotypical impression, seems you jump to a lot of conclusions without fact or experience taxexile... The two girls there the other day, also, mid 20's, OP same same.....

Good point(s) there !

You do not have to have a beer gut, be bald or even old to act like and old biddie!

this thread should have been closed a long time ago let alone running 28 pages

and especially when some more interesting topics get deleted after 5 posts something not right on TV these days

"Stop internet censorship - free speech" is what your avatar says, in case you forgot what you stand for.

Nothing has actually happened despite several of us "attempting" to provoke the GOM's angry reaction by trying to get to a public space in a cafe before him. He's golfing some days of the week so it's not an everyday occurance as I had thought, but the Oriental certainly haven't lost a customer...everything has remained the same. When he does show he's got there first. GOM 3-0 and I'm sure still no idea what's going on.

so posting someone pic on a public forum without their consent and trying to humiliate them in public then posting about it for the amusement of others is the way ahead is it

So how would you take it if the tables were turned,i mean someone posting your pic all over the net and writing a load of <deleted> about you

would you accept it .... :o

well said

so posting someone pic on a public forum without their consent and trying to humiliate them in public then posting about it for the amusement of others is the way ahead is it

So how would you take it if the tables were turned,i mean someone posting your pic all over the net and writing a load of <deleted> about you

Edited by jellymeister

this thread should have been closed a long time ago let alone running 28 pages

and especially when some more interesting topics get deleted after 5 posts something not right on TV these days

"Stop internet censorship - free speech" is what your avatar says, in case you forgot what you stand for.

Nothing has actually happened despite several of us "attempting" to provoke the GOM's angry reaction by trying to get to a public space in a cafe before him. He's golfing some days of the week so it's not an everyday occurance as I had thought, but the Oriental certainly haven't lost a customer...everything has remained the same. When he does show he's got there first. GOM 3-0 and I'm sure still no idea what's going on.

Funny to see that your avatar isn't of any value to you, besides perhaps only encasing Your selected areas of interest.

You cannot have 'some' freedom. You either have it or you don't.

Funny to see that your avatar isn't of any value to you, besides perhaps only encasing Your selected areas of interest.

You cannot have 'some' freedom. You either have it or you don't.

Sure we can have 'some' freedom; freedom to discuss topics set fourth by our infallible Führer steves_the_1.

I think this is quite boring , so maybe we have to wait until the end of the month .

Then I can promise you some action. :o

Any update from today.......? Who took possession of the 'Golden Stool?'

:D

Edited by balo

I think this is quite boring , so maybe we have to wait until the end of the month .

Then I can promise you some action. :o

Any update from today.......? Who took possession of the 'Golden Stool?'

:D

Only stools I know of, are brown stinky, smelly and squishy. if ya stand on one.

OMG, who would want to take possession of any at al.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.......... poooooooh

With the number of people following the activities at this one coffee shop - might this be a suitable venue for a Thai Visa coffee morning, do I need to book a seat? Only joking......

...it would be better to make it admission by ticket only so GOM does not even get through the door. :o