Locations Of Known Police Checkpoints

Loosescrew

The checkpoints I see most frequently are at the south end of Walking Street near Bali Hai, soi Buakhow and soi Chaiyapoon, Sukhumvit just south of the elephant village, Klang west of 3rd road, soi Bonkock north entrance, soi Photisarn/Naklua road, 3rd road across from fire station or at soi Xzyte.

Know others?

this reminds me of driving in the states on the highway

civilians flash their lights to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap

god bless 'em

when you say 'police checkpoints' do you mean in regards to drivers?

i think that should be clarified

what i have seen (in bkk only)

police pedestrian checkpoints move around and can hit anyone anywhere anytime

(perhaps that's the same in pat. or nonexistent)

driver checkpoints seem to be pretty consistent on a day to day basis

>>police pedestrian checkpoints move around and can hit anyone anywhere anytime <<

Never came across that in Pattaya .

Another spot for mainly motorcycle helmet checks ,is just as you turn left on to Jomtien Beach ,and many times just outside the Soi 9 Pattaya police station .

second week in a row now big checkpoint on sukhumvit at the high way police station. Nothing comes through check for helmets, drivers license everything think they will be having some big police ball soon or so.

Edited by Dirk_brijs

second week in a row now big checkpoint on sukhumvit at the high way police station. Nothing comes through check for helmets, drivers license everything think they will be having some big police ball soon or so.

That's to enforce the message that you cannot now use your mobile 'phone while driving unless you use a hands free. ie. the girlfriend on the back of the bike holding it to your ear.

There's police checks in the mornings just besides Lakeland or alternatively at the top of the hill opposite and just before the Provincial Court building.

That's to enforce the message that you cannot now use your mobile 'phone while driving unless you use a hands free. ie. the girlfriend on the back of the bike holding it to your ear.

Yeah but they are checking that those sort of hands-free devices are compatible with the phone being used. For example, if the phone is a Nokia, the girlfriend must be Nok... etc., etc..

Is this thread so that we can all go another way and break the laws some more or get dead through not wearing our helmets whilst having a phone in our ear?

Is this thread so that we can all go another way and break the laws some more or get dead through not wearing our helmets whilst having a phone in our ear?

You've been here long enough Rimmer... the correct answer is "up 2 u"

... or as my ex- used to say, "sorry 'bout that, sometimes have to be like that."

Edited by NanLaew

Granted these police are not to be trusted, but if you aren't doing anything wrong, why the concern? Once when I hired a cab to take me to Surin to my other home, we were stopped by the police for no other reason than a bribe; SOLUTION: I was a Navy pilot and like to wear my flight suit on long trips for comfort, so after sitting in the back seat for a few minutes, I put my Officer hat on and stepped out of the car....as soon as they saw me in a flight uniform, they immediately let us go, no bribe. Maybe, keeping an Officer hat and Jacket handy might also save you problems, even if you weren't in the service. You can't beat these so-called police, but you can outsmart them.

Maybe, keeping an Officer hat and Jacket handy might also save you problems, even if you weren't in the service. You can't beat these so-called police, but you can outsmart them.

Exactly! You see lots of cars with a policeman's hat on the dashboard or on the back parcel shelf, or a police badge on the grille or sticker on the window. They aren't ALL owned by cops but the local man-in-brown looking for a shakedown isn't going to take a chance that the occupant IS a cop so they get waived on.

Works for me!

The real police get badges for their radiator grilles so they're not likely to be fooled by a farang with a cap on his back window.

They also give their friends their business cards which act as a 'get out of jail free' card when stopped.

Edited by PattayaParent

The real police get badges for their radiator grilles so they're not likely to be fooled by a farang with a cap on his back window.

They also give their friends their business cards which act as a 'get out of jail free' card when stopped.

You are correct, badges and business cards but usually just saying their rank and name works for me.

Granted these police are not to be trusted, but if you aren't doing anything wrong, why the concern? Once when I hired a cab to take me to Surin to my other home, we were stopped by the police for no other reason than a bribe; SOLUTION: I was a Navy pilot and like to wear my flight suit on long trips for comfort, so after sitting in the back seat for a few minutes, I put my Officer hat on and stepped out of the car....as soon as they saw me in a flight uniform, they immediately let us go, no bribe. Maybe, keeping an Officer hat and Jacket handy might also save you problems, even if you weren't in the service. You can't beat these so-called police, but you can outsmart them.

This little gem nearly went past me. :D:o:D:DB)

no, no, no, i cant get up off the floor i keep slipping on the bull shit. :D:D:D

Thank you very big for the Entertainment :D

You are correct, badges and business cards but usually just saying their rank and name works for me.

But who doesn't know the names and rank of half a dozen senior police? They're printed every week in the Pattaya Mail.

But who doesn't know the names and rank of half a dozen senior police? They're printed every week in the Pattaya Mail.

Yes, it's great isn't it? My particular 'get out of jail free' cop isn't even in Pattaya anymore and it still works for me.

god bless 'em

They solved that problem year ago in Australia by making it illegal to warn other motorists of a police "trap" by flashing lights.

god bless 'em

They solved that problem year ago in Australia by making it illegal to warn other motorists of a police "trap" by flashing lights.

You describe the act of alerting other drivers that there is a speed trap ahead as a problem? I would consider it a public service no?

Most speed traps (in the US and UK anyway) have more to do with generating city, municipal, county, etc., revenue and buggerall to do with any overwhelming concern for public safety.

Bit like Thailand then, except the 'fine' doesn't go further than the nice officers back pocket.

Edited by NanLaew

god bless 'em

You describe the act of alerting other drivers that there is a speed trap ahead as a problem? I would consider it a public service no?

Most speed traps (in the US and UK anyway) have more to do with generating city, municipal, county, etc., revenue and buggerall to do with any overwhelming concern for public safety.

Bit like Thailand then, except the 'fine' doesn't go further than the nice officers back pocket.

We're on a different wavelength again!

It's a problem for the police department, not the drivers.