Start Business Procedure

Hi all, italian newbie here, great estimator of thailand, after some mighty holidays and longer trips there, actually with a local gf in bangkok, I'm really decided to try to move there to live next autumn. After long and various considerations I want try this: open a restaurant in bangkok. I know can I do quiet easily trusting my tee rak and making everything in her's name, the problem is I want to have an active role in the business, not just stay behind the scene. So, here's the question: what's the iter to form a partnership with her and have the right to work together? We're not married for the moment but maybe will can get soon when there if everything's ok. I would like to go with a tourist visa to keep doors open for as longer as possible. The best option should be a company or partnership just between us two, if possible.

If anyone can helps me or tell me his experience would be greatly appreciated.

I need infos about visas conversion and wp in case of partnership and on what to do with relative times and expenses to form a partnership compatible with local laws to run a restaurant.

Many thanks, have good time

Max

To set up a company (partnership) in Thailand your will need help from a Thai lawyer. Check out the two sponsors of this forum, Sunbelt and Siam Legal, for their services and tariffs. To operate the company you will need a Thai accountant. This accountant or again the law firm can help you with the paperwork you need for the application for the work permit.

Once you have the work permit, you can apply at the immigration office for a change of visa to non-immigrant status and then apply for annual extensions of stay and of the work permit.

There are different types of partnerships and you should read up on it to know about the financial liabilities you incur with each type. The websites of the aforementioned sponsors probably have information on this subject.

--

Maestro

To set up a company (partnership) in Thailand your will need help from a Thai lawyer. Check out the two sponsors of this forum, Sunbelt and Siam Legal, for their services and tariffs. To operate the company you will need a Thai accountant. This accountant or again the law firm can help you with the paperwork you need for the application for the work permit.

Once you have the work permit, you can apply at the immigration office for a change of visa to non-immigrant status and then apply for annual extensions of stay and of the work permit.

There are different types of partnerships and you should read up on it to know about the financial liabilities you incur with each type. The websites of the aforementioned sponsors probably have information on this subject.

--

Maestro

thanks for the info, I'll check it.

Nobody that did a partnership with a thai gf can share his experience with me?

Have nice day

Bye

Max

--

Maestro

thanks for the info, I'll check it.

Nobody that did a partnership with a thai gf can share his experience with me?

Have nice day

Bye

Max

A Limited Company is much better than a limited partnership as with a partnership...

Your name as a foreigner cannot be on the bank accoun.

You will not have control of the partnership (A limited partnership must be managed only by the partners with unlimited liability. )

Your GF will have unlimited liability. You also will have unlimited liability if you are involved in the day to day operations.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com