Car Lpg Conversion In Pattaya Or Bkk

johninbkk

I paid 40,000 for a 6 cilinder Nissan cefiro, 68 liter tank (was 1000 Baht option if I recall correctly, standard tank is 58 liter)

North Pattaya on Sukhumvit, at the big LPG fill up station 1 km before Minisiam...

Prices might have gone up due to the very high demand at the moment.

I paid 40,000 for a 6 cilinder Nissan cefiro, 68 liter tank (was 1000 Baht option if I recall correctly, standard tank is 58 liter)

North Pattaya on Sukhumvit, at the big LPG fill up station 1 km before Minisiam...

Prices might have gone up due to the very high demand at the moment.

thanks for hte info, yes it was the same station i swent ot today, but last time i was told 25,000 on Thaivisa, but ib Bkk. are you happy with hte results? 15+ years ago in sydney i always used LPG, i found it fantastic...

I know an excellent place outside of Pattaya--pm me if you're interested.

Hi Jimm, thanks for the response, I have read a lot of conflicting info of late, such as additional road tax on LPG cars, and increase LPG per litre, apparently the final decision will be announced in major newspapers in july, so i have decided to hold off until then. john

I'm in BKK. I just got my truck done. 17- 18,000 baht with 50-something litre tank. I simply got my secretary to phone the dealer where I bought the truck and asked where to go to get LPG conversion. They sent us to a place around the corner where there were 7 other new trucks lined up, they fitted the system and that was that. No hype, no offer of upgrades.

My understanding. There are a few choices. For a simple system with a single stage regulator is what I paid. If you want a multiple stage regulator then it is a little more . If you want multipoint injection it goes up to around 40,000 if you want it to have it's own tuneable CPU with O2 feedback more than that.

It depends on the vehicle and the size of the tank but if you just want to drive around and save money and you don't mind a slight, and I mean slight, drop in ultimate performance 18,000 is it. Oh and mine is fuel injected but the LPG isn't. The drop in performance is at higher rpm and load as the regulator is single stage and will not be able to add more fuel. I don't notice much difference with the truck but we don't travel at much above 120. Costs so far 1.4 -1.6 baht per km depending on who drives. If you notice there is a drop in performance and you need a boost you simply flip the switch back to petrol and then back to LPG when you don't. My emissions check engine light comes on sometimes with LPG but if we run on petrol for a while it goes out.

One more thing and the jury is still out on this. You may wish to add 900-1500 baht for a small plastic drip feed upper cylinder lubricant tank http://www.flashlube.com/en/valvesaverkit/pdf/brochure.pdf as LPG is a dry fuel and does not provide any lubrication for the valve stems. Do some surfing and decide for yourself on this bit. I have one because I thought for 1500 what the heck. But I am going to use diesel fuel and not the 550 baht "special" stuff as it is a lead replacent and my vehicle like all modern ones is designed for lead free petrol. Bangkok taxi drivers use two-stroke oil but I think that is overkill. However as the viscosity of 2T is higher they may actually use less. May also be the "additive" that is affecting the emissions light as it is also a lead replacement, I will experiment.

Edited by VocalNeal

I'm in BKK. I just got my truck done. 17- 18,000 baht with 50-something litre tank. I simply got my secretary to phone the dealer where I bought the truck and asked where to go to get LPG conversion. They sent us to a place around the corner where there were 7 other new trucks lined up, they fitted the system and that was that. No hype, no offer of upgrades.

My understanding. There are a few choices. For a simple system with a single stage regulator is what I paid. If you want a multiple stage regulator then it is a little more . If you want multipoint injection it goes up to around 40,000 if you want it to have it's own tuneable CPU with O2 feedback more than that.

It depends on the vehicle and the size of the tank but if you just want to drive around and save money and you don't mind a slight, and I mean slight, drop in ultimate performance 18,000 is it. Oh and mine is fuel injected but the LPG isn't. The drop in performance is at higher rpm and load as the regulator is single stage and will not be able to add more fuel. I don't notice much difference with the truck but we don't travel at much above 120. Costs so far 1.4 -1.6 baht per km depending on who drives. If you notice there is a drop in performance and you need a boost you simply flip the switch back to petrol and then back to LPG when you don't. My emissions check engine light comes on sometimes with LPG but if we run on petrol for a while it goes out.

One more thing and the jury is still out on this. You may wish to add 900-1500 baht for a small plastic drip feed upper cylinder lubricant tank http://www.flashlube.com/en/valvesaverkit/pdf/brochure.pdf as LPG is a dry fuel and does not provide any lubrication for the valve stems. Do some surfing and decide for yourself on this bit. I have one because I thought for 1500 what the heck. But I am going to use diesel fuel and not the 550 baht "special" stuff as it is a lead replacent and my vehicle like all modern ones is designed for lead free petrol. Bangkok taxi drivers use two-stroke oil but I think that is overkill. However as the viscosity of 2T is higher they may actually use less. May also be the "additive" that is affecting the emissions light as it is also a lead replacement, I will experiment.

Hi Neal, thank you for the very informative message. I shall consider all options, but i will wait until July. just in case the govt decides to increase road tax.......