Best Fish & Chips In Namsom!

Lickey

Five euro falang and 1 canadian have tried my mrs dish, and gave it a big thumbs up!!

The mekong catfish is filleted and rubbed with salt before battering and deep oil cooking,

Chips are tescos value spuds and are firm with a slightly crispy coat,

The peas are Tetleys from OZ and a tspoon of colemans UK mint sauce was added in the cooking.

And colemans Parsley sauce ..

A good filling meal so i wont need any supper!!

post-41116-1212596061_thumb.jpg

Hi Sceadugenga,

normally eat about 7pm, as you can see, we have the usual condiments, although i would prefer Sarsons malt vinigar,,,

Bild766,

Namsom is 100ks NW of Udon Thani, 40k south of Mekong,

Mushy peas, mm, not sure how to do this, do you boil peas more or less into oblivion,then stir in mint sauce?

Thanks for your comments, Cheers, Lickey..

We used to go to Udon once a week, but the hike in fuel prices put a stop to that, we go once a month now, if we buy too much for our 2 fridge freezers, SiL has a 24/7 shop with storage for frozen food. Mrs daughter 17, will get things we are desperate for and bring home on the mini-bus at weekends.

Did you ever go to Sizzlers at Charonsei complex? meet Ozzydom there a few weeks ago, [great fella and a mine of farming info ] im not a big eater but the salad bar then a cheese burger and mrs, salad bar then a pork steak with chips ect,2 soft drinks, 910bht !!!

Pizza Company on the ground floor is better value i think, if you cant eat all, they will pack it and you can take it home.

We hope to meet another TV farming member at the Irish Clock pub, he says the Euro meals there are very good, but that not till Aug/Sept time, did you ever go there?

The mrs would like me to add [me too] that any TV members that are travelling/living in our area, you are welcome to drop by for a tasty treat, just PM me the day before please.

Best regards, Lickey & Pan.

Many thanks for the kind invitation. It's a long standing plan to drive over that way but the Mrs is very good at finding reasons not to go. She's even better at finding reasons for me not go on my own.

When I was in Udon I used to eat at Steve's Bar. Living in Vientiane at the time it had just the type of food I badly needed a fix of. Lamb chops, steaks and other forms of good old Western stodge.

Hi Sceadugenga,

normally eat about 7pm, as you can see, we have the usual condiments, although i would prefer Sarsons malt vinigar,,,

Bild766,

Namsom is 100ks NW of Udon Thani, 40k south of Mekong,

Mushy peas, mm, not sure how to do this, do you boil peas more or less into oblivion,then stir in mint sauce?

Thanks for your comments, Cheers, Lickey..

Hi Lickey

Sadly I am on the other side of the country to you 65km southwest of Khampaeng Phet and it is a tad to far to drop in for lunch on my scooter.

As for the minty mushy peas I used get then from the chippie or out of the tin.