Projectors

I have one I might sell... the bulbs in most projectors are almost as expensive as the projectors themselves though. You can look on eBay to get an idea of what is out there (and even order one, that is where I got mine). Look for a high amount of lumens (1800+) if you plan to show movies at night.

... the bulbs in most projectors are almost as expensive as the projectors themselves though.

I agree. I used to have a projector in the restaurant until I had to replace the bulb. I then bought a 52 inch TV and a 3,000 baht device that connects computers to TV's. I can connect to any TV so it is much more effective and the TVs are generally easier to see in day time as well.

I then bought a 52 inch TV and a 3,000 baht device that connects computers to TV's.

that's a good idea but you couldn't use that outdoors could you?

I then bought a 52 inch TV and a 3,000 baht device that connects computers to TV's.

outdoors is Ok under the right conditions - i.e. not raining and when you can keep the sun off the screen. TVs are often better than projectors during the day time.

TVs can be more cumbersome to handle and less portable, it just depends on whether you want a permanent location or one you can move around.

I have a large area so did not need a flat screen TV ... the old style large TVs prices are going down rapidly as everyone goes for flatscreens, so I was happy to use a TV until the environment got to it and then buy a new one (at the time it was a cheaper alternative to buying a new bulb for my sony projector).

Projectors are a good option, I just found it difficult and expensive to get repairs and spares so moved away from them.

outdoors is Ok under the right conditions - i.e. not raining and when you can keep the sun off the screen. TVs are often better than projectors during the day time.

TVs can be more cumbersome to handle and less portable, it just depends on whether you want a permanent location or one you can move around.

I have a large area so did not need a flat screen TV ... the old style large TVs prices are going down rapidly as everyone goes for flatscreens, so I was happy to use a TV until the environment got to it and then buy a new one (at the time it was a cheaper alternative to buying a new bulb for my sony projector).

Projectors are a good option, I just found it difficult and expensive to get repairs and spares so moved away from them.

AVID has decent products and support. Double check the time line on spares though..... (How long it actually will take for them to replace any particular parts).

AVID has decent products and support. Double check the time line on spares though..... (How long it actually will take for them to replace any particular parts).

Yes AVID have projectors, I have one in my back yard its massive and its very clear, its amazing how sharp it is for movies at night.

AVID put it in with outdoor bose speakers, they realy seem to know what they are doing.

They sell everything from LCDs to Security systems, and have a wide range of projectors, I would think if you dropped in they could arrange what type of what ever you need, they told me if i found someone cheaper they would bet them.

Other thing is, if you want something cheaper, yep go to Singapore, but after the plane fare, probably work out the same.

A

hey dingojoe,

what model projector did you get? I'll probably use AVID in the future for helping with installation and they do seem very professional there, but I did ask for some prices and one model they can get for me they quoted at 200k baht when I can get the exact same one in Singapore for 75k. I'm told different countries have higher taxes than others though so it may be out of their control. So many models to choose from, it's very hard to know what to get!